F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > ☛ MHD Flasher F Series (F2x F3x) discussion ☚
GetBMWParts

03-16-2018, 09:53 PM   #1145
Ownnij
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

Damn so much barking on why people hating other tuning applications.
Appreciate 1
ABPReader207.00

03-16-2018, 10:47 PM   #1146
xxxjecxxx2
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by dphjr View Post
So I just got the JB4 removed today, and the shop I was at had an interesting take on JB4. Not only will they refuse to recommend it to anyone, but they will ONLY uninstall them. This is a shop with 20+ years of experience racing, modifying and maintaining BMWs. So I can personally verify what people were saying before about professional shops recommending against JB4.

Y'all can say what you want about tuners "manipulating" us into buying their product, but at some point, you have to wonder if maybe they know what they are talking about.
Well that is a terrible shop lol

Last edited by xxxjecxxx2; 03-17-2018 at 09:17 AM..
Appreciate 1
ABPReader207.00

03-16-2018, 11:09 PM   #1147
GatorF30
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: EBII F30

Quote:
So I just got the JB4 removed today, and the shop I was at had an interesting take on JB4. Not only will they refuse to recommend it to anyone, but they will ONLY uninstall them. This is a shop with 20+ years of experience racing, modifying and maintaining BMWs. So I can personally verify what people were saying before about professional shops recommending against JB4.

Y'all can say what you want about tuners "manipulating" us into buying their product, but at some point, you have to wonder if maybe they know what they are talking about.
They're probably looking at the mess of wires in the crap loom and thinking "who pays for this crap?"
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2018, 12:29 AM   #1148
chaungo
=D
Canada
Rep
Drives: 13' 335ix

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxjecxxx2 View Post
Well that is terrible a shop lol
No, JB4 is just that shitty.

Run JB4 vs any flash tune and you will see a considerable difference, flash tunes will always be safer, more efficent and faster.
Appreciate 1
GatorF30369.50

03-17-2018, 12:44 AM   #1149
harkes
Lieutenant Colonel
China
Rep
Drives: M135i, NSX and AE86

Quote:
Originally Posted by F22M235i View Post
Yes, I have 8AT. The gear quality with JB4 only (before BEF) with additive map is equal to stock. With PID control the shift quality is not good in this sittuation.

JB4 + BEF and PID give me the best result and shift quality now is perfect. Terry raised the torque limiters, so this contribute to a better result, in my opinion the quality is equal to flash only now.

If you compare Flash only vs JB4 PID without BEF, the gear shift quality on flash only wins.

I was very critical with shift quality, this is one of the main reasons why I was using additive maps instead of PID before BEF release.
This is also my conclusion after 4 years with the JB4. In short summary - it's an amazing piece of kit for the features and pure performance. However, it does not offer the "stock" feeling and drive ability as a flash - also not with a BEF for me. Your car being an EWG the JB4 should feel more integrated than my PWG...
SeanWRT2495.50

03-17-2018, 12:49 AM   #1150
jgoens
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i msport

Quote:

Ok...I'm a second time user of this tune and it has worked great for me. Just to put that on the record.
harkes728.00

03-17-2018, 01:54 AM   #1151
badbread
not good, but bad
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i

Time to steer this thread back on track, please?

Some news from the PWG beta group, mhd recently made available an APK that had the options menu in the app and one of those options was to remove cold start. Looking like the release is just around the corner.
Appreciate 2
ABPReader207.00
Ngnet14.00

03-17-2018, 01:27 PM   #1152
Mountain_Commando
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 435i Gran Coupe M-Sport

Indulge me for a minute while I chime in with my thoughts on this great debate.

So I had a Racechip Ultimate, less popular than JB4 but something that many users swear is way better than JB4, albeit less versatile (I'm not making this up, just search for Racechip right here on bimmerpost or on google).

Well, Racechip gave me a significant power upgrade BUT it wasn't exactly smooth especially when I got my bolt on's. Now, RC only plugs into the 2 MAP/TMAP sensors and not the DME, meaning I didn't have to worry about wiring quality or potential shorts at the heart of the engine, as is the case with JB4, meaning it was a lot less problematic.

Long story short, it is simply impossible that a piggyback will give you better performance than a flash tune, period! How many sensors does the JB4 plug into? That's basically the number of parameters it can influence. Versus a flash tune which supplements the entire available range of parameters in a holistic fashion, because it's a SOFTWARE modification not limited to the number of sensors it intercepts.

In my experience, a Piggyback was the best thing since sliced bread UNTIL I flashed my first MHD map. And thereafter there was no looking back. The response and smoothness of MHD blows a piggyback out of the water any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Look, if the JB4 works for you, all good. Stack it with BEF if you please. But folks on this thread aren't bashing JB4 for giggles, I think they're attesting to the fact that MHD is simply a better upgrade overall. You've got Twisted Tuning laying out the case, and this is a professional with more real world data points that the rest of the thread put together, saying the same thing, and we've got folks accusing him of vendor bias.

Last thing I'll add to this rant that's already gone way over...hats off to MHD allowing free speech here. This is a sponsored thread, and people have been segwaying it with BM3 JB4 comparisons galore, yet MHD hasn't stepped in or censored posts at all. That's professionalism. Appeal to all, let's just keep this thread for the MHD F series tune. If you prefer other products, feel free to post in their dedicated threads. Cheers.
435i Gran Coupe | ///M Sport Pkg | 430hp | MHD Stage 2+ | BMS Intake | Catless Downpipe | FMIC | Black Sapphire exterior | 9H Ceramic Coating | Black Anthracite interior | 19" Black ///M Wheels | Red ///M Brake Calipers | ///M Steering wheel | ///M Metal Pedals | Alcantara dash panel | Carbon Fiber trims and gear knob | Angel Eyes LEDs | Surround Cameras | Spoiler | Coded ///M iDrive, Mirrors, HUD |
Appreciate 6
      03-17-2018, 02:18 PM   #1153
Rylen
Custom Powder Coater
Rep
Drives: White 335i Sedan

Where can I go to read more about MHD and less about JB4?

How do I get in the WhatsApp MHD chat?
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2018, 03:04 PM   #1154
nyrussian
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 m5

Quote:
Originally Posted by badbread View Post

Some news from the PWG beta group, mhd recently made available an APK that had the options menu in the app and one of those options was to remove cold start. Looking like the release is just around the corner.
thats exciting i don't know how much longer I can hold out for mhd lol i've been debating on just going with bm3 since they are out i can't find any real differences besides price
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2018, 03:10 PM   #1155
El Conquistador
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 14 XD 335 - 6M as god intended

Does anyone use Sport +? Couldn't MHD put the custom mix into that setting so we can choose on the fly?

For instance S+ could have cold start delete and burble.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2018, 04:26 PM   #1156
WaqasRiyami
Private
Oman
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 ( 535i )

Quote:
Originally Posted by badbread View Post

MHD Just Replied to me, The Burble will be out with the initial release of the app. and it will be out in the next 7 days
2011 F10 535i N55 PWG 8AT | "Pureboost.de Tune" + MHD Flasher | xHP Stage 3 Transmission Tune | N20 3.5bar TMAP Sensor | Pure Stage 2 Turbo | GFB DV+ | Fuel-It Stage 2 LPFP | 93 Octane Fuel | BMS Intake | ER 4" CLess D/Pipe | ER 3" Charge-Pipe | Wagner-Tuning Competition Intercooler | Custom Turbo Inlet Pipe | https://i.imgur.com/iR4wm3I.jpg |
Appreciate 2
      03-17-2018, 05:29 PM   #1157
badbread
not good, but bad
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Conquistador View Post
Does anyone use Sport +? Couldn't MHD put the custom mix into that setting so we can choose on the fly?

For instance S+ could have cold start delete and burble.
Funny, I just asked something similar, basically I asked how granular the different options will be like you said above.

I'll let you know when I get the answer.
      03-17-2018, 06:22 PM   #1158
Seba77W
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 435i Xdrive Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rylen View Post

How do I get in the WhatsApp MHD chat?
The WhatsApp group is only for beta testers. It is split up into N55 PWG and N55 EWG. I got invited to the group after I joined the beta program. I'm assuming once it releases to the public you will get an invite link to join the WhatsApp group chat.
      03-17-2018, 06:33 PM   #1159
Rylen
Custom Powder Coater
Rep
Drives: White 335i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seba77W View Post
The WhatsApp group is only for beta testers. It is split up into N55 PWG and N55 EWG. I got invited to the group after I joined the beta program. I'm assuming once it releases to the public you will get an invite link to join the WhatsApp group chat.

Iím in the beta
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2018, 06:47 PM   #1160
Seba77W
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 435i Xdrive Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rylen View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seba77W View Post

I’m in the beta
Are you EWG? I got an invite link with the email after being accepted into the beta.
      03-17-2018, 07:02 PM   #1161
nyrussian
Private
United_States
Rep

I hate to hijack the thread but where did we land on mhd geting rid of the cat code. Ive read through and its conflicting info. I just got a catless downpipe and want to see if i'll pass emissions with the tune. or if I should just go with bm3
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2018, 08:14 PM   #1162
f32_027
Driver
Canada
Rep
Drives: 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrussian View Post
I hate to hijack the thread but where did we land on mhd geting rid of the cat code. Ive read through and its conflicting info. I just got a catless downpipe and want to see if i'll pass emissions with the tune. or if I should just go with bm3
I have a catless Downpipe and I have no CEL.

MHD's tune clears that code.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2018, 09:27 PM   #1163
irongoat
Rep
Drives: M135i

Hi guys,

Having trouble connecting my phone to the car.

Information is as follows:
- BimmerGeeks Pro Cable (switch to right, also tried middle)
- Samsung Note 8 w/ latest firmware
- 3 x OTG tried (BimmerGeeks provided OTG, Audio grade OTG I use with my portable audio set up and the Official Samsung OTG connection)
- Developer settings on
- Tried USB debugging on and off
- Tried plugging BimmerGeeks Cable in and OTG into phone and then connected them both (read this worked some where)

I am not sure what is the problem. Only thing I guess I should clarify is that it's just computer on not ignition on. I have the M135i so that means I just press the ignition button but no foot on brake.

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks guys.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2018, 09:35 PM   #1164
El Conquistador
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 14 XD 335 - 6M as god intended

Quote:
Originally Posted by irongoat View Post
Hi guys,

Having trouble connecting my phone to the car.

Information is as follows:
- BimmerGeeks Pro Cable (switch to right, also tried middle)
- Samsung Note 8 w/ latest firmware
- 3 x OTG tried (BimmerGeeks provided OTG, Audio grade OTG I use with my portable audio set up and the Official Samsung OTG connection)
- Developer settings on
- Tried USB debugging on and off
- Tried plugging BimmerGeeks Cable in and OTG into phone and then connected them both (read this worked some where)

I am not sure what is the problem. Only thing I guess I should clarify is that it's just computer on not ignition on. I have the M135i so that means I just press the ignition button but no foot on brake.

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks guys.
Do you have an invite to the beta? I had the same issue at first and thought it was a technical issue.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2018, 09:38 PM   #1165
nyrussian
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by f32_027 View Post
I have a catless Downpipe and I have no CEL.

MHD's tune clears that code.
Any idea if it sets It to ready? So it'll pass inspection
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2018, 09:39 PM   #1166
irongoat
Rep
Drives: M135i

Hm Yeh i think so I was able to download the app... So I assume that it's ready? How do I check?

Thank you for your comment. It has given me hope haha.
Appreciate 0