F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > ☛ MHD Flasher F Series (F2x F3x) discussion ☚
Extreme Powerhouse

03-17-2018, 09:46 PM   #1167
El Conquistador
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 14 XD 335 - 6M as god intended

Quote:
Originally Posted by irongoat View Post
Hm Yeh i think so I was able to download the app... So I assume that it's ready? How do I check?

Thank you for your comment. It has given me hope haha.
Nope. You have the E90 version. You need to email MHD and get an invite for the F30 version.

It could be clearer and drove me crazy at first.

From what was reported the regular, non beta, available to everyone version that does not require invitation will be out in a week.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2018, 09:47 PM   #1168
irongoat
Rep
Drives: M135i

I definitely have the f series one as I received the link in an email. Also have been signed up to a f series beta group on Google.

THE app on my home screen also says MHD F series.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2018, 10:03 PM   #1169
El Conquistador
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I definitely have the f series one as I received the link in an email. Also have been signed up to a f series beta group on Google.

THE app on my home screen also says MHD F series.
OK, the device you are using is fine, is the switch turned to the right on the OBD cable?
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2018, 10:04 PM   #1170
irongoat
Rep

It is on the right yes. When I plug it in initially it lights up for a second then goes off. Is the light meant to be on the whole time?
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2018, 10:05 PM   #1171
El Conquistador
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
It is on the right yes. When I plug it in initially it lights up for a second then goes off. Is the light meant to be on the whole time?
No, only for a second.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2018, 10:07 PM   #1172
El Conquistador
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Conquistador View Post
No, only for a second.
When I started this I had the same issues and was sure it would never work, now I update on a whim with no concerns. There is something that is not right, once you have figured it out you will never look back.

Still feel like you don't have the right version though.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2018, 10:33 PM   #1173
ChrisFulton
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrussian View Post
I hate to hijack the thread but where did we land on mhd geting rid of the cat code. Ive read through and its conflicting info. I just got a catless downpipe and want to see if i'll pass emissions with the tune. or if I should just go with bm3
I think that depends upon the type of test that they do in your state.
Here in Cali, there is no longer a "sniff" test; they connect directly into your OBD port.
Here, I understand that you won't pass smog as the car will not go into "ready state;" which is required before they can administer the smog test.
I've checked using the MHD app and it says: "not ready."
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2018, 10:35 PM   #1174
ChrisFulton
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Any idea if it sets It to ready? So it'll pass inspection
See my above post.
It is my impression that it will not ever go into "ready."
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2018, 10:36 PM   #1175
nyrussian
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 m5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFulton View Post
I think that depends upon the type of test that they do in your state.
Here in Cali, there is no longer a "sniff" test; they connect directly into your OBD port.
Here, I understand that you won't pass smog as the car will not go into "ready state;" which is required before they can administer the smog test.
I've checked using the MHD app and it says: "not ready."
It's similar where I'm at. They just plug into the one 2. I just need to confirm that I can have 1 not ready. But there is no cat code correct.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2018, 10:44 PM   #1176
irongoat
Rep

Quote:
Hi guys,

Having trouble connecting my phone to the car.

Information is as follows:
- BimmerGeeks Pro Cable (switch to right, also tried middle)
- Samsung Note 8 w/ latest firmware
- 3 x OTG tried (BimmerGeeks provided OTG, Audio grade OTG I use with my portable audio set up and the Official Samsung OTG connection)
- Developer settings on
- Tried USB debugging on and off
- Tried plugging BimmerGeeks Cable in and OTG into phone and then connected them both (read this worked some where)

I am not sure what is the problem. Only thing I guess I should clarify is that it's just computer on not ignition on. I have the M135i so that means I just press the ignition button but no foot on brake.

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks guys.
Update : confirmed that I have the F series application and am part of the beta.

Bump for a guy keen flash his F series! Thanks guys.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2018, 03:35 AM   #1177
Rylen
Custom Powder Coater
Rep
Drives: White 335i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seba77W View Post
Are you EWG? I got an invite link with the email after being accepted into the beta.
PWG
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2018, 03:38 AM   #1178
Rylen
Custom Powder Coater
Rep
Drives: White 335i Sedan

Quote:
Update : confirmed that I have the F series application and am part of the beta.

Did you turn on airplane mode? I was having trouble until I turned on airplane mode
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2018, 03:59 AM   #1179
BeeEyez
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 435i Dinan Stage 3

Quote:

Had a similar issue, found out the problem was that since i had Dinan software still on the car, it would cause the car to not be in a state that MHD could read. so had to take that off before doing anything.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2018, 09:33 AM   #1180
Jjeckelxz5
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 335IX

Hi All,

I'm new here, but have been lurking for about a month. I recently purchased a CTS intake, VRSF charge pipe and VRSF 5"HD FMIC that will be installed within the next couple of weeks. Is this sufficient to run the stage 2 tune? I know the first page says that it is, however the N54 and N55 E series apps say a downpipe is recommended for stage 2. What is the added risk when running a stage 2 tune without a downpipe?

Also, does the MHD app work with an Android emulator like Remix OS or Bluestacks? I would prefer to use my PC instead of purchasing a tablet just for the MHD App.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2018, 09:44 AM   #1181
ChrisFulton
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
It's similar where I'm at. They just plug into the one 2. I just need to confirm that I can have 1 not ready. But there is no cat code correct.
No code for me. Running Fabspeed sportcat.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2018, 12:59 PM   #1182
cehrl7
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3

Garage List
2020 BMW X3 M40i  [0.00]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjeckelxz5 View Post
Hi All,

I'm new here, but have been lurking for about a month. I recently purchased a CTS intake, VRSF charge pipe and VRSF 5"HD FMIC that will be installed within the next couple of weeks. Is this sufficient to run the stage 2 tune? I know the first page says that it is, however the N54 and N55 E series apps say a downpipe is recommended for stage 2. What is the added risk when running a stage 2 tune without a downpipe?

Also, does the MHD app work with an Android emulator like Remix OS or Bluestacks? I would prefer to use my PC instead of purchasing a tablet just for the MHD App.
I have about the same mods: M2 intake and Vrsf 5" HD fmic. I ran stage 1 and 2, didn't really see much difference. I definitely had more lag with the larger fmic vs. oem one. I am getting a dp installed this week and will flash stage 2+ to see if lag and boost levels are better.
You can definitely run stage 2 with just the fmic. I pm'd MHD and they said it's ok. Let me know how it does once you get it installed.
      03-18-2018, 01:19 PM   #1183
nyrussian
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 m5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFulton View Post
No code for me. Running Fabspeed sportcat.
Is that catless?
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2018, 01:48 PM   #1184
El Conquistador
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Is that catless?
Sportcat means high flow cat
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2018, 02:52 PM   #1185
Kayblasto55
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Iím in the beta test and just to make sure there isnít an M2 stage 2+ yet right?
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2018, 08:16 PM   #1186
Mountain_Commando
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 435i Gran Coupe M-Sport

Quote:
I hate to hijack the thread but where did we land on mhd geting rid of the cat code. Ive read through and its conflicting info. I just got a catless downpipe and want to see if i'll pass emissions with the tune. or if I should just go with bm3

Quote:
Originally Posted by f32_027 View Post
I have a catless Downpipe and I have no CEL.

MHD's tune clears that code.
Let me just add, it depends which catless you have.

I had to get a custom one made by a shop, because I couldn't find an affordable one for RHD cars. With this pipe, MHD clears the code but it always comes back. Not a huge issue tho, you learn to ignore the CEL in time.

Brand name pipes don't have this problem, many users are running Wagner, VRSF et al and have permanently cleared out their CEL using MHD.
435i Gran Coupe | ///M Sport Pkg | 430hp | MHD Stage 2+ | BMS Intake | Catless Downpipe | FMIC | Black Sapphire exterior | 9H Ceramic Coating | Black Anthracite interior | 19" Black ///M Wheels | Red ///M Brake Calipers | ///M Steering wheel | ///M Metal Pedals | Alcantara dash panel | Carbon Fiber trims and gear knob | Angel Eyes LEDs | Surround Cameras | Spoiler | Coded ///M iDrive, Mirrors, HUD |

Last edited by Mountain_Commando; 03-18-2018 at 08:23 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2018, 08:22 PM   #1187
Mountain_Commando
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 435i Gran Coupe M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjeckelxz5 View Post
Hi All,

As I understand it, Downpipe is the single most effective bolt-on of all. Optimizing your incoming air and IAT cannot yield much gains when your exhaust itself is restricted due to the cat. You will definitely miss out on the true benefits of a stage 2 without a downpipe, and may even be stressing the engine.

I believe Twisted Tuning reported that users have successfully used MHD's E-series app with Android emulators, so F-series should work too (I asked this of MHD in email, and they said it should work). It's definitely worth a try, doesn't cost anything. The only disadvantage is that you'll need your PC anytime you want to do logs or map updates, which is why I just went ahead with a cheapie tablet myself.
435i Gran Coupe | ///M Sport Pkg | 430hp | MHD Stage 2+ | BMS Intake | Catless Downpipe | FMIC | Black Sapphire exterior | 9H Ceramic Coating | Black Anthracite interior | 19" Black ///M Wheels | Red ///M Brake Calipers | ///M Steering wheel | ///M Metal Pedals | Alcantara dash panel | Carbon Fiber trims and gear knob | Angel Eyes LEDs | Surround Cameras | Spoiler | Coded ///M iDrive, Mirrors, HUD |
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2018, 09:58 PM   #1188
irongoat
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rylen View Post
Did you turn on airplane mode? I was having trouble until I turned on airplane mode
Will try tonight. Hope you are correct! Getting desperate...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeEyez View Post
Had a similar issue, found out the problem was that since i had Dinan software still on the car, it would cause the car to not be in a state that MHD could read. so had to take that off before doing anything.
I have a JB4 installed but that is not software loaded and it was set to Map 0 and disconnected.

What is the email to email MHD directly? I have only PM'd them on Facebook which currently says they are away.
Appreciate 0