F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > ☛ MHD Flasher F Series (F2x F3x) discussion ☚
GetBMWParts

01-06-2018, 03:57 PM   #155
Munchi435i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Alpine White 435i M-sport

Just sent my logs too!!! 1st pull was amazing but the 2nd pull felt like power was cut off before reaching 6500 in 4th gear! Well I'll go a little easy until I hear back from MHD.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2018, 04:03 PM   #156
Munchi435i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Alpine White 435i M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceedawg View Post
Munchi my car is stock and Im looking into MHD and Bootmod3 and all you have is this MHD flash and that's it? Wow!!! Nice!! The back and forth decision is driving me crazy
Trust me I was on the fence for the longest wanting to pull the trigger on JB4 but then BM3 came out and I waited to hear how that was going to hold up. I was about to order BM3 and thats when MHD announced the beta testing and for half the price of BM3 plus I don't have to remove my DME!!! I was sold the moment I was accepted into the beta testing lol!!! Currently here in Central Florida the weather is hovering around 50s-60s and that means not much concern for heatsoaked intercooler, so I'm loving life right now!! But I know I'll need to upgrade FMIC before summer hits to keep IAT's down.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2018, 04:18 PM   #157
GatorF30
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: EBII F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchi435i View Post
Just sent my logs too!!! 1st pull was amazing but the 2nd pull felt like power was cut off before reaching 6500 in 4th gear! Well I'll go a little easy until I hear back from MHD.
Experienced the same. Pedal was all the way down, started to hang around 5500 rpm and boost dropped. Like acceleration/power hit a brick wall.
Appreciate 1
ABPReader207.00

01-06-2018, 04:20 PM   #158
Lancelot
Major
France
Rep
Drives: 2014 M Sport ActiveHybrid3

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancelot View Post
Will the ActiveHybrid3 be supported?
Not sure at this point. Maybe if it shares the same rom as other N55 I need to check but I doubt it.
Let me know if you want to check on my car, the ECU is the same as any other N55 F series, but it has an e-drive part as well.
M Performance BBK - F80 CFRP struts brace - Quaife LSD - M adaptive suspension/ST sport springs - Akrapovic Exhaust - HJS EU6 downpipe - Wagner Evo2 Comp IC - BMC air filter - Powerflex Black Subframe Bushings - Bimmertech amp with Focal speakers

Last edited by Lancelot; 01-07-2018 at 02:42 AM..
Appreciate 1
afranke192.50

01-06-2018, 08:24 PM   #159
Twisted Tuning
Major
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by f32_027 View Post
In the engine compartment, on the right side of the car, under the cowling on-top of the fuse box Twisted Tuning
that's fine. That's where i have my nitrous ECU on our Nitrous N54 shop car. Stays pretty dry in there pending the cover gets seated properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the1isntugly View Post
Will you be able to drive with the MAF disconnected for those that are getting codes with aftermarket intakes?
Quote:
Originally Posted by paimon.soror View Post
Well, one of the points of the tune would be to scale the MAF depending on the type of intake you have, so hopefully the MHD tune would actually correct the issue instead of having you disconnect the MAF

The reason for the CEL is most likely due to the difference in the size of the maf housing that is throwing the measured air outside of the MAF curves acceptable tolerance.
the MAF is there for a reason. And with flash, the proper way to do it as we have done with the E-series N55 is calibrate the MAF for intakes which needed it.

Despite that, I've been testing MAFLESS operation on some E-series cars. Mainly for when owners decide to go big single turbo. So chances are anything on the E will be ported to the F and vice versa for thing that may happen to be on F but not on E series.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2018, 09:14 PM   #160
ceedawg
Major
Rep
Drives: 2k15 335i xdrive MSport 6spd

Quote:
Trust me I was on the fence for the longest wanting to pull the trigger on JB4 but then BM3 came out and I waited to hear how that was going to hold up. I was about to order BM3 and thats when MHD announced the beta testing and for half the price of BM3 plus I don't have to remove my DME!!! I was sold the moment I was accepted into the beta testing lol!!! Currently here in Central Florida the weather is hovering around 50s-60s and that means not much concern for heatsoaked intercooler, so I'm loving life right now!! But I know I'll need to upgrade FMIC before summer hits to keep IAT's down.
Yeah man I kinda figured the price and the cable you can't beat that. Down the road, I'm going with the Speedtech turbo system since all I have to change is the exh manifold and turbo. Should run cooler than the present turbo, temporarily negating me having to change the fmic running lower boost and making more ,power.
Thanks I think you have me sold. Especially since you are impressed with the power increase. I had sent a text to the guys who make or sell BM3 about a cable for their system and got no response. So MHD Im sold.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2018, 09:21 PM   #161
ceedawg
Major
Rep

Quote:
Hmmmmm,heat soaked or pulling timing back.Hurry up can't wait to her about your logs
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2018, 10:58 PM   #162
terryd5150
Head Fry Cook at McBurgertown
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i M-Sport 6MT

Quote:
Yeah man I kinda figured the price and the cable you can't beat that. Down the road, I'm going with the Speedtech turbo system since all I have to change is the exh manifold and turbo. Should run cooler than the present turbo, temporarily negating me having to change the fmic running lower boost and making more ,power.
Thanks I think you have me sold. Especially since you are impressed with the power increase. I had sent a text to the guys who make or sell BM3 about a cable for their system and got no response. So MHD Im sold.
Keep us posted on that one.

I'm sold on going beyond the PS2; but, I'm still on the fence between Big Boost and Speedtech.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2018, 11:20 PM   #163
xxxjecxxx2
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i M Sport

Quote:
I Flashed stage 1 about 30 mins ago and just came back from a short drive. Even in comfort mode I could feel a difference in throttle response and a overall power! After letting the oil temp get to about 200 degrees I switched to sport+ and WOW!!!! amazed at the difference with just a flash and being completely stock!! I have not had a chance to log anything but I think we are suppose to do a few WOT passes to calibrate the tune and then I'll start my logging. All in all, everything is still working as it should and no codes, fingers crossed!
I'm in Orlando / Kissimmee. Would love to check it out in person when you get to the final map
      01-06-2018, 11:38 PM   #164
Mountain_Commando
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 435i Gran Coupe M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorF30 View Post
Experienced the same. Pedal was all the way down, started to hang around 5500 rpm and boost dropped. Like acceleration/power hit a brick wall.
Which map is this on?

Since I have a catless downpipe and intake, I'll be going straight to map 2. Got an FMIC on it's way, so will be going to 2+ right after 2.

The wait is killing me! My cable is somewhere over the pacific ocean. Meanwhile as a prep, I also removed my Racechip piggyback so right now it feels like I'm driving a prius
435i Gran Coupe | ///M Sport Pkg | 430hp | MHD Stage 2+ | BMS Intake | Catless Downpipe | FMIC | Black Sapphire exterior | 9H Ceramic Coating | Black Anthracite interior | 19" Black ///M Wheels | Red ///M Brake Calipers | ///M Steering wheel | ///M Metal Pedals | Alcantara dash panel | Carbon Fiber trims and gear knob | Angel Eyes LEDs | Surround Cameras | Spoiler | Coded ///M iDrive, Mirrors, HUD |
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2018, 11:58 PM   #165
Chicken_Joe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 335i M Sport. EB 6M

I really want to get in on this I'm tired of waiting for flash for my car lol I'm FBO minus turbo upgrade and inlet and DV+
13' 335i M Sport. EBII/Coral Red 6MT. RPI GT exhaust, Resonator delete, BM3 Stage 2, ER CP, VRSF DP. Dinan Shockware. Varis Japan carbon front lip. Carbon M Performance rear diffuser. M4 trunk lip. Vvroom custom carbon side fins. Firehawk Indy 500 225/40/19 and 255/35/19
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2018, 12:20 AM   #166
valve float
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken_Joe View Post
I really want to get in on this I'm tired of waiting for flash for my car lol I'm FBO minus turbo upgrade and inlet and DV+
you from the other mhd thread....

Quote:
Pointless we have PTF let's move on
Quote:
No, to my knowledge it's still needs to be removed. Which renders this pointless imo
Quote:
For the record I don't even have my car flashed but everyone in the N54 community dick rides MHD but still ends up needing a JB4 for a Boost controller so I just lol
Quote:
However you are missing where it still cost about 400 to have the dme taken out and unlocked and then out back in the car. Point I'm making is that MHD isn't doing anything that hasn't already been done on the F Chassis by other people who have over 2 years of dev work on just the PWG and ewg F chassis cars alone. No other car just F chassis. Yes comp is great but unless MHD can magically unlock the dme without taking it out of the car then I don't see them as doing anything more then PTF has already been able to accomplish. Also, do you even have an F chassis car or are you in here from the MHD e chassis group just stirring stuff up?
get in line bro...back of the line...
Appreciate 6
      01-07-2018, 12:26 AM   #167
Chicken_Joe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 335i M Sport. EB 6M

Quote:
Originally Posted by valve float View Post
Quote:
you from the other mhd thread....

Quote:
Pointless we have PTF let's move on
Quote:
No, to my knowledge it's still needs to be removed. Which renders this pointless imo
Quote:
For the record I don't even have my car flashed but everyone in the N54 community dick rides MHD but still ends up needing a JB4 for a Boost controller so I just lol
Quote:
However you are missing where it still cost about 400 to have the dme taken out and unlocked and then out back in the car. Point I'm making is that MHD isn't doing anything that hasn't already been done on the F Chassis by other people who have over 2 years of dev work on just the PWG and ewg F chassis cars alone. No other car just F chassis. Yes comp is great but unless MHD can magically unlock the dme without taking it out of the car then I don't see them as doing anything more then PTF has already been able to accomplish. Also, do you even have an F chassis car or are you in here from the MHD e chassis group just stirring stuff up?
get in line bro...back of the line...
Ok
13' 335i M Sport. EBII/Coral Red 6MT. RPI GT exhaust, Resonator delete, BM3 Stage 2, ER CP, VRSF DP. Dinan Shockware. Varis Japan carbon front lip. Carbon M Performance rear diffuser. M4 trunk lip. Vvroom custom carbon side fins. Firehawk Indy 500 225/40/19 and 255/35/19
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2018, 12:43 AM   #168
GatorF30
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: EBII F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain_Commando View Post
Which map is this on?

Since I have a catless downpipe and intake, I'll be going straight to map 2. Got an FMIC on it's way, so will be going to 2+ right after 2.

The wait is killing me! My cable is somewhere over the pacific ocean. Meanwhile as a prep, I also removed my Racechip piggyback so right now it feels like I'm driving a prius
Stage 2+
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2018, 12:52 AM   #169
harkes
Lieutenant Colonel
China
Rep
Drives: M135i, NSX and AE86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seba77W View Post
What intakes get CEL lights?
I've had my CTS Turbo intake on for nearly 10k miles with no problems and no CEL! And the sound!
That looks like a real quality kit!
Seba77W291.50

01-07-2018, 01:07 AM   #170
Seba77W
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 435i Xdrive Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by harkes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seba77W View Post
What intakes get CEL lights?
I've had my CTS Turbo intake on for nearly 10k miles with no problems and no CEL! And the sound!
That looks like a real quality kit!
It honestly is. I'd definitely recommend it if you're looking for an amazing sounding intake with great dependability.
      01-07-2018, 06:28 AM   #171
ceedawg
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by terryd5150 View Post
Keep us posted on that one.

I'm sold on going beyond the PS2; but, I'm still on the fence between Big Boost and Speedtech.
After reading this I am convinced that Speedtech has the best setup including superior turbocharger at the same price.

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50451
Appreciate 1
      01-07-2018, 09:03 AM   #172
X5Carbon4Dee
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F15 X5 Carbon Black

Garage List
2014 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxjecxxx2 View Post
I'm in Orlando / Kissimmee. Would love to check it out in person when you get to the final map
+1 Would definitely like to check that out as well.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2018, 10:27 AM   #173
terryd5150
Head Fry Cook at McBurgertown
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i M-Sport 6MT

Quote:
After reading this I am convinced that Speedtech has the best setup including superior turbocharger at the same price.

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50451
I'm in that thread, too. Lol.

I agree that Speedtech has the better turbo with their kit, by far; but it's the space constraint and the consideration that you have to use a solid motor mount to get their kit to fit that has me considering Big Boost (who is supposed to be developing their own EFR kit).

I'm looking to make a great street car; it'll see little to no track use. Because of that, the additional NVH that comes with solid mounts isn't something I'm all that interested in.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2018, 10:33 AM   #174
Kennedy28
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i

So I am looking for a couple opinions. My 335i msport is stock outside of an intake(so stock). Anyways I am trying to debate on just skipping the stage 1 map packs and going straight to stage 2 as I am planning on a Dp and intercooler within a few weeks. My question is will stage 2 be alright stock and just monitor my fuel/knock/ait or am i just asking for trouble and just go stage 1 to play it safe.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2018, 10:51 AM   #175
valve float
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i

IMO, if you access to good quality 93oct, go for stg 2/2+...you'll be fine...OTS maps typically have a margin of safety built in...
Appreciate 1
      01-07-2018, 01:20 PM   #176
mbanks21
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i MSport

Any update on using jb4 to BEF mhd?