F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Bm3 vs mhd vs aa
proTUNING Freaks

09-29-2018, 12:43 PM   #155
ceedawg
Major
Rep
Drives: 2k15 335i xdrive MSport 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by F06WINS View Post
Today is weekend and I have lots of time for this stuff..... In fact I flashed the DME of my F32 the other day with latest PSDZdata with the perspective of getting a top tune for the 435iXdrive this weekend.
It's a 2014 (May) build with the MPPK thus 340 PS.
For me the choice which is breaking my head is between MHD vs BM3! I don't track my car and I do not do lots of datalogging. I am mostly interested in:

Best possible performance 0 to 100 km/h (0-60 mph)

A "clean" top speed limit remover (in the past not everyone was able to do that properly - especially at the time DMEs were sent it physically to be unlocked)

Top performance from 100 to 200 km/h and nice power in the higher ranges too when revving from 220 km/h onwards. Yes I drive a lot on German highways.

According to my calculations the MHD option (when adding monitor module too) is still some 110 Euro cheaper. BUT as I have read lots of positive comments on the BM3 I am very much doubting thinking the price difference is negligible in this case.
Also BM3 has a fantastic reputation and a proven history.

My Setup:

FMIC, charge pipe and turbo to IC pipe - all from EVOLUTION RACEWERKS
HJS catted downpipe 300er
MPPK including m Performance exchaust
Fuel: ALWAYS Shell V-Power 100 RON or ARAL 102 when in Germany

Thanks for your inputs
Cant go wrong with either, definitely not a ground breaking choice since they both can also be custom tuned!
      09-29-2018, 04:19 PM   #156
Seba77W
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 435i Xdrive Coupe

Quote:
Today is weekend and I have lots of time for this stuff..... In fact I flashed the DME of my F32 the other day with latest PSDZdata with the perspective of getting a top tune for the 435iXdrive this weekend.
It's a 2014 (May) build with the MPPK thus 340 PS.
For me the choice which is breaking my head is between MHD vs BM3! I don't track my car and I do not do lots of datalogging. I am mostly interested in:

Best possible performance 0 to 100 km/h (0-60 mph)

A "clean" top speed limit remover (in the past not everyone was able to do that properly - especially at the time DMEs were sent it physically to be unlocked)

Top performance from 100 to 200 km/h and nice power in the higher ranges too when revving from 220 km/h onwards. Yes I drive a lot on German highways.

According to my calculations the MHD option (when adding monitor module too) is still some 110 Euro cheaper. BUT as I have read lots of positive comments on the BM3 I am very much doubting thinking the price difference is negligible in this case.
Also BM3 has a fantastic reputation and a proven history.

My Setup:

FMIC, charge pipe and turbo to IC pipe - all from EVOLUTION RACEWERKS
HJS catted downpipe 300er
MPPK including m Performance exchaust
Fuel: ALWAYS Shell V-Power 100 RON or ARAL 102 when in Germany

Thanks for your inputs
Here's my MHD Stage2+ 95 octane tuned 2014 435i xDrive.
Fabspeed high flow cat
ER Comp. Intercooler
ER Charge pipe
CTS Turbo intake
Active Autowerke axle back

My experience with MHD has been great ! The car is completely transformed and reliability has been great! Have the burble option which is awesome! Top seed limiter removed! The logging capabilities are great! The recent fix for 3rd/6th gear TQ limit made the car unbelievably quicker off the line! Fish tailing in 3rd on xDrive is fun! But honestly probably can't go wrong with either.
Attached Images

09-30-2018, 02:19 PM   #157
F06WINS
First Lieutenant
Italy
Rep
Drives: F06 LCI & F32

Thanks to everybody for the input and feedback.

Late last night I decided and purchased BM3! The reasons are simple as I believe both are great choices especially based on positive drivers' comments here at Bimmerpost and pretty much else where too.

The decisive factor was the PURCHASE experience. Initially considering the positive stuff and the more favorable price I opted for MHD Flasher N55. BUT I spent hours yesterday with Google Pay and had google call me 3 times. My transactions, were blocked every time I tried to close the transaction. Tried different CCards and even PayPal. Google is still investigating why it wasn't working..... Only being able to purchase via APP is in my opinion a shortcoming especialy considering google is the only optione there.
Long story short I found the purchasing and installing (tune) experience AMAZING as far as BM3 goes. Thus BM3 it is!!!
Also the people over at PTF were very fast in replying to all my inquiries, questions, doubts and more. I exchanged emails over the past weeks. I cannot say the same about MHD since I got very slow responses.

I installed the STAGE 2 MAP 93 Octane (AGG) and went for a short drive. I did some hard pulls and then hooked up to ISTA. ZERO DME errors which is always good to begin with. I am on Shell VPower 100 RON.
I notice even in Comfort MODE the car pulls really nice. The difference is immediately noticeable. Unfortunately here in chees and chocolate land I cannot dirve too fast and will have to wait until I drive back in Italy and Germany where I can test it more thoroughly.

Do you people think with V-Power 100 RON I could try and risk a Stage 2 RACE GAS map? After all I do not track the car and don't pull max unless I am driving somewhere on decent highways. I never tried such a map but perhaps some of you can say more out of experience.

Cheers
Appreciate 1
jh_f30987.00

09-30-2018, 02:44 PM   #158
jh_f30
Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i Sportline Auto RWD

Quote:

Late last night I decided and purchased BM3! The reasons are simple as I believe both are great choices especially based on positive drivers' comments here at Bimmerpost and pretty much else where too.

The decisive factor was the PURCHASE experience. Initially considering the positive stuff and the more favorable price I opted for MHD Flasher N55. BUT I spent hours yesterday with Google Pay and had google call me 3 times. My transactions, were blocked every time I tried to close the transaction. Tried different CCards and even PayPal. Google is still investigating why it wasn't working..... Only being able to purchase via APP is in my opinion a shortcoming especialy considering google is the only optione there.
Long story short I found the purchasing and installing (tune) experience AMAZING as far as BM3 goes. Thus BM3 it is!!!
Also the people over at PTF were very fast in replying to all my inquiries, questions, doubts and more. I exchanged emails over the past weeks. I cannot say the same about MHD since I got very slow responses.

I installed the STAGE 2 MAP 93 Octane (AGG) and went for a short drive. I did some hard pulls and then hooked up to ISTA. ZERO DME errors which is always good to begin with. I am on Shell VPower 100 RON.
I notice even in Comfort MODE the car pulls really nice. The difference is immediately noticeable. Unfortunately here in chees and chocolate land I cannot dirve too fast and will have to wait until I drive back in Italy and Germany where I can test it more thoroughly.

Do you people think with V-Power 100 RON I could try and risk a Stage 2 RACE GAS map? After all I do not track the car and don't pull max unless I am driving somewhere on decent highways. I never tried such a map but perhaps some of you can say more out of experience.

Cheers
Nice! Congrats on the tune! As far as 100 RON gas, that's around 95AKI. To my knowledge, race gas is 100+AKI. I'd ask PTF and see what they say/recommend.
F06WINS99.50

09-30-2018, 03:00 PM   #159
ceedawg
Major
Rep

Quote:

Cheers
Good choice however MHD is still considered a great tune regardless of the transaction issue you personally had .Keep us posted!
      09-30-2018, 03:04 PM   #160
F06WINS
First Lieutenant
Italy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceedawg View Post
Good choice however MHD is still considered a great tune regardless of the transaction issue you personally had .Keep us posted!
Absolutely. I have read all the positives as that is a proved tune too.

I was just commenting on the purchase experience and it my case it was terrible. In fact, they warn of possible issues with google - so it's not just me but something likely to occur. I just think there should be more options as I find, found this rather restrictive. And they lost my business because initially I had opted for MHD.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2018, 03:23 PM   #161
F06WINS
First Lieutenant
Italy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh_f30 View Post
Nice! Congrats on the tune! As far as 100 RON gas, that's around 95AKI. To my knowledge, race gas is 100+AKI. I'd ask PTF and see what they say/recommend.
Thanks.

Indeed I did ask them and I am looking forward to their reply. The official note on the map spec states it is for "102+ RON - EURO. Thus Shell V-Power where I live (rated at 100 RON) just falls short of that. People in Germany have the option ARAL Ultimate 102 which is sort of their "racing" fuel.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2018, 09:43 AM   #162
ceedawg
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaredG_F30 View Post
You can't currently do this on bm3. The closest you can come is to run the free stock M2 tune with CEL delete which is what I plan to run for HPDE events.
So there is an M2 tune available for the 335i in the bm3 maps?