F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Andream MMI Box - Wireless CarPlay & Android Auto
GetBMWParts

10-27-2020, 04:23 PM   #5127
MajorJump
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdlloyd View Post
I recently installed an Andream MMI in my 2015 i3 along with a backup camera I purchased from aliexpress.com. I’m having two issues and wondering if anyone has experienced this and has a solution.

In the morning after the car has charged two things happen. First, the MMI does not like to connect to my phone via CarPlay. If I go to the Bluetooth setting on my phone and select the MMI it will pop up and start working. This could be a setting with my iPhone but not sure. The second issue is with the reverse camera. When I put the car in reverse and the camera will start flickering. The strange thing about both these issues is that they only happen after the car has changed overnight. When I get in my car to go home at the end of the workday the CarPlay connects right up and the camera works flawlessly.

Could this be an issue of the MMI taking time to come out of a sleep/standby mode in the morning? Any other ideas?

TIA

Camera:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3284...7ff34c4dKrSJqf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdlloyd View Post
I recently installed an Andream MMI in my 2015 i3 along with a backup camera I purchased from aliexpress.com. I'm having two issues and wondering if anyone has experienced this and has a solution.

In the morning after the car has charged two things happen. First, the MMI does not like to connect to my phone via CarPlay. If I go to the Bluetooth setting on my phone and select the MMI it will pop up and start working. This could be a setting with my iPhone but not sure. The second issue is with the reverse camera. When I put the car in reverse and the camera will start flickering. The strange thing about both these issues is that they only happen after the car has changed overnight. When I get in my car to go home at the end of the workday the CarPlay connects right up and the camera works flawlessly.

Could this be an issue of the MMI taking time to come out of a sleep/standby mode in the morning? Any other ideas?

TIA

Camera:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3284...7ff34c4dKrSJqf
I'm having the same problem (not connecting in the morning).

I don't *know* for sure, but my theory is that when I turn on the car my phone is still connected to my home WiFi, and so it doesn't automatically swap to the car wifi. Like you, mine works when I force a connection, which I normally do when I'm 50m or so from the house.

Annoying for sure!
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2020, 07:03 PM   #5128
Kyokushin
Private
Poland
Rep
Drives: F32 428i, E92 325Xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt118Sport View Post
Thank you.
Do I need to flash any MCU then?
If so which one?

Cheers
MCU not.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2020, 10:03 AM   #5129
reecio
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 F20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo_far View Post
reecio Estoril235

I haven't used AA but in carplay the fix is easy:
- go to settings in your favourite Nav App
- usually there's a section for navigation audio or voice
- set the volume to lowest

In Waze there's a slider volume control so unlimited adjustment

In Google maps you have three options:
Soft --> Normal --> Louder

Change these settings on your phone not in the carplay app

Quote:
Originally Posted by reecio View Post
Thanks for this, I'll give it a shot and report back

Thanks I'll check out the levels after testing turning down in the app
I did some testing with this, it seems to have done the trick! The google maps are still a little loud (even though on softer setting) but its a huge improvement. I think I will end up switching to Waze as it has more control on the volume!
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2020, 10:04 AM   #5130
reecio
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 F20

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorJump View Post

I don't *know* for sure, but my theory is that when I turn on the car my phone is still connected to my home WiFi, and so it doesn't automatically swap to the car wifi. Like you, mine works when I force a connection, which I normally do when I'm 50m or so from the house.

Annoying for sure!

I actually had a similar problem, I raised to Andream and they suggested:
Clear all the connections for the MMI unit on your iphone, go to setting on the MMI box (not in car play) and click BT Reset.
Then do the first time setup.

This worked for me.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2020, 12:16 PM   #5131
xenirox
Rep
Drives: BMW 32D Luxury 184HP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BzsBimmer View Post
Can you explain how specifically you connected in series and what unit did you have?

I have an older Bimmertech unit and I was able to see the front camera by pushing up on the iDrive knob. Would like to see if this is still doable. Currently I have to snap into reverse so it will cycle to the front camera. Annoying but trivial to not having wireless CarPlay lol.
Quadlock Reverse unit to the back of the CIC and after that the quadlock of the Andream Unit.

For the LVDS Cable: CIC to IN reverse unit, and OUT reverse unit to IN Andream, and OUT Andream to the screen.
I hope this helps!
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2020, 12:26 PM   #5132
BzsBimmer
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3 & 2019 X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenirox View Post
Quadlock Reverse unit to the back of the CIC and after that the quadlock of the Andream Unit.

For the LVDS Cable: CIC to IN reverse unit, and OUT reverse unit to IN Andream, and OUT Andream to the screen.
I hope this helps!
Interesting. Iíll give it a try... space is going to be an issue probably lol.
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2020, 12:28 PM   #5133
xenirox
Rep
Drives: BMW 32D Luxury 184HP

Quote:
Interesting. Iíll give it a try... space is going to be an issue probably lol.
Thanks
Not Realy, i've installed the under the steering wheel
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2020, 04:12 AM   #5134
t0d
Rep
Drives: F30

A few pages back I've complained of a bricked Andream unit post MCU upgrade. I ended up sending it back to the vendor and getting a replacement for a nominal fee to cover shipping costs. The replace unit appears different physically, eg the Wi-Fi connector is no longer mini BNC but similar to the video connectors but smaller. The unit also came with the latest software as can be seen in the screenshot below.
The new unit is allegedly a B and is much springier than my previous one. The connection to CarPlay is immediate unlike before where I'd have to force. All in all very pleased but would have preferred to have been sent a fresh unit in the first instance and avoided the extra expense and time wastage associated with the replacement. With that said I am now able to install the unit in under an hour even with an HK head unit so that's something to be proud of.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      10-29-2020, 07:36 AM   #5135
parmap
Rep
Drives: BMW 320D GT

hello Guys

Looking to buy one of these units from china do you have to pay any import/custom taxes when the unit reaches the UK or is it better to purchase through CZ or Spain?
The price difference is around £50 so looking at saving some funds for a rear camera
Thanks Parma
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2020, 08:57 AM   #5136
bateman1234
Rep
Drives: E90

USB charging output?

Does anyone know the exact charging output (AMPs) from the MMI's USB? Would it fast-charge my phone?

I'm curious if it's any higher that my BMW's USB port which is sooo sloooow...
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2020, 09:22 AM   #5137
t0d
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by parmap View Post
hello Guys

Looking to buy one of these units from china do you have to pay any import/custom taxes when the unit reaches the UK or is it better to purchase through CZ or Spain?
The price difference is around £50 so looking at saving some funds for a rear camera
Thanks Parma
I believe they mark it as a gift / set the value below the threshold but there's always a risk you may be hit with import tax and VAT.
Appreciate 1
parmap1.50

10-29-2020, 10:40 AM   #5138
parmap
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0d View Post
I believe they mark it as a gift / set the value below the threshold but there's always a risk you may be hit with import tax and VAT.
Hello
Thanks for your reply. Its really a case of taking a chance I suppose. Hopefully the UK guys can comment on how many had to pay additional funds to her Majesty !

Regards Parma
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2020, 11:30 AM   #5139
cerij101
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 520d F11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bateman1234 View Post
Does anyone know the exact charging output (AMPs) from the MMI's USB? Would it fast-charge my phone?

I'm curious if it's any higher that my BMW's USB port which is sooo sloooow...
It doesn't fast charge my Android phone. Slow charge.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2020, 11:34 AM   #5140
Fishie
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 32ix

Quote:
A few pages back I've complained of a bricked Andream unit post MCU upgrade. I ended up sending it back to the vendor and getting a replacement for a nominal fee to cover shipping costs. The replace unit appears different physically, eg the Wi-Fi connector is no longer mini BNC but similar to the video connectors but smaller. The unit also came with the latest software as can be seen in the screenshot below.
The new unit is allegedly a B and is much springier than my previous one. The connection to CarPlay is immediate unlike before where I'd have to force. All in all very pleased but would have preferred to have been sent a fresh unit in the first instance and avoided the extra expense and time wastage associated with the replacement. With that said I am now able to install the unit in under an hour even with an HK head unit so that's something to be proud of.
Woah, that's a new MCU version. That could be the reason why the unit is more responsive, I'll message my seller and ask for an update to see what he says.

In regard to a few posts back, I lowered my waze audio volume and its no longer blasting while in the car (its perfect). Only problem now is my call volume is slightly lower than what id like, any recommendations on what to change? Aux is set to 100% and phone volume is cranked up all the way. I can hear apple music fine, and now waze is fine, but calls are a little low.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2020, 12:52 PM   #5141
BzsBimmer
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3 & 2019 X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishie View Post
Woah, that's a new MCU version. That could be the reason why the unit is more responsive, I'll message my seller and ask for an update to see what he says.

In regard to a few posts back, I lowered my waze audio volume and its no longer blasting while in the car (its perfect). Only problem now is my call volume is slightly lower than what id like, any recommendations on what to change? Aux is set to 100% and phone volume is cranked up all the way. I can hear apple music fine, and now waze is fine, but calls are a little low.
Other than turning up the volume during the call, thatís all I can offer. Phone volume canít be changed without being on a call.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2020, 03:19 PM   #5142
Apples12
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 520D LCI auto

Quote:
Hi

Was this directly from Andream?

I'm looking to pick one up and wondering if I can justify the £60 cost difference between the cheapest one on AliExpress and the Andream one

Many thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2020, 05:00 PM   #5143
t0d
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apples12 View Post
Quote:
Hi

Was this directly from Andream?

I'm looking to pick one up and wondering if I can justify the £60 cost difference between the cheapest one on AliExpress and the Andream one

Many thanks
It was direct from Andream shipped from CZ (they ship from DE in fact). £187 or so. I paid in USD and the credit card conversion rate was favourable.
It was a spontaneous purchase and I didn't want to have to wait for weeks.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2020, 07:58 PM   #5144
MajorJump
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Quote:
Quote:

Annoying for sure!

Clear all the connections for the MMI unit on your iphone, go to setting on the MMI box (not in car play) and click BT Reset.

This worked for me.
Quote:
Quote:

Annoying for sure!

This worked for me.
Brill. Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a try!
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2020, 01:31 AM   #5145
lemonchicken
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i blue

Quote:
Other than turning up the volume during the call, thatís all I can offer. Phone volume canít be changed without being on a call.
Carlinkit firmware has a setting in their firmware that lets you change phone volume. Wish I could switch firmware but canít do that on latest andream versions.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2020, 07:29 AM   #5146
parmap
Rep

Front Grill camera BMW F34 2013 SPORT LINE

Hello guys

I'm ready to push the button on an MMI ( Carlink or Andream ) and looking to the install the unit with a front grill and rear boot/trunk handle camera.

Can anyone recommend a Front grill cam and Rear boot handle camera as there appears to be so many models that claim to fit. I'm really trying to avoid purchasing then returning to save time.

Thanks for all your help to date, learning a lot on this forum

Regards Parma
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2020, 07:39 AM   #5147
floc
Second Lieutenant
Italy
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Garage List
2017 F87 M2  [0.00]
carlinkit is the worst seller ever.

He dispatched my unit, it has been A MONTH in BRASIL customs (I'm in italy...) and then DHL returned the package to the seller, with tracking and proof of receipt.

I had to open dispute on aliexpress and then wait another month for the refund.

DON'T BUY FROM CARLINKIT DIRECT STORE
Appreciate 1
parmap1.50

11-01-2020, 08:05 AM   #5148
parmap
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by floc View Post
carlinkit is the worst seller ever.

He dispatched my unit, it has been A MONTH in BRASIL customs (I'm in italy...) and then DHL returned the package to the seller, with tracking and proof of receipt.

I had to open dispute on aliexpress and then wait another month for the refund.

DON'T BUY FROM CARLINKIT DIRECT STORE
Oh wow thanks for the update please send me a link of the seller so I can avoid them please.
Appreciate 0