F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Andream 10.25" Wireless Apple CarPlay Screen
Extreme Powerhouse

04-19-2021, 12:04 PM   #23
trumani
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i xDrive Msport

I have a rebranded version (Andream probably also rebranding it) picked up from aliexpress, but exact same menu's and firmwares.

The audio quality is something to be desired. I'm not sure if it's just inherent to utilizing the AUX port, due to whatever DAC chip the head unit has, or if it's carplay. Has anyone been able to improve the audio quality? Sometimes the bass is nonexistent and sometimes its too heavy and distorted. I've tried setting the head unit volume low/lower, and raised the bmw head unit, and vice versa, but both result in issues.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2021, 12:39 PM   #24
VeErik
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumani View Post
I have a rebranded version (Andream probably also rebranding it) picked up from aliexpress, but exact same menu's and firmwares.

The audio quality is something to be desired. I'm not sure if it's just inherent to utilizing the AUX port, due to whatever DAC chip the head unit has, or if it's carplay. Has anyone been able to improve the audio quality? Sometimes the bass is nonexistent and sometimes its too heavy and distorted. I've tried setting the head unit volume low/lower, and raised the bmw head unit, and vice versa, but both result in issues.
I had the same Issue, and I have lowered the bass

I also have some questions:
- when I hit the back button on the idrive, I get back to the main screen instead of 1 screen back inside an app. Is this the same for you?
- doe Anyone have a front camera installed? (Retrofit) if so, does it work, and how did you get it to work?
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2021, 02:21 PM   #25
VeErik
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardo.fortes View Post
Did any of you code the car to remove the split screen in iDrive ? I’m curious if the screen will support.
With bimmercode you can set it to wide screen and to the original size:
https://youtu.be/8NrPVNs2-Cc

It is not the same unit, but it worked for me in the andream 10.25" screen
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2021, 02:24 PM   #26
VeErik
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tth59 View Post
I have a F33 (BMW 420i cabriolet) and I installed the Andream and once starting to use it the original car option shows no signal. Can anyone tell me what to do?
Does the front camera need to be here?
Any solutions? I cannot get the front camera (Retrofit) to work...
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2021, 02:45 PM   #27
zDave
Rep
Drives: BMW 320

I’ve just installed one of these units and so far pretty pleased with it … once it’s connected.

It seems to me that I need to manually reconnect my phone to use wireless CarPlay every time I get back in the car. I have a iPhone 12 which should be as up to date as you like. Is there something I’m missing. CarPlay doesn’t start automatically when I get in.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2021, 11:02 AM   #28
trumani
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zDave View Post
I’ve just installed one of these units and so far pretty pleased with it … once it’s connected.

It seems to me that I need to manually reconnect my phone to use wireless CarPlay every time I get back in the car. I have a iPhone 12 which should be as up to date as you like. Is there something I’m missing. CarPlay doesn’t start automatically when I get in.
I'm having the same issue. I installed this head unit when I was on iOS 13 and it did automatically connect at the time, but it's either ever since iOS 14, or because I connected an android auto device, it doesn't automatically connect anymore.

I did notice in the factory settings, that "phone interconnecti" setting will not stick. It now always stays on android auto instead of "carlife" which is apple carplay.

Perhaps someone knows how to factory reset the units?

Last edited by trumani; 07-04-2021 at 02:13 PM.. Reason: correction
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2022, 12:32 AM   #29
arsenal6
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw 428xi

Garage List
2015 bmw 428xi  [0.00]
any thoughts on this device now that you guys have had it for a year?
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2022, 08:26 AM   #30
trumani
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenal6 View Post
any thoughts on this device now that you guys have had it for a year?
For me coming from an 8.8" screen, leaning towards no for two reasons:
- Sound quality on mine was bad (distorted bass) when using carplay. Luckily you can still use it just as a larger screen and use your OEM bluetooth mode
- I can't get carplay to automatically wirelessly connect.

I'm actually using a version bought from aliexpress so unfortunately I'm not privy to some of the firmware upgrades that andream supposedly provides. Even then, unsure if it resolves the issues above.

It's very possible the versions sold now have resolved both issues, but for me, I essentially paid for a larger screen, which for those that have the super small 6" screens, it's worth it for that alone, and if the two items I mentioned above are resolved, it becomes definite buy.

Hope this helps!
Appreciate 0