F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Nickco43's "I will not spend $10,000 on retrofits again" Build Log
Extreme Powerhouse

04-30-2021, 10:31 AM   #45
Nickco43
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 BMW M3

Garage List
2008 BMW  [0.00]

Last night I made my NBT Evo quadlock harness and botted up the evo in the car for the first time.

I am super happy with how the quadlock turned out as it looks like it was professionally made. Instead of using the china activators I splurged and order a carsystems one as I want to refrain from putting Chinese junk in my car. I am hoping I can have the evo fully installed by the end of the weekend.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2021, 02:24 AM   #46
TheShadow
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i M sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickco43 View Post
The evo will cost about $100 to put into my F30 from my F10 so that is a no brainer.

I am $380 into the acc retrofit so fair and hope I can complete it for under $1000. I already had a acc ICM and acc sensor. I just need 4 wheel speed sensors, brackets trim and buttons.

I am hoping I move to a free insurance windshield state and I will be able to get a free kafas windshield. Everything else is about $300.

6WB is a straight $1000 hit (This will be purchased later on).

Minus the 6WB, I will be in these projects for about $1500. I feel like that is worth it for oem apple carplay, adaptive cruise, driving assistant, speed limit info, pedestrian warning, forward collision warning, auto high beams and lane keep.

But I agree I am going on a slippery slope. I am $17k into this car so far and after all of these projects are done I am going to be pushing 19k.

Tonight I got excited and installed the ACC DSC pump. Everything works so I am supper pumped. On my F10 I bought a acc pump from eastern europe for a stupid amount of money and it was seized. This pump also came from eastern europe and it came in three days.

I see the CarPlay working in your last post, so it’s clearly at minimum a first generation 2Gb iDrive 4 NBT EVO. But realoem doesn’t show the F10 ever had NBT EVOs, only NBT. So what 2016 F10 model did this come out of?

Also, after all the work getting Connected Drive working, you are aware that the F30 TCB is not compatible with the NBT EVO unit?
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2021, 06:16 AM   #47
AMG KLR
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
I see the CarPlay working in your last post, so it’s clearly at minimum a first generation 2Gb iDrive 4 NBT EVO. But realoem doesn’t show the F10 ever had NBT EVOs, only NBT. So what 2016 F10 model did this come out of?

Also, after all the work getting Connected Drive working, you are aware that the F30 TCB is not compatible with the NBT EVO unit?
Judging from his previous posts in the thread, I am positive this gentleman knows exactly what he is doing
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2021, 11:53 PM   #48
Nickco43
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW  [0.00]
Today was a long day but I got a lot done.

I made a DIY video on how to replace the Mickey Mouse flange on the F30 and I also replaced the coolant expansion tank hose that is prone to cracking. My Mickey Mouse flange cracked in 1/2 while removing do I am glad I replaced it.

I also decided I wanted to start installing my evo today and got it 95% done. Once I get a few more connectors tomorrow I can finish installing my ATM and wrap everything up.

Last edited by Nickco43; 01-21-2024 at 06:43 PM..
Appreciate 1
triax37130.00
      05-03-2021, 10:37 PM   #49
Nickco43
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW  [0.00]
Today I finished fitting my NBT Evo + ATM and USB C port. A lot of work but supper happy how it turned out. None of the factory wiring was modified and everything can be reverted back to stock if needed. BMW Online, Assist and even the remote locks are working but once the car goes to sleep the remote lock stops working. I also noticed the fuel level does not show up on the app as well. My 4G combox remote lock worked all the time.

I am going to make a diy video which will be out soon.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2021, 08:15 PM   #50
Nickco43
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW  [0.00]
Everything is working great after having it installed for a few weeks.

Today I started fitting the wheel speed sensors for my ACC retrofit. Rock Auto said these ATE sensors fit my car buy they are actually one part number off. I had to purchase all new sensors off eBay and hopefully they will be here next week.

I also took the time to lube up my squeaking front brake pads and re fit my charge pipe. I was getting random drivetrain malfunctions every 500 miles or so and I think my cheapo VSRF chargpipe is leaking somewhere. There was also a bunch of oil in the chargepipe that leaked on the outside of the cold side of the intercooler. I think I need to replace my valve cover for PCV issues soon. I am not looking forward to dropping $500 on a valve cover so instead I think I might buy that MPPK that has been on eBay for a long time.

Appreciate 1
rlesko232.50
      05-13-2021, 11:48 PM   #51
BuiltS85
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E60

Quote:
I made my evo diy video:

Today I started fitting the wheel speed sensors for my ACC retrofit. Rock Auto said these ATE sensors fit my car buy they are actually one part number off. I had to purchase all new sensors off eBay and hopefully they will be here next week.

I also took the time to lube up my squeaking front brake pads and re fit my charge pipe. I was getting random drivetrain malfunctions every 500 miles or so and I think my cheapo VSRF chargpipe is leaking somewhere. There was also a bunch of oil in the chargepipe that leaked on the outside of the cold side of the intercooler. I think I need to replace my valve cover for PCV issues soon. I am not looking forward to dropping $500 on a valve cover so instead I think I might buy that MPPK that has been on eBay for a long time.
Congrats on the new car it looks great! Your diy threads are very detailed and full of information. How can I get in contact with you for coding?
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2021, 11:00 AM   #52
Nickco43
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW  [0.00]
I installed full DIY my new old stock MPPK kit.

The car is a riot to drive now and I am super happy with it. I flashed the FSC and DME myself and made a video about it if anyone wants to do this:

Appreciate 1
      06-03-2021, 07:13 PM   #53
nombawon
Rep
Drives: z3, 650i

hello nick

Quote:

The car is a riot to drive now and I am super happy with it. I flashed the FSC and DME myself and made a video about it if anyone wants to do this:

great job. i replied your message on pm. thank you.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2024, 06:38 PM   #54
rlesko
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

Garage List
2012 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
I made my evo diy video:

Not sure you browse these forums much anymore, but I wanted to say thanks for the Evo retrofit video, I wouldn't have been able to do it without such a great resource to reference.

Quote:

WRT "old new stock" MPPK I actually bought one of these off eBay and brought it to a BMW Dealer to install. They took my car and after having tons of trouble over a couple of days they told me that the kits are not able to be used on a different car as the FSCs which are in the activation portal are tied to the VIN at the time of purchase. In your video it looked like the car wasn't totally happy after you did the installation. How did you resolve it?
Appreciate 0