F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Replica Bumper Help
GetBMWParts

05-23-2021, 11:10 AM   #1
bigshooter
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 328d xDrive

Replica Bumper Help

I've posted and posted and searched junkyards and eBay, and cannot find a rear black sapphire bumper anywhere. I am throwing in the towel and will buy replica new and paint.

1 - anyone have a reputable eBay seller for the M tech rear bumper? Not M3 style, m tech rear bumper

2 - for the front M3 style bumper, are there any other reputable sellers besides ikonmotorsports? Selma is gone and I can't find goodgo anywhere. Not m tech or m sport, M3 style front.

Kies is a little pricy but you know it will fit. I see a few rear bumper covers on eBay for $180-$250. Cover only. No hardware.

Was thinking of going ikon for the front but don't know who to buy the rear from... already have the side skirts in OEM front junkyard.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2021, 12:39 PM   #2
bigshooter
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigshooter View Post
I've posted and posted and searched junkyards and eBay, and cannot find a rear black sapphire bumper anywhere. I am throwing in the towel and will buy replica new and paint.

1 - anyone have a reputable eBay seller for the M tech rear bumper? Not M3 style, m tech rear bumper

2 - for the front M3 style bumper, are there any other reputable sellers besides ikonmotorsports? Selma is gone and I can't find goodgo anywhere. Not m tech or m sport, M3 style front.

Kies is a little pricy but you know it will fit. I see a few rear bumper covers on eBay for $180-$250. Cover only. No hardware.

Was thinking of going ikon for the front but don't know who to buy the rear from... already have the side skirts in OEM front junkyard.
Has anyone bought this rear bumper cover? I messaged the seller and he said it's made in Taiwan. I assume this will fit well since it's the one from Taiwan. Curious if anyone has any experience?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-REAR-BU....m46890.l49286
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2021, 07:38 AM   #3
bigshooter
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Has anyone bought this rear bumper cover? I messaged the seller and he said it's made in Taiwan. I assume this will fit well since it's the one from Taiwan. Curious if anyone has any experience?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-REAR-BU....m46890.l49286
Well I guess I will reply to myself again. It doesn't seem like I get any replies to questions that I ask. tdiclub was much more active...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/352562430798

I ordered this bumper yesterday. Wondering if anyone has bought this one before? I will do a test fit before painting. Fingers crossed.

Ikonmotorsports is sold out of front bumpers. I can't find a Taiwan bumper with pdc anywhere. All I can find is the penson brand that's on Amazon and eBay. There are also some others on eBay but I'm hesitant to buy. Amazon customer images seem like the fit is 90-95%. It doesn't look perfect in my eyes.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2021, 08:07 AM   #4
435gc
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i Gran Coupe xdrive

This forum is very active.

I think in this case not many people have used the brands you are asking about.

If it were me I would not cheap out on something like a large piece of body work. It can be too obvious that its a poor facsimile. Then you end up being that guy driving around in the janky bmw who everyone, even the guy in the Corolla, laughs at.

I would look at Kies and XPH for aftermarket. Maybe ECS as well.

Carparts.com may have what you need if looking for more oem.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2021, 02:20 PM   #5
jared21927
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 550i

GoodGo is the main brand for aftermarket bumpers for the F30. They are made in Taiwan. I don't know any other brands, but I assume that's what most of them are that you will find. Just buy from a reputable seller and you should be fine. I went with European Society Motorsports for my msport bumper. Good quality and affordable.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2021, 11:40 PM   #6
bigshooter
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jared21927 View Post
GoodGo is the main brand for aftermarket bumpers for the F30. They are made in Taiwan. I don't know any other brands, but I assume that's what most of them are that you will find. Just buy from a reputable seller and you should be fine. I went with European Society Motorsports for my msport bumper. Good quality and affordable.
I'm aware. Having trouble finding an M3 rep anywhere. Kies and ikon are sold out. Ikon has no date for when it will be back in stock.

I did find one local though and am supposed to pick it up Saturday morning. Hopefully this doesn't fall through. Mod bargains has it in stock but shipping is pretty expensive.

I wasn't able to find a goodgo rear bumper anywhere. Does goodgo make a rear?
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2021, 02:14 PM   #7
jared21927
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 550i

Quote:
I'm aware. Having trouble finding an M3 rep anywhere. Kies and ikon are sold out. Ikon has no date for when it will be back in stock.

I did find one local though and am supposed to pick it up Saturday morning. Hopefully this doesn't fall through. Mod bargains has it in stock but shipping is pretty expensive.

Oh i'm sure they do. Inventory for is all screwed up right now because of Covid. Low production of new cars means low production of aftermarket car parts. It all flows together, unfortunately. Keep at it.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2021, 01:26 PM   #8
John in VA
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 228i M Sport

Quote:
Well I guess I will reply to myself again. It doesn't seem like I get any replies to questions that I ask. tdiclub was much more active...
Perhaps asking in the cosmetic mods section would get more replies. Good luck! https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/fo...play.php?f=430
2015 BMW 228i in EstorilBlau II Metallic / Terra Dakota Leather - 6-speed manual, M Sport Package, Cold Weather Package, Lighting Package, Premium Package, Harman Kardon premium sound, Anti-theft alarm system, Blue Metallic Matt Accent Moldings, Aluminum Hexagon Interior Strips, Anthracite Headlining
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2021, 01:51 PM   #9
bigshooter
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Oh i'm sure they do. Inventory for is all screwed up right now because of Covid. Low production of new cars means low production of aftermarket car parts. It all flows together, unfortunately. Keep at it.
Ended up picking up a Goodgo front bumper this morning! Seller listed it for $450 including shipping on eBay. I reached out and he was willing to me meet me halfway for local pickup for $250. It is brand new, still in plastic bag. It's non PDC so will have to get a punch or drill out the holes. So I just need to get fog lights and a front lip now.

Can anyone recommend a fairly priced 1 piece front lip for the goodgo M3 bumper? I'm looking for a CS style or a V style. I don't like the ones that are fully round. Prefer the winglet look. I'm finding lips but they are for the F80 or are 3 piece.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fits-15-20-....m46890.l49286

I took a risk and bought a $140 m sport rear bumper off eBay. Going to test fit it when it comes in. Will check back in on that one. Figured it would be a steal or I would return it.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2021, 03:37 PM   #10
bigshooter
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Well I got the $140 eBay rear m sport bumper in and it turned out to be a GoodGo bumper! Haven't test fit it yet, but so far quality looks fantastic. I'm thoroughly impressed. It was half the price of every other one, the brand I was looking for, and appears flawless. Came with pdc brackets as well with painting instructions stating that the primer is solvent based and should be sanded off.

Was hoping it would be ready to paint but regardless I'm very happy. Looks to be OEM quality similar to the GoodGo front bumper.

Here are some unboxing pics.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
rcaso26331.00
      06-01-2021, 04:58 PM   #11
BimR
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 328

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Well I got the $140 eBay rear m sport bumper in and it turned out to be a GoodGo bumper! Haven't test fit it yet, but so far quality looks fantastic. I'm thoroughly impressed. It was half the price of every other one, the brand I was looking for, and appears flawless. Came with pdc brackets as well with painting instructions stating that the primer is solvent based and should be sanded off.

Was hoping it would be ready to paint but regardless I'm very happy. Looks to be OEM quality similar to the GoodGo front bumper.

Here are some unboxing pics.
Cool! It's like Christmas for us guys when ebay shows up with goodies 😁
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2021, 03:06 PM   #12
bigshooter
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Any one know why my M3 style bumper has these "brackets" in the air ducts? I would think for fog lights but every bumper I've seen that is for fog lights, they look like removable brackets. This is part of the mold. Looks like one was cut.

If I were to cut this piece out, I think it would look like the images I see online.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-12-2021, 11:08 PM   #13
bigshooter
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Any one know why my M3 style bumper has these "brackets" in the air ducts? I would think for fog lights but every bumper I've seen that is for fog lights, they look like removable brackets. This is part of the mold. Looks like one was cut.

If I were to cut this piece out, I think it would look like the images I see online.
The area where the bracket I was asking about is circled in blue, the thin inner part of the adapter of sorts looks to have been sawed off which is that tiny "cross member strap" I circled in grey.

Why I'm asking this, I haven't seen that piece of the bumper in any pictures I've seen while shopping around. Never noticed it until I looked at the primed bumper and noticed the holes were not clean cut. The edges were crispy but it looks like fog lights adapter/mounting bracket. I had assumed fog lights were mounted by an external bracket, not one integrated with the bumper. Shopping around, I would see with and without fog light options but always just assumed that it meant it came with brackets for fog lights.

So, I assume the piece that I'm missing (circled in grey), should not have been cutoff? But how important is that missing part of the bracket? I can plastic weld one back on easily. That area will be behind that grille
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-12-2021, 11:09 PM   #14
bigshooter
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

The area where the bracket I was asking about is circled in blue, the thin inner part of the adapter of sorts looks to have been sawed off which is that tiny "cross member strap" I circled in grey.

Why I'm asking this, I haven't seen that piece of the bumper in any pictures I've seen while shopping around. Never noticed it until I looked at the primed bumper and noticed the holes were not clean cut. The edges were crispy but it looks like fog lights adapter/mounting bracket. I had assumed fog lights were mounted by an external bracket, not one integrated with the bumper. Shopping around, I would see with and without fog light options but always just assumed that it meant it came with brackets for fog lights.

So, I assume the piece that I'm missing (circled in grey), should not have been cutoff? But how important is that missing part of the bracket? I can plastic weld one back on easily. That area will be behind that grille
Bumper came with regular (non-fog light) grilles by the way.)
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2021, 12:11 PM   #15
bigshooter
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Bumper came with regular (non-fog light) grilles by the way.)
Here's some more pics. The front fits perfectly. Dropping off to be painted on Monday. Before I do, I need some input on the cut part…. Maybe I just have to do a fog light delete…

Haven't gotten any replies yet, so also a bump.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
rcaso26331.00
      06-13-2021, 03:25 PM   #16
Kailec
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i xDrive

Garage List
Yes that's meant for the fog lights. I can't say I've ever looked too closely when I had the bumper on whether or not it's detachable, but yes those look cut. Should be able to cut it off if you don't like it and you don't plan on having fog lights. Or you could just leave them be since it won't even be visible behind the grills after anyways. Just make sure if you go that route that the shop doesn't paint those pieces as it'll be very obvious. In my case they painted the brackets my body colour, mineral white, and it was very obvious, whether or not I had the fog lights in.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2021, 09:22 PM   #17
bigshooter
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kailec View Post
Yes that's meant for the fog lights. I can't say I've ever looked too closely when I had the bumper on whether or not it's detachable, but yes those look cut. Should be able to cut it off if you don't like it and you don't plan on having fog lights. Or you could just leave them be since it won't even be visible behind the grills after anyways. Just make sure if you go that route that the shop doesn't paint those pieces as it'll be very obvious. In my case they painted the brackets my body colour, mineral white, and it was very obvious, whether or not I had the fog lights in.
Thank you for the reply. Haven't got much traction on anything I've posted… If I weren't to cut out the rest and went with fog lights, is that cut out piece of plastic critical? Wonder if the fog lights are stable enough without it.

Good thing is that my car is black sapphire metallic so even if they paint the bracket, it would let make much of a difference.

I'm going back and forth on fog lights. Originally I was planning on them but do think it looks better without them. The base headlights are so bad the fog lights have come in handy driving at night in the rain and fog. Maybe I just upgrade my headlights and delete the fogs…
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2021, 09:35 PM   #18
bigshooter
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Pics of the $142 m sport rear bumper from eBay being test fit. Both the front and rear fit perfectly. Both were GoodGo brand. I'm aware of the solvent based primer and peeling.

Total cost for front and rear bumpers was $392. 2 body shops quotes $750 to paint both. Not installed. One of those is the shop which the local dealership uses. Another body shop quoted $500. Felt to good to be true. Would rather pay more knowing I'll get good paint job.

Still need:
- the M sport plastic wire harness/ heat shield thing for behind the rear bumper
- rear diffuser
- LED fog lights
- front lip for M3 replica bumper which is incredibly hard to find
- side skirt extensions

Very easy job removing / installing both bumpers. Hardest part was keeping headlight washer fluid from spilling everywhere after disconnecting the line.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-13-2021, 10:19 PM   #19
BimR
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 328

Quote:
Pics of the $142 m sport rear bumper from eBay being test fit. Both the front and rear fit perfectly. Both were GoodGo brand. I'm aware of the solvent based primer and peeling.

Total cost for front and rear bumpers was $392. 2 body shops quotes $750 to paint both. Not installed. One of those is the shop which the local dealership uses. Another body shop quoted $500. Felt to good to be true. Would rather pay more knowing I'll get good paint job.

Still need:
- the M sport plastic wire harness/ heat shield thing for behind the rear bumper
- rear diffuser
- LED fog lights
- front lip for M3 replica bumper which is incredibly hard to find
- side skirt extensions

Very easy job removing / installing both bumpers. Hardest part was keeping headlight washer fluid from spilling everywhere after disconnecting the line.
Looks good! As for fog lights, I like them so that's my bias to keep them. You could always smoke them if you don't like the look.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2021, 10:29 PM   #20
Kailec
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Thank you for the reply. Haven't got much traction on anything I've posted… If I weren't to cut out the rest and went with fog lights, is that cut out piece of plastic critical? Wonder if the fog lights are stable enough without it.

Good thing is that my car is black sapphire metallic so even if they paint the bracket, it would let make much of a difference.

I'm going back and forth on fog lights. Originally I was planning on them but do think it looks better without them. The base headlights are so bad the fog lights have come in handy driving at night in the rain and fog. Maybe I just upgrade my headlights and delete the fogs…
They will not stay in place without the brackets, don't even try. Does your car come with fog lights? Why did you get the fog delete version if you planned on installing fog lights? I don't recommend you smoke your fog lights, if you do that they become useless. I've done the M3 rep bumper and my car came with fog lights. I did both with and without. Without looks better 100%, but in my area there is fog sometimes and not having them could be a bit dicey. I'm now on the m sport bumper and have put the fogs back on.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2021, 10:05 AM   #21
bigshooter
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kailec View Post
Quote:

They will not stay in place without the brackets, don't even try. Does your car come with fog lights? Why did you get the fog delete version if you planned on installing fog lights? I don't recommend you smoke your fog lights, if you do that they become useless. I've done the M3 rep bumper and my car came with fog lights. I did both with and without. Without looks better 100%, but in my area there is fog sometimes and not having them could be a bit dicey. I'm now on the m sport bumper and have put the fogs back on.
I bought my front bumper locally (M3 style) without pdc (drilling the holes myself) and sort of with fog lights. It was local on eBay and $250. Brand new but touched.

The original owner must have tried to cut part of the fog bracket. It was advertised as non fog light, but when I got it, I saw that it was a fog light bumper however someone cut a piece of the bracket off. Most (2/3+) of the fog light bracket is there. Not sure if you looked at the pictures…. It's missing the inner most part of the thin vertical bracket. The thin vertical strap/piece of plastic. I can PP weld one back on but not sure if it's absolutely necessary. That's what I'm asking.

Option 1 - remove the rest of the fog light bracket moulded to bumper

Option 2 - repair by plastic welding in the piece of polypropylene that was removed
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2021, 10:46 AM   #22
AMG KLR
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i GC

GoodGo is great, finding people that specify that what you are buying them is a little tricky sometimes
Appreciate 0