F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Android 11 / 12 /13 HU discussion
Extreme Powerhouse

02-01-2024, 12:17 PM   #2377
conandrum
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X6 E71

BTW, with ADB on A13 KSW I can modify USB audio volume like this:
adb shell service call audio 11 i32 3 i32 10 i32 1

11 is the setStreamVolume method
3 is the streamType (STREAM_TYPE_MUSIC = STREAM_TYPE_DEFAULT = 3)
10 is the volume (0 - 15)
1 is just a flag so leave as is
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2024, 12:29 PM   #2378
Shamanix
Second Lieutenant
Russia
Rep
Drives: X6M E71, E63 645Ci, F01 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by conandrum View Post
Good catch Shamanix. That's exactly the issue I am facing..
Previously recommended reading
https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...postcount=2319

Don't lose sight of the problem.
Everything works for me with any launcher

HU does not receive a response from the DAC and switches the signal to AUX.

This is clearly indicated in the values. No response from DAC. Not only in terms of time.

There are a lot of options for how this can be caused.
One of your phones wasn't working either.

I've been skimming the Cyrus forums.
Previously, they had been silent about the limited compatibility with phones.
Some phones work, and some don't.

Take my word for it, HU firmware versions have nothing to do with it

Last edited by Shamanix; 02-01-2024 at 12:52 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2024, 02:16 PM   #2379
conandrum
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamanix View Post
Reading...

Quote:
One of your phones wasn't working either.
The Note 8 does not support USB digital audio. It has only analogue audio. USB digital audio started from Android 8+.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kri View Post
[*]FiiO K3 (E30) , only working in USB 1.0 Mode, at USB 2.0 Mode Compatibility issue in combination when Using Carlink Autokit adaptor -> freezes.
Quote:
How do you explain Kri testing the FiiO K3 in USB 1.0 mode and still complaining ("BT Handsfree App Audio output does NOT work on USB Soundcard")?
Do you have some idea on this?

Quote:
This is clearly indicated in the values. No response from DAC. Not only in terms of time.
Which values? Can you post here your findings?

Last edited by conandrum; 02-01-2024 at 02:30 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2024, 02:42 PM   #2380
Shamanix
Second Lieutenant
Russia
Rep

Quote:

Do you have some idea on this?
Possibly outdated information. The tests were conducted on SD625 bt 4.0

Quote:
Which values? Can you post here your findings?
https://developer.android.com/refere...udioAttributes
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2024, 04:00 PM   #2381
conandrum
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Did you see something in the files I posted? If you did see 'HU does not receive a response from the DAC and switches the signal to AUX.', where did you see this, which line?

'This is clearly indicated in the values. No response from DAC. Not only in terms of time.'.. where did you see No response from DAC? which line?

'...in terms of time.'? what do you mean?

If you can help... then help please. That's why I am posting.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2024, 07:03 PM   #2382
TheLonghornLife
Rep
Drives: Audi SQ5

Hey guys, I have a quick question. I have a 12.3in Snapdragon 662 8/128 unit running A13 1.4.4.

When I put my vehicle in reverse, my reverse camera comes up as expected. However, when shifting to drive (or back to park) I get a black screen with a "No Signal" message.

If i shift back to reverse, the backup camera comes up, and if i press my car's physical "back" button while still in reverse, the android screen comes up. It seems like my unit isn't automatically kicking back to android after I shift out of reverse.

Everything else operates as expected with no noticeable issues.

Any ideas?
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2024, 12:39 AM   #2383
Shamanix
Second Lieutenant
Russia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLonghornLife View Post
Hey guys, I have a quick question. I have a 12.3in Snapdragon 662 8/128 unit running A13 1.4.4.

When I put my vehicle in reverse, my reverse camera comes up as expected. However, when shifting to drive (or back to park) I get a black screen with a "No Signal" message.

If i shift back to reverse, the backup camera comes up, and if i press my car's physical "back" button while still in reverse, the android screen comes up. It seems like my unit isn't automatically kicking back to android after I shift out of reverse.

Everything else operates as expected with no noticeable issues.

Any ideas?
In the settings, which is the default camera?
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2024, 12:57 AM   #2384
Shamanix
Second Lieutenant
Russia
Rep

Quote:
Did you see something in the files I posted? If you did see 'HU does not receive a response from the DAC and switches the signal to AUX.', where did you see this, which line?

'This is clearly indicated in the values. No response from DAC. Not only in terms of time.'.. where did you see No response from DAC? which line?

'...in terms of time.'? what do you mean?

If you can help... then help please. That's why I am posting.
Read the last sentence of the first paragraph.
https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...postcount=2375

I don't teach programming courses. You can easily view the description of the values at the link
Time intervals are the waiting time for the device to respond. Sometimes the interval is increased. That's the end of it. Buy a compatible DAC. Or send your HU to Cyrus. And ask them to write drivers for the Sound key. The Chinese will not edit the software because our HU is not designed to work with USB-DAC, which in principle they answered you

Last edited by Shamanix; 02-02-2024 at 02:08 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2024, 06:46 AM   #2385
TheLonghornLife
Rep

Quote:
In the settings, which is the default camera?
OEM camera is selected. And the camera image displays properly when in reverse, so it doesn't seem to be a camera issue.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2024, 06:58 AM   #2386
Shamanix
Second Lieutenant
Russia
Rep

Quote:
OEM camera is selected. And the camera image displays properly when in reverse, so it doesn't seem to be a camera issue.
If there are problems when switching OEM/Android only when using the gearbox then ....

1. Fill in the configuration file again. Restore the settings.

Check the functionality.

2. 2. Re-fill the same version of the MCU or another one
Check the functionality.

3. Reset the HU to the factory
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2024, 09:59 AM   #2387
conandrum
Second Lieutenant
Rep

The FiiO Q3 is coming next week so I will update you if it works.
I also ordered this ONE Little Bear & Douk Audio MC5-Pro, mini active amplifier/mixer to test, in case the Q3 does not work...
...ie. amplify HU audio out and mix it with DAC out before going to OEM AUX-IN.
This is because I have RSE and the HU outputs to AUX-REAR. As I said before, I could take my DAC output into my AUX-REAR, but that means that every time I get in the car I have to switch on the rear DVD player to activate the rear AUX-IN inputs.
Another solution would be to change encoding and assign AUX to my CCC (instead of AUX-REAR). This means that rear users of the RSE will be restricted to using headphones.
If Q3 works no change needs to be made since all audio will go into AUX-IN (and none into AUX-REAR) - so no need to mix DAC output with HU AUX output (ie. voice calls & DTV).

Fingers crossed!

Quote:
I don't teach programming courses. You can easily view the description of the values at the link
I have viewed the link you sent me: https://developer.android.com/refere...udioAttributes

I am not in your thoughts to know the correlation you have made in your mind.
It is not helping me and it is not helping anyone.
Which one of my files/lines are you referring to showing this timeout you have spoken about?

Last edited by conandrum; 02-02-2024 at 02:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2024, 09:37 PM   #2388
TheLonghornLife
Rep

Quote:
If there are problems when switching OEM/Android only when using the gearbox then ....

1. Fill in the configuration file again. Restore the settings.

Check the functionality.

2. 2. Re-fill the same version of the MCU or another one
Check the functionality.

3. Reset the HU to the factory

ended up being the gearbox type selection. For some reason changing it to Type 2 and then back to Type 1 fixed the issue.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2024, 06:21 AM   #2389
Mr_Dave
Registered
Rep
Drives: F11 535d, MX5 NC, 1M Cupra R

Trying to track down an issue with my Android unit not holding time at the minute. After the car's gone to sleep, the unit will come back up and start at 03:30AM - I took everything out last night and everything's connected apart from one lead that comes off the main power loom in the unit.

It's a lead with 2 wires, white and white+black, terminated with a smallish 2 pin plug. I've seen it on a bunch of install videos on F1x/2x/3x but nobody ever says what it is or where it goes.

I'm not sure what it's for, not detailed in any documentation with the unit. At the time I sort of assumed it was a tap into the CAN system or something. But given the Android unit resets the time (maybe other stuff - don't know) I wonder if related.

It's only really an annoyance for 2 reasons - 1, that I see it before CarPlay starts .. and 2, that I can't use the time-based night mode.

Asking others they don't seem to have the problem but I don't think any I've asked installed themselves. Does anyone have an idea, please?
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2024, 08:08 AM   #2390
TheLonghornLife
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Dave View Post
Trying to track down an issue with my Android unit not holding time at the minute. After the car's gone to sleep, the unit will come back up and start at 03:30AM - I took everything out last night and everything's connected apart from one lead that comes off the main power loom in the unit.

It's a lead with 2 wires, white and white+black, terminated with a smallish 2 pin plug. I've seen it on a bunch of install videos on F1x/2x/3x but nobody ever says what it is or where it goes.

I'm not sure what it's for, not detailed in any documentation with the unit. At the time I sort of assumed it was a tap into the CAN system or something. But given the Android unit resets the time (maybe other stuff - don't know) I wonder if related.

It's only really an annoyance for 2 reasons - 1, that I see it before CarPlay starts .. and 2, that I can't use the time-based night mode.

Asking others they don't seem to have the problem but I don't think any I've asked installed themselves. Does anyone have an idea, please?

I am also experiencing a similar issue, although once I pointed the unit's time setting to grab the time from the car, instead of android, the time portion remained correct. However, unless i connect to my phone's hotspot, the date is incorrect.

Shows September 2, 2022. Even if I adjust the time manually and set it to not auto update the date does not remain correct.

Any ideas?

2nd question I have currently - is there a sleep standby setting? It seems like my unit is going through a cold boot every time. Assuming battery drain isn't too prevalent, I'd like to find a way to put it to sleep for 1-2 days before the unit fully powers down.

Seems like a lot of the cheaper android head units have a version of this feature, but I haven't come across anything in my searching for Android 13.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2024, 09:28 AM   #2391
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: E63 645Ci

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
2nd question I have currently - is there a sleep standby setting? It seems like my unit is going through a cold boot every time. Assuming battery drain isn't too prevalent, I'd like to find a way to put it to sleep for 1-2 days before the unit fully powers down.

Seems like a lot of the cheaper android head units have a version of this feature, but I haven't come across anything in my searching for Android 13.
This is not possible on KSW units. Perhaps others support that feature, KSW do not.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2024, 02:03 PM   #2392
Shamanix
Second Lieutenant
Russia
Rep

Quote:
Any ideas?
Sometimes they forget to set up the regional affiliation in the Android system settings
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2024, 03:46 PM   #2393
TheLonghornLife
Rep

Quote:
Sometimes they forget to set up the regional affiliation in the Android system settings
Wouldn't that be more likely to affect the time, not the date? The time is always correct upon reboot, it is only the date that is not correct.

The odd part is that on the OEM system has the correct time AND date. It seems to be pulling the correct time from OEM but not the date.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2024, 10:54 PM   #2394
Shamanix
Second Lieutenant
Russia
Rep

Quote:
Wouldn't that be more likely to affect the time, not the date? The time is always correct upon reboot, it is only the date that is not correct.

The odd part is that on the OEM system has the correct time AND date. It seems to be pulling the correct time from OEM but not the date.
as sometimes such an effect is called a system glitch. It is treated by resetting the system. You are dealing with Chinese folk art made on knees.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2024, 03:17 AM   #2395
Mr_Dave
Registered
Rep
Drives: F11 535d, MX5 NC, 1M Cupra R

Quote:
I am also experiencing a similar issue, although once I pointed the unit's time setting to grab the time from the car, instead of android, the time portion remained correct. However, unless i connect to my phone's hotspot, the date is incorrect.
Out of interest, where's that? I'm on an Android 12 unit..

Feeling like I should maybe update though I don't want to..

--EDIT--
Never mind, an update actually added this feature..

Last edited by Mr_Dave; 02-07-2024 at 09:10 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2024, 04:19 AM   #2396
Diogo_23
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E87 (116i)

Hi!

I have a BMW E87 116i (2005), no OEM screen. I'm looking for a Android head unit, which snapdragon do you reccomend? 662 or 680?

What is the General opinion? Stick with the well known 662 or the New 680 are worth the investment? ��
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2024, 08:29 PM   #2397
conandrum
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Read the last sentence of the first paragraph.
https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...postcount=2375

Time intervals are the waiting time for the device to respond. Sometimes the interval is increased. That's the end of it. Buy a compatible DAC. Or send your HU to Cyrus. And ask them to write drivers for the Sound key. The Chinese will not edit the software because our HU is not designed to work with USB-DAC, which in principle they answered you
Hi Shamanix.
The FiiO Q3 has arrived this afternoon and have been testing it for 6 hours.
Guess what? It does exactly what the Cyrus Soundkey does!

You get 2 modes with the Q3. Their default max settings and UAC 1.0.
UAC1.0 is engaged by pressing the 'Gain' button while connecting the USB cable. I tried both ways.

The Q3 works exactly like the Soundkey. ie. BT voice calls and DTV audio are NOT routed to the DAC!

Testing was done with:
Device: Bengal for arm64 (SD662)
Firmware: Ksw-T-M600_OS_v1.4.8-ota.zip
BT app: 1.0.22_240109_feasy
MCU: 6150A0eALS-C&C-KTL-DC-230107G (makes no difference)
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-10-2024, 09:12 AM   #2398
Shamanix
Second Lieutenant
Russia
Rep

Quote:
Hi Shamanix.
The FiiO Q3 has arrived this afternoon and have been testing it for 6 hours.
Guess what? It does exactly what the Cyrus Soundkey does!
What can I say. I can send you a video where exactly calls via BT and DAC work without problems for me. And I hope you understand that connecting the HU to the OEM does not play a role here. Try the iPhone. But I doubt it will help
Appreciate 0