F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Done speeding 82mph in 50mph just outside Bham
GetBMWParts

12-02-2018, 06:14 AM   #89
Vroombimmer
Private
Rep
Drives: 435d Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by F82Dude View Post
Very much depends on whether it will be dealt with without being summonsed (i.e. appear in court). You will be asked to complete a means form in/before a court appearance. Likewise if you are dealt with out of court. The Police currently prosecute these cases, so works within their timescales... It's likely to be in the next few weeks.

Cheers F82. Thanks for the info
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2018, 07:14 AM   #90
t5pilot
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 CP & S1000 XR

Vroombimmer , Once the forms are sent back (ie. the driver is named), the criteria for disposal is looked at.

I'm sorry, but there is zero chance it will be dealt with by offer of conditional fixed penalty. This option is only available if the offence involves a speed of below 26mph over the limit.

Anything over that, it will be court summons. That is guaranteed unfortunately... So it will be dealt with by a court. Depending on the severity of the alleged infringement will determine whether the court will allow a guilty plea by letter (meaning that although heard in open court sitting, your wife doesn't have to actually attend the hearing).

In more severe cases, the court won't offer this option & attendance in person will be necessary.

This will be communicated in writing in the initial paperwork you receive after the driver is disclosed.

I don't know the courts individual criteria for this. From my experience, within my area, I believe it unlikely an option of postal guilty plea will be offered. But do keep your fingers crossed, you never know.
      12-02-2018, 10:22 AM   #91
Tom Tallon
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 335 XDRIVE

VB like some others I have a great deal of sympathy for you both - which is no consolation of course. Not sure if others have prepared you for the full impact of the mishap but I know from experience your next insurance quote may be" slightly" more than you're paying now!!! So lets get all the bad news out of the way for you.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2018, 11:03 AM   #92
Vroombimmer
Private
Rep

Yeh I know a kick in the teeth, I pay a little more than £400 for my 435d GC in innercity Bham. My wife's will run into the thousands I'm sure. Will consider getting rid of her diesel Audi and get something with a very small petrol engine
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2018, 11:44 AM   #93
jav_ski
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 335d xDrive M Sport Saloon

Just got my penalty back for a 56 in a 30
Was dealt with in my absence in a magistrates court got hit for a 260 quid fine and six points
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2018, 12:40 PM   #94
Vroombimmer
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jav_ski View Post
Was dealt with in my absence in a magistrates court got hit for a 260 quid fine and six points
I think you've done alright there buddy. That's some speed in a 30... puts you at nearly 87% above the limit. Even though my wife was going some 64% above the limit I have a sinking feeling and I doubt it will be dealt with in the same manner as yours
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2018, 04:13 PM   #95
jav_ski
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 335d xDrive M Sport Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroombimmer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jav_ski View Post
I think you've done alright there buddy. That's some speed in a 30... puts you at nearly 87% above the limit. Even though my wife was going some 64% above the limit I have a sinking feeling and I doubt it will be dealt with in the same manner as yours
It's the damn 335d it has a nasty habit of responding to that heavy right foot between 30 and 70 .... I think the fine was light but to be honest if they had slapped me with three points and a greater heftier fine I would have taken that instead. 3 points with a £1000 would have made me happier.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2018, 04:05 PM   #96
AndyKoyo
Registered
Rep
Drives: 330e Shadow Edition

Get a good solicitor, i used a guy in Leamington when i was caught at 106 on the M6. I'm sure the courts are more lenient if you take them seriously and get paid representation, I got 6 points and £250 fine, far better than the MP that got his wife to take his points, he got 3 yrs and she got 12 months for perverting the course of justice, its not worth the risk
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2018, 01:16 AM   #97
Stoo
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroombimmer View Post
Even though my wife was going some 64% above the limit I have a sinking feeling and I doubt it will be dealt with in the same manner as yours
Mine was dealt with in my absence too.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2018, 02:53 AM   #98
Vroombimmer
Private
Rep

NIP has been sent off, got some decent legal advice too. Just got to sit it out and wait now i guess...
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2018, 11:03 AM   #99
fuzzybunny
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Orange F33 435dx Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKoyo View Post
Get a good solicitor, i used a guy in Leamington when i was caught at 106 on the M6. I'm sure the courts are more lenient if you take them seriously and get paid representation, I got 6 points and £250 fine, far better than the MP that got his wife to take his points, he got 3 yrs and she got 12 months for perverting the course of justice, its not worth the risk
Good Advice I was stopped back in 2007 and accused of using a mobile phone whilst driving, (which I wasn't) and I went to court to argue my case and they clearly did not want to talk to me so they adjourned the case . I got a good solicitor who fought my case followed by a barrister in court. The Police case was so incompetent it was dismissed and i got 'most' of my costs back. It is certainly worth getting a solicitor to fight your corner.