F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Photo, Video, Media Gallery, Journals > Build Journal - Alpine White 335i
Extreme Powerhouse

12-28-2019, 06:20 PM   #1
Alpine.N55
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i

Build Journal - Alpine White 335i

Hey everyone,

I’ve had my car since January 19th of this year but never started a build thread!

I have a 2015 335i but before getting this car I had a 2015 328i.

I learned a lot from that 328 but the power wasn’t enough for me. I found myself constantly flooring it to get up to speed since the N26/N26 low end torque is BAD. The 328i was a lease, so after turning it in I made my first official car purchase. A 2015 335i.

My plans before purchasing the car were to instantly start modding, specifically a tune.

Within the second day of ownership I installed MHD Stage 2. I know it wasn’t a good idea with the stock chargepipe & downpipe but FULL SEND! Oh, and I enabled burbles.

After tuning, i started working on aesthetics. I did the first mod any F30 owner does... dual slat grilles

I had already had a spoiler on the 328i so I took that off and put it on to the 335i.

A little while after that I decided to try out a front lip. The first front I ever had was a plastic M performance style off of eBay. That eventually flew off since the dealership had reinstalled it after a bumper repaint, so I ended up with the same lip but in gloss black at their expense

Then came a few more modifications to the back end: DEPO Blackline Taillights, plastic MP style diffuser, and black 335i badge.

Soon after that, I realized I had to do something about the sound. I got an electric cutout before the muffler & a resonator delete

Eventually i started buying carbon fiber. During my time searching for parts I discovered the best carbon company ever, JHP Dynamics. I hit him up on Instagram and that day I got my first CF part ever, the JV.1 spoiler! It made the car look way more aggressive, but it was missing the carbon diffuser, so eventually I got that from JHP as well!

Through JHP I discovered bestmotorwerks/909__racing. They hooked it up with a great price on a chargepipe install and a downpipe&install! At that point, the car was completely straight piped (with the cutout open).

Commence flames!

After a very long search, I finally settled on some wheels. Aodhan LS007

The build sat still for a while until I finally upgraded the intercooler. I decided to go with the G-Plus intercooler and it performs perfectly.
Don't have any pics of installation :/

After that the car was on MHD Stage 2+.

A few months later the JHP Dynamics P Lip was installed.

Finally, I decided to focus on the interior more since the exterior was pretty much done for the time being. The first thing I did was CF overlays. Eventually I did a suede wrap on the steering wheel, upgraded the paddle shifters, and upgraded the center trim.

And now the build is at a standstill. New things coming in 2020
https://www.instagram.com/p/BzJzchMJxRE/

Last edited by Alpine.N55; 12-28-2019 at 06:27 PM..
Appreciate 0