F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > B58 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Dinantronics sport with 91 octane
ARMA SPEED

05-27-2020, 10:19 PM   #1
Hamm
Rep
Drives: '16 BMW 340i & '13 Jeep JKU

Dinantronics sport with 91 octane

Bought a 2016 340i about two weeks ago and have a couple questions. Other than terrible gas mileage (due to my heavy right foot) I absolutely love the car! Still better mileage than my Jeep Wrangler though, so it works out. Purchased a few things already, including a Dinantronics Sport tune. My question is in regards to the octane requirements for the different modes. Here in Albuquerque, 93 octane isn't readily available. Will I be able to use the different modes (sport, sport+ and race) with 91 octane? From the limited research I've done, people seem to think 91 octane is just as good as 93 due to the elevation here. Any truth to that?
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2020, 12:10 PM   #2
yokata
Second Lieutenant
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: Bmw F30 340xi

Power is same in all modes ,sport and sport plus can open exhaust valves and make trans more aggressive.Btw race mode dont exist on our cars And finally pls dont run your car (if the map is for 93) with 91 it can detonate and damage the engine.Bootmod3 and mhd have maps for your fuel and this two is the best tune platforms for our cars imo, good luck though
Appreciate 1
mgeller51.50
      05-28-2020, 12:55 PM   #3
Hamm
Rep
Drives: '16 BMW 340i & '13 Jeep JKU

Quote:
Originally Posted by yokata View Post
Power is same in all modes ,sport and sport plus can open exhaust valves and make trans more aggressive.Btw race mode dont exist on our cars And finally pls dont run your car (if the map is for 93) with 91 it can detonate and damage the engine.Bootmod3 and mhd have maps for your fuel and this two is the best tune platforms for our cars imo, good luck though
I'm familar with the drive modes of the car itself (confort, sport, sport+). The drive modes I'm referring to are the modes within the Dinantronics Sport unit.
Appreciate 0