F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > F32 and Spotify
Extreme Powerhouse

01-14-2019, 11:53 AM   #1
IH8I405
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 428i

Garage List
2015 BMW 428i  [0.00]
F32 and Spotify

Does Spotify load up on your menu? If so, are you connected via USB or Bluetooth? Also, what software version?

For some reason, after updating to the 'latest software' on the BMW website (https://www.bmwusa.com/owners/software-updates.html), my car (2015 428i) does not show Spotify as an app in the Multimedia menu anymore when it is plugged in via USB. I tried using different cables, and no luck. I miss having it on the menu to control my music better.

I have a loaner today for some warranty work done, and this 2019 430i can have the Spotify app loaded in iDrive via Bluetooth (instead of the USB cable).
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2019, 01:07 PM   #2
grancouper428
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 428i Gran Coupe

I have the same car and I have not been able to do it; I don't think you can. I connect via Bluetooth from my phone and control the app from my phone.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2019, 01:24 PM   #3
IH8I405
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 428i

Garage List
2015 BMW 428i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by grancouper428 View Post
I have the same car and I have not been able to do it; I don't think you can. I connect via Bluetooth from my phone and control the app from my phone.
That is strange. I used to have it prior to the update. I wish I knew what version the .bin was, I would try to roll it back. I am OCD about the music in my car. When I connect via Bluetooth Audio, when I change songs using the BMW -- the screen turns on and flashes on the iPhone. Night time and early work commute (5am), don't want cops to think I am playing with my phone and driving.

With the Spotify app in iDrive, I was able to navigate songs and playlist with the iPhone screen not coming on at all.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2019, 02:49 PM   #4
grancouper428
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 428i Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by IH8I405 View Post
That is strange. I used to have it prior to the update. I wish I knew what version the .bin was, I would try to roll it back. I am OCD about the music in my car. When I connect via Bluetooth Audio, when I change songs using the BMW -- the screen turns on and flashes on the iPhone. Night time and early work commute (5am), don't want cops to think I am playing with my phone and driving.

With the Spotify app in iDrive, I was able to navigate songs and playlist with the iPhone screen not coming on at all.
I have a Samsung Galaxy so maybe it's only an option with iPhones? It would be nice to have that's for sure.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 11:11 AM   #5
RichRBx
BMW Owner & Enthusiast
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 128i M Sport + 428i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by grancouper428 View Post
I used to have the app available on the media menu once the phone was bluetoothed to the car. However it hasn't appeared on the menu since a recent update.

I can still play and control Spotify from my phone, and the functionality seems the same on the car. Just controlled via my iPhone rather than through the iDrive.

Buy & Sell Modified Cars @ Modified-Autos.com
Appreciate 0