F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > HU_NBT2 and 6NS coding
GetBMWParts

05-06-2015, 08:39 AM   #1
steve@codemybimmer
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Hong Kong
Rep

Drives: 2020 G20 320i M Sport

Garage List
HU_NBT2 and 6NS coding

I just picked up my brand new F23 convertible yesterday and I have the new HU_NBT2 head unit and it doesn't seem to let me add 6NS via VO coding to enable mobile office.

I'm going to have to use the token master tool and see what 6NS enables on HU_NBT and see if I can enable those options on the new HU_NBT2.

Does anyone know if Office is enabled by a single parameter?

getCurrentEventID() started [ParallelTask-6]
15-05-05 14:52:08,413 [INFO] [CodingTask - - ecu:HU_NBT2 - da:0x63] com.bmw.psdz.uc.event.EventManagerImpl: API: getCurrentEventID() finished [ParallelTask-6]
15-05-05 14:52:08,413 [INFO] [CodingTask - vin: - ecu:HU_NBT2 - da:0x63] com.bmw.psdz.uc.event.EventManagerImpl: API: firePSdZEvent(PSdZEvent pEvent) started [ParallelTask-6]
15-05-05 14:52:08,414 [WARN] [CodingTask - vin: - ecu:HU_NBT2 - da:0x63] com.bmw.psdz.uc.event.EventManagerImpl: There was an error during TAL execution, please check the log files. [ParallelTask-6]
Errors during NCD generation for CAF cafd_00001ef6-006_009_052:
DataGroup HMI, Function CDMM_USB_PORTS: More than one condition parameter is active: [usb1, usb1_sia]
Timestamp: Tue May 05 14:52:08 EDT 2015
ErrorCategory: SYSTEM_ERROR ID: 303
Class: com.bmw.psdz.tasks.coding.ncd.internal.evaluation. CafEvaluatorImpl
Online Store | Remote Coding Package| ID6 Retrofit for almost all F Chassis BMWs
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2015, 03:43 PM   #2
steve@codemybimmer
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
I had a detailed look at the logs again and this CDMM_USB_PORTS parameter has both USB1 and USB1_sia enabled when these are separate options on the drop down menu.

This was coded using the repaired CAFD on 55.1. I will try the trimmed one and see if that works.

From what I understand, this repaired psdzdata is based off of parameters from older files so so I will see what happens when I used the original trimmed one instead.
Online Store | Remote Coding Package| ID6 Retrofit for almost all F Chassis BMWs
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2015, 09:06 AM   #3
steve@codemybimmer
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Ok nevermind. I checked again and I left 6NH in there along with 6NS. Tried again and it works!!

This confirms that HU_NBT2 can have Mobile Office enabled just like regular NBT I was also able to FDL code everything else I had on my original NBT on this one as well.

Hope this helps.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2015, 10:47 AM   #4
MyFastM3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m3

Errr what is NBT2?
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2015, 11:02 AM   #5
steve@codemybimmer
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyFastM3 View Post
Errr what is NBT2?
New professional nav system that's currently only on the F23 2 series cabriolet and the LCI F20/21.

It will be rolled out with just about any MY2016 built after July this year. Interface is almost exactly the same as HU_NBT except that NBT2 is capable of LTE connectivity and Over the Air map updates.

Also, NBT2 now uses ATM instead of TCB for Telematics.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2015, 04:21 PM   #6
00punisher
Private First Class
Spain
Rep
Drives: F36 420d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aritaurus View Post
Ok nevermind. I checked again and I left 6NH in there along with 6NS. Tried again and it works!!

This confirms that HU_NBT2 can have Mobile Office enabled just like regular NBT I was also able to FDL code everything else I had on my original NBT on this one as well.

Hope this helps.
Hi,

I have a F36 from July 2015 and I have NBT2. I have been able to code many things but no the enhaced bluetooth (6NS).

I had 6NH. I changed from 6NH to 6NS. "Office" appeared in the menu but no SMS no messaging and only one phone paired at a time (we have two Androids).

After reading your post, I tried to put both 6NH and 6NS, but I got the following error:

HU_NBT2 [63]
cdDeploy ProcessedWithError
cafd_00001ef6-006_011_023 Not Executable

Any idea?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2015, 05:47 PM   #7
kitster
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G31 M Sport

You can't have both 6NH and 6NS at the same time, get rid of 6NH and then VO code HU_NBT again.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2015, 03:53 AM   #8
00punisher
Private First Class
Spain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitster View Post
You can't have both 6NH and 6NS at the same time, get rid of 6NH and then VO code HU_NBT again.
Ok. Thanks! I'll try again and tell you.

I did it (use both) because Aritaurus was successfull or at least that is what I understood from his message.

EDIT: I have HU_NBT2 which seems to be a quite different...

Last edited by 00punisher; 11-13-2015 at 05:52 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2015, 08:58 AM   #9
steve@codemybimmer
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00punisher View Post
Ok. Thanks! I'll try again and tell you.

I did it (use both) because Aritaurus was successfull or at least that is what I understood from his message.

EDIT: I have HU_NBT2 which seems to be a quite different...
No no, I accidentally had both there which is why it did not work.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2015, 11:25 AM   #10
smithf80
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 6MT

Garage List
2022 G20 330i  [9.00]
2018 F80 M3  [9.75]
Quote:
That makes more sense, in your other post you made it seem like you added both to fix it.

You just change the letter from H to S and VO code.
      11-13-2015, 12:02 PM   #11
00punisher
Private First Class
Spain
Rep

Quote:
Clear now! Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithf32 View Post
That makes more sense, in your other post you made it seem like you added both to fix it.

You just change the letter from H to S and VO code.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2016, 11:43 AM   #12
voip-ninja
Rep
Drives: Audi A4

Quote:
Clear now! Thanks!!

Punisher did you ever get this working? I have a new F30 with NBT2 and mine is exhibiting the same symptoms you described. Telelphone shows up as "telephone (1)" and no option for 2nd telephone. Office messages not working.

If you fixed it what was the solution?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2016, 04:43 AM   #13
00punisher
Private First Class
Spain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by voip-ninja View Post
Punisher did you ever get this working? I have a new F30 with NBT2 and mine is exhibiting the same symptoms you described. Telelphone shows up as "telephone (1)" and no option for 2nd telephone. Office messages not working.

If you fixed it what was the solution?

Thanks
No, no solution yet

I thought that maybe it was a problem of my phone, but all Android I have tested did not work either... I should test with iPhone, but I haven't do it yet.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2016, 05:07 PM   #14
voip-ninja
Rep

Quote:
No, no solution yet

I thought that maybe it was a problem of my phone, but all Android I have tested did not work either... I should test with iPhone, but I haven't do it yet.
I can assure you that it does not work with the iPhone either. There is one user on the 2Addicts forum who reports his works but I'm thinking if we compared the I-Step version on his car it would turn out to be different (lower rev).

BMW must have changed something recently that now prevents this from working. I'm probably just going to re-code mine to take 6NS out and then re-code the other HU features I want.

If someone gets this figured out in the future I can go ahead and do it again.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2016, 08:08 AM   #15
steve@codemybimmer
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I can assure you that it does not work with the iPhone either. There is one user on the 2Addicts forum who reports his works but I'm thinking if we compared the I-Step version on his car it would turn out to be different (lower rev).

BMW must have changed something recently that now prevents this from working. I'm probably just going to re-code mine to take 6NS out and then re-code the other HU features I want.

If someone gets this figured out in the future I can go ahead and do it again.
I have an F30 LCI now and it works perfectly fine. For the iPhone, did you configure it to show notifications? Also, you only see the messages as they come in.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2016, 09:36 AM   #16
voip-ninja
Rep

Quote:
I have an F30 LCI now and it works perfectly fine. For the iPhone, did you configure it to show notifications? Also, you only see the messages as they come in.
Interesting. What's the i-step version of your car?

You can't enable notifications on the iPhone because that option does not show up when paired to the HU_NBT2.

Once 6NS was FA written to the car and VO coding of the HU was done, the office menu shows up and the phone shows up as "telephone 1". However you can't pair a telephone 2 or choose notifications/messages as an option.

I've tried with 2 iPhones and 1 Android phone and it doesn't work on any of them. Re coded FA and re-VO coded and it still doesn't work.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2016, 09:44 AM   #17
00punisher
Private First Class
Spain
Rep

Quote:

You can't enable notifications on the iPhone because that option does not show up when paired to the HU_NBT2.

Once 6NS was FA written to the car and VO coding of the HU was done, the office menu shows up and the phone shows up as "telephone 1". However you can't pair a telephone 2 or choose notifications/messages as an option.

I've tried with 2 iPhones and 1 Android phone and it doesn't work on any of them. Re coded FA and re-VO coded and it still doesn't work.
Thanks for the new info and the tests!

Options different from music streaming and contacts sharing are not shown when I paired any phone.

Only "Office" menu appears but, as stated, you can't pair a 2nd phone and no notification/message is shown ever.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2016, 11:08 AM   #18
steve@codemybimmer
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

Did you go to configure Bluetooth and check off Office, Telephone2 and Show Images?

Telephone -> Bluetooth Device -> Highlight your phone and press options on the iDrive knob -> Scroll down to configure Bluetooth -> Check off Office, Telephone 2 and Show images and select ok.

For telephone 2, select the second device and go to "Configure Device" and designate that as Telephone 2
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2016, 02:18 PM   #19
voip-ninja
Rep

Quote:
Did you go to configure Bluetooth and check off Office, Telephone2 and Show Images?

Telephone -> Bluetooth Device -> Highlight your phone and press options on the iDrive knob -> Scroll down to configure Bluetooth -> Check off Office, Telephone 2 and Show images and select ok.

For telephone 2, select the second device and go to "Configure Device" and designate that as Telephone 2
I think this is a point of confusion.

No "office" option appears under Bluetooth settings for the phone either in the iDrive menu or on the phone itself. The main office menu in iDrive shows up but the options for configuring office on the BT device are absent.

What is the CAFD file name for your HU_NBT2? I think you might have a different version.

Mine is CAFD_00001EF6_006_017.ncd
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2016, 02:58 PM   #20
steve@codemybimmer
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

No "office" option appears under Bluetooth settings for the phone either in the iDrive menu or on the phone itself. The main office menu in iDrive shows up but the options for configuring office on the BT device are absent.

What is the CAFD file name for your HU_NBT2? I think you might have a different version.

Mine is CAFD_000001EF6_006_011_025.ncd and I believe I'm on 56.3.

Last edited by steve@codemybimmer; 03-10-2016 at 03:23 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2016, 03:37 PM   #21
steve@codemybimmer
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

Ok so when you go to Options under the Bluetooth Menu, you see only Configure Device but there's nothing there for Configure Bluetooth?
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2016, 02:16 AM   #22
00punisher
Private First Class
Spain
Rep

Quote:
Mine is CAFD_000001EF6_006_011_025.ncd and I believe I'm on 56.3.
FYI

Mine is CAFD_00001EF6_006_011_023 and I'm on 56.5
Appreciate 0