F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > help! Screwed up coding - SOLVED
Extreme Powerhouse

06-24-2016, 09:40 PM   #1
jknight
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 328i

help! Screwed up coding - SOLVED

hi.

So I did my first try at coding and tried to code the Enhanced
Bluetooth and Sport Automatic Transmission and I followed a guide that showed how to change 6NH to 6NK and 205 to 2TB and followed the steps in the guide until the point where I click the "Write FA FP" button. All seemed good. Then I followed these steps:

Connect => Select "Expert Mode“
Click on "Coding" button.
Read FA (VO).
Activate FA (VO).
Read SVT (…
Right-Click on ECU (the ECU itself not the underlying CAFD).
Select CODE.
Repeat for all ECUs applicable to your project

But, I clicked on the top ECU's and clicked code, that did all of them (now I know I should have worked on a lower tree ECU value and not the top one). 2 ECUs' got errors (the 2 I think I changed because I didn't understand how to do the VO Code step.

My car then complained about drive train and gas malfunctions.

I changed the 6NK and 2TB back and coded all ECUs again, and got no errors this time. But I am still getting the drivetrain and gas malfunctions.

car seems to drive fine.

I did the backups as explained before I made any changes.

Can someone please tell me how to reset everything. Please?!??!

Thanks.

Jeff

Last edited by jknight; 06-25-2016 at 12:20 AM.. Reason: changed title to indicate its solved.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2016, 11:04 PM   #2
jknight
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 328i

I think I fixed it. I opened my original SVT and FA files, then went to each CAFD section and reloaded the original CAFD file. I had the car running while doing this. When I loaded the DME2 one, the car quit and threw errors. So I finished the rest of the CAFD files and tried the DME2 one again and the car stalled and threw errors again. So I left the car off and reloaded it again, and it seemed to work fine. So I guess that one should be loaded with the car off. Probably what caused it the first time cause I had the car running then and it stalled in the middle of the update.

I feel better now and will try again in the morning with my new knowledge.
Appreciate 0