F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > brake kit.
ARMA SPEED

09-15-2019, 08:34 AM   #1
dmedina2
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30

brake kit.

where is the best place to get brake kit without paying 2k?
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2019, 08:46 AM   #2
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

There must be a dozen places to get a full brake kit, all four rotors plus pads, for well under $2k, depending on what brakes you have. Just don't buy BMW OEM parts. Rock Auto is particularly good.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2019, 09:11 AM   #3
dmedina2
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billfitz View Post
There must be a dozen places to get a full brake kit, all four rotors plus pads, for well under $2k, depending on what brakes you have. Just don't buy BMW OEM parts. Rock Auto is particularly good.
I meant for painted calipers and drilled rotors. I want to do that more before spacers etc.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2019, 10:08 AM   #4
cfm56d7b
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 440i Gran Coupe & 2015 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmedina2 View Post
I meant for painted calipers and drilled rotors. I want to do that more before spacers etc.
Are you looking to purchase M Performance brake kit or assemble your own brake kit from aftermarket parts?
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2019, 10:25 AM   #5
jh_f30
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i Sportline Auto RWD

Quote:
Quote:
Sounds you're you're just going for aesthetics since you mentioned painted calipers, drilled rotors, and spacers. You can find people selling their grey brembo kits in the classifieds section from time to time. Those would be an upgrade, then you can paint them yourself using any number of kits available. Replace the rotors if you want, but in case you didn't know, cross-drilled rotors are strictly for looks.
      09-15-2019, 11:17 AM   #6
dmedina2
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh_f30 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Sounds you're you're just going for aesthetics since you mentioned painted calipers, drilled rotors, and spacers. You can find people selling their grey brembo kits in the classifieds section from time to time. Those would be an upgrade, then you can paint them yourself using any number of kits available. Replace the rotors if you want, but in case you didn't know, cross-drilled rotors are strictly for looks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jh_f30 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
guilty as charged. not looking to upgrade due to racing need etc....just looking for asthetics without compromising quality.
Appreciate 0