F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > F32 F82 control arm swap for track?
Extreme Powerhouse

12-14-2019, 07:20 AM   #1
gippy
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F32 440i, pre-LCI, w/MPPSK

F32 F82 control arm swap for track?

after my track day earlier this year the outer edge of my front tyres got pretty chewed up.
I wasn't bothered as they were an old set, but in prep for next year, i'm trying to understand what i can do to limit this outcome.

i understand i need to add some negative camber to the front - what's the best way to do that? I don't want to be replacing suspension parts after each track day so it needs to be driveable for the road also without compromising on road safety etc.

i came across this video - will this be an all round decent solution? Swapping for the F82 control arms instead to give me that negative camber + be fine for the road?

Appreciate 1
haagm58809.50
      12-15-2019, 07:04 AM   #2
haagm58
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 328d Sport Line

Garage List
Good timing! I just posed this on a much older thread on this topic and am also looking for feedback.

For those who upgraded the FCA on their F30, what have your experiences been so far and how long have you been running this setup? Did you made additional suspension upgrades? Are you pleased with the results?

So far for suspension and stance I've only added front and rear spacers and a rear sway bar. I'd like to further improve handling, and especially reduce the soft steering in the front.
47k miles on the car, so also planning for either shocks and struts or coil overs in the near future, wondering if I should combine the install with a front sway bar, FCA, or other bits.

OP, here's another helpful video on this
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2019, 10:24 AM   #3
kern417
Cheapskate
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i |2016 340i | 2010 X5

Nothing beats camber plates for adjustability and performance, but sometimes they can get noisy. However, a lot of us have had good luck with Millway Camber Plates. They even have a new option that uses bushings instead of bearings to further prevent any noise.
https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1605949
Youtube/Instagram/TikTok: @kern417
Appreciate 0