F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Coding for 6NR BMW Apps?
Studio RSR

08-18-2014, 09:59 AM   #23
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aritaurus View Post
Have any of you guys gone back to the dealer for a software update after importing an activating the 6NR FSC code?

I know from factory, a CIC equipped F30 with 6NR would have 6NF and 6NL as their Bluetooth option. Will there be any conflicts with 6NH and 6NR written to the FA on VCM?
My car has been programmed twice since adding 6NR.

First time I did not write 6NR to FA, and got car back and 6NR FSC Code was Cancelled. I had to have a new one issued by BMW AG.

The second time, I changed my FA build date to 1211 and wrote both 6NF and 6NR to FA, even though the car does not have 6NF Base Plate, and my car came back with 6NR in tact.

I don't think the BT option, 6NH vs. 6NL matters at all in regard to 6NR.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2014, 11:00 AM   #24
radair
Private
Rep
Drives: G26 i4 M50

Thanks Kitster & Shawn for your feedback.

Greetings
Roland
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2014, 07:39 AM   #25
bojan_a
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 520d Xdrive 2016

Regarding BMW apps with andriod

Hi,

I have BMW apps working with Iphone 5 and 5s. Tried different android models but all are stated as not supported in the connection wizard when I connect them via USB. Anyone has a clue what the problem might be. The coding is most probably not an issue since it workes fine with Iphone.

The firmware versions I have are:
MN-002.038.015
TN-002.038.015

Thanks!
//Bojan

//Bojan
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2014, 07:59 AM   #26
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bojan_a View Post
Hi,

I have BMW apps working with Iphone 5 and 5s. Tried different android models but all are stated as not supported in the connection wizard when I connect them via USB. Anyone has a clue what the problem might be. The coding is most probably not an issue since it workes fine with Iphone.

The firmware versions I have are:
MN-002.038.015
TN-002.038.015

Thanks!
//Bojan
Android support was added in NBT Head Unit post 0713 firmware. If you have CIC, you cannot have BMW Apps on Android.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2014, 08:13 AM   #27
bojan_a
Sweden
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
Android support was added in NBT Head Unit post 0713 firmware. If you have CIC, you cannot have BMW Apps on Android.
Thanks for the fast reply!
I am pretty sure it is a NBT since I know I do not have combox in the trunk for my F30 but still can bluetooth sound etc. Also touchwheel is installed which I do not belive is supported in CIC?

Any cluue what the problem might be, my NBT unit is retrofitted VIN: K175664.

//Bojan
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2014, 08:16 AM   #28
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I am pretty sure it is a NBT since I know I do not have combox in the trunk for my F30 but still can bluetooth sound etc. Also touchwheel is installed which I do not belive is supported in CIC?

Any cluue what the problem might be, my NBT unit is retrofitted VIN: K175664.
You need 50.4 firmware on NBT and coding:

HU_NBT => A4A_ANDROID = aktiv

Appreciate 0
      09-18-2014, 03:41 PM   #29
bojan_a
Sweden
Rep

Quote:
You need 50.4 firmware on NBT and coding:

HU_NBT => A4A_ANDROID = aktiv
I have tried to code that and now my NBT unit recognizes the phone. Phone is connected via USB, but when I then start the app it says no active connection. Doing the diagnostic test shows no conncetion and keeps on trying to connect. This NBT says USB accessory mode active. Download and install BMW connected App from Andriod market.

Any suggestions? Anything else needs coding?

//Bojan
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2014, 03:42 PM   #30
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
What is I-Level Current of car?

Appreciate 0
      10-13-2014, 12:47 PM   #31
peikko
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320D Sport

Tjena Bojan,

What Android phone do you have? BMW doesn't like them that much and only a select bunch are supported if you check their website... I have a HTC M8 and it tells me it isn't supported on the BMW website - it works infrequently as as a disk drive on a NBT unit.

A workaround is to get an ipod and use wifi tethering from your phone - a few people have done that and it works quite well.

Did you go to KTH?
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2014, 06:19 AM   #32
bojan_a
Sweden
Rep

Quote:
What is I-Level Current of car?
I am not sure how to check the I-level of the car? Can you describe that or maybe there is a how to already?

//Bojan
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2014, 06:27 AM   #33
bojan_a
Sweden
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by peikko View Post
Tjena Bojan,

What Android phone do you have? BMW doesn't like them that much and only a select bunch are supported if you check their website... I have a HTC M8 and it tells me it isn't supported on the BMW website - it works infrequently as as a disk drive on a NBT unit.

A workaround is to get an ipod and use wifi tethering from your phone - a few people have done that and it works quite well.

Did you go to KTH?

Tjena peikko,
I have tried Samsung galaxy S4, S5 and S4 mini. Also tried with Sony Xperia V. I did enable the android support for BMW apps and not it recognize the phone and puts it "Accessory mode" then it tells me to download the BMW connected App from andriod market.. I've done that but it doesn't connect to the car for some reason. Trying to debug the connection trhough the apps doesn't work. Looks like the picture attached.

It works fine with Iphone and Ipod as you say but I want Andriod

I went to LIU so I guess you are misstaking me for some other Bojan?
Attached Images

//Bojan
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2014, 08:11 AM   #34
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I am not sure how to check the I-level of the car? Can you describe that or maybe there is a how to already?
See my post here:

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...postcount=1403

Appreciate 0
      11-19-2014, 04:39 PM   #35
bojan_a
Sweden
Rep

I just tried with a Samsung galaxy s3 LTE version and bmw apps works fine. I guess I have to wait for an update from BMW to support newer Android phones? Though it says on BMW webpage that it should support the galaxy S4 and S5. Any ideas?

Quote:
Appreciate 1
      01-08-2015, 05:18 AM   #36
grahammcm1888
Rep
Drives: 520 d m sport

I know this is an old thread but I did not have Office with my new car so coded all the features listed previously. I now have the office menu, texts and emails working. I find (with ny old car also) that to get your iphone emails working you have to toggle the notifications to show within the mail notification setting from 5 to 10 or vice versa (depending on what it is set at) to get emails on the idrive. Hopefully this helps someone out.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2015, 01:39 AM   #37
kevinproost
Rep
Drives: F34 GT

hi guy's
i'm also trying to get connected to my android phone (Sony Xperia Z2)
but don't you need the snap-in adapter?

the "normal" USB don't support BMW Apps (thats what they told me at the dealer)
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2015, 04:57 PM   #38
hsk1610
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinproost View Post
hi guy's
i'm also trying to get connected to my android phone (Sony Xperia Z2)
but don't you need the snap-in adapter?

the "normal" USB don't support BMW Apps (thats what they told me at the dealer)
Do you have 6NR and the NBT nav? If so, my understanding was that Android should be supported. With so many models of Android, it would be hard to get a snap-in adapter for all the different models. Maybe the dealer was saying if you don't have the options for BMW Apps either as a stand alone or through the technology package, you won't be able to use the apps through your Android phone.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2015, 11:57 AM   #39
ankit486
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328xi

shawnsheridan
OK so based on this thread, it is possible to code for 6NR if I have HUD_CIC and CMB_MEDIA??? I have 609 and 6NH as base, which I recently upgraded to 6NL. I am not sure about FSC code generation. There are some tools that I downloaded like FSC generator and EDIABAS.
Any insight will help.

Also, can this be used to upgrade the NAV software if I am correct? I already have NAV pro. can this be upgraded to even a higher version or this is just a software upgrade?
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2015, 12:07 PM   #40
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ankit486 View Post
shawnsheridan
OK so based on this thread, it is possible to code for 6NR if I have HUD_CIC and CMB_MEDIA??? I have 609 and 6NH as base, which I recently upgraded to 6NL. I am not sure about FSC code generation. There are some tools that I downloaded like FSC generator and EDIABAS.
Any insight will help.

Also, can this be used to upgrade the NAV software if I am correct? I already have NAV pro. can this be upgraded to even a higher version or this is just a software upgrade?
You have the capability to have BMW Apps since you have CIC and Combox. It requires adding 6NR to VO, obtaining a 9C FSC Code issued by BMW AG for your VIN, Importing and Activating the FSC Code in Head Unit, and Coding Head Unit and Combox. 6NR FSC Code cannot be generated. It must come from BMW AG and be signed with their private encryption key.

With CiC, you will get all of BMW Apps except you will still not have Video and iPod out GUI functions as there is no FBAS Video Connection from the 6NF Base Plate if present nor the Center Armrest USB Port to back of CIC.

As for Nav, 609 Nav Pro is the highest version. All you can do with it is update map versions, or Retrofit newer NBT Head Unit to replace CIC.

Appreciate 0
      01-22-2015, 05:34 PM   #41
ankit486
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328xi

Quote:
You have the capability to have BMW Apps since you have CIC and Combox. It requires adding 6NR to VO, obtaining a 9C FSC Code issued by BMW AG for your VIN, Importing and Activating the FSC Code in Head Unit, and Coding Head Unit and Combox. 6NR FSC Code cannot be generated. It must come from BMW AG and be signed with their private encryption key.

With CiC, you will get all of BMW Apps except you will still not have Video and iPod out GUI functions as there is no FBAS Video Connection from the 6NF Base Plate if present nor the Center Armrest USB Port to back of CIC.

As for Nav, 609 Nav Pro is the highest version. All you can do with it is update map versions, or Retrofit newer NBT Head Unit to replace CIC.
Thanks for the info. If I understood you correctly, the BMW apps can be added only after I get the 9C FSC code from BMW AG. will that be added in addition to EBt code for 6NL/6NS or 6NR will replace it?

As for the 9C FSC code, will BMW generate just like that? I assume not!! It must come with some cost. And even if you wish to pay, do they jsut activate without any fuss like I have to take the car to the dealer to install it??
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2015, 05:45 PM   #42
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ankit486 View Post
Thanks for the info. If I understood you correctly, the BMW apps can be added only after I get the 9C FSC code from BMW AG. will that be added in addition to EBt code for 6NL/6NS or 6NR will replace it?

As for the 9C FSC code, will BMW generate just like that? I assume not!! It must come with some cost. And even if you wish to pay, do they jsut activate without any fuss like I have to take the car to the dealer to install it??
6NR BMW Apps is in addition to 6NL/6NS Enhanced Bluetooth Option Code.

I have a source that gets 9C FSC Codes from BMW AG. Cost is around $235 USD.

Dealer will not help you in anyway with retrofitting 6NR BMW Apps. You would need to use E-Sys to Import and Activate the FSC Code, add 6NR to FA, and Code car.

Appreciate 0
      01-25-2015, 04:19 AM   #43
Vindnu
Registered
Denmark
Rep
Drives: Bmw 328i

Quote:
6NR BMW Apps is in addition to 6NL/6NS Enhanced Bluetooth Option Code.

I have a source that gets 9C FSC Codes from BMW AG. Cost is around $235 USD.

Dealer will not help you in anyway with retrofitting 6NR BMW Apps. You would need to use E-Sys to Import and Activate the FSC Code, add 6NR to FA, and Code car.
Hi shawnsheridan

My car has been to the dealer and after that, my 6NR fsc code has been cancel . I having a retrofit nbt with fsc codes
Is it correct, I can get it to Work if I get a new fsc code.
Can you please help with a source to buy a new fsc code
Thank you
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2015, 04:31 AM   #44
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindnu View Post
Hi shawnsheridan

My car has been to the dealer and after that, my 6NR fsc code has been cancel . I having a retrofit nbt with fsc codes
Is it correct, I can get it to Work if I get a new fsc code.
Can you please help with a source to buy a new fsc code
Thank you
If 6NR was written to car FA, ISTA/P should not have cancelled it.

Since you have NBT retrofit, and with that I assume an Activation Module, the simple solution is to use complete set of FSC Codes that includes 6NR with a newer creation date, and import and activate that set.

PM set.

Appreciate 0