F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Pure Stage 2 Dyno N55 335i
Extreme Powerhouse

05-28-2021, 03:35 PM   #1
Shadysu
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i

Pure Stage 2 Dyno N55 335i

Finally got my pure turbos in,

It was tuned for 94

Catless DP
BMS intake
Charge pipe upgrade
XHP stage 4
Straight pipe
Stage 2 LPFP
Pure Turbo Inlet
Turbo Smart+ DV

It was a custom tune straight to the ecu, no bm3 or mhd
Was hoping to break 500whp but with port injection and planning to use a different tuner rather than the tuner my shop uses.

Dyno was also done in X Delete mode

do let me know if there’s anything else Incan do to better these numbers
Attached Images

Last edited by Shadysu; 05-30-2021 at 09:44 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2021, 03:58 PM   #2
thejeremyman9
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i

What software did the tuner use? Typically its only MHD, BM3, or ECUTek. Also, any datalog?

I assume you have stock HPFP was well. You are probably just out of octane to push higher, but we can't tell without a datalog since we have no idea what boost or timing you are running. Port injection wont do anything if you are out of octane, that would only help if you are out of fuel (quantity) or wanted to switch to E85.
Appreciate 1
n55david1295.50
      05-28-2021, 04:09 PM   #3
Shadysu
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejeremyman9 View Post
What software did the tuner use? Typically its only MHD, BM3, or ECUTek. Also, any datalog?

I assume you have stock HPFP was well. You are probably just out of octane to push higher, but we can't tell without a datalog since we have no idea what boost or timing you are running. Port injection wont do anything if you are out of octane, that would only help if you are out of fuel (quantity) or wanted to switch to E85.
I believe it was ECUTek since I was using BM3 before and they didn’t use it, Yeah i don’t have any E85 around me here in Canada, so i didn’t upgrade my hpfp but upgraded the LPFP, I can take some data logs tomorrow when I get my car back
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2021, 04:35 PM   #4
thejeremyman9
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadysu View Post
I believe it was ECUTek since I was using BM3 before and they didn’t use it, Yeah i don’t have any E85 around me here in Canada, so i didn’t upgrade my hpfp but upgraded the LPFP, I can take some data logs tomorrow when I get my car back
If you dont have access to E85, its quite likely that you wont need any fuel upgrades. You certainly don't need a LPFP unless you go PI, and I've never seen anyone run PI for pump gas - its basically always for a high ethanol mix or full E85. If you are octane limited, in the absence of E85 or even race gas, your best bet to make more power is probably a meth kit.

Let's see a log though when you get one.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2021, 04:43 PM   #5
Shadysu
Private
Rep

Quote:
I wanted to go with the port injection kit by snow performance, since it would cover the meth and as well cover the HPFP upgrade, and the FX-180 is 1800 CAD, and the 2.5 PI kit would be 1600 CAD from my local shops
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2021, 05:05 PM   #6
thejeremyman9
Major General
Rep

Quote:
I wanted to go with the port injection kit by snow performance, since it would cover the meth and as well cover the HPFP upgrade, and the FX-180 is 1800 CAD, and the 2.5 PI kit would be 1600 CAD from my local shops
PI can be used to spray meth, but then why did you upgrade the LPFP?
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2021, 07:05 PM   #7
Shadysu
Private
Rep

Quote:
PI can be used to spray meth, but then why did you upgrade the LPFP?
I was under the impression It was required to get the ps2 past 450whp
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2021, 07:07 PM   #8
Shadysu
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gostivari86 View Post
OP if you live near Toronto there is a gas station on a native reserve that has E85 for sale on weekends only FYI https://roseneath.gen7.ca/
It’s about an hour 1/2 away not bad, would have to see how i could make that work as i daily my car
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2021, 07:27 PM   #9
thejeremyman9
Major General
Rep

Quote:
I was under the impression It was required to get the ps2 past 450whp
Well LPFP upgrade by itself does nothing. The HPFP runs out of fuel before the LPFP, so upgrading the LPFP wont allow you to actually deliver any more fuel. The vast majority of people who upgraded HPFP still dont upgrade the LPFP because it has more than enough flow for most ethanol mixes.

Then if you add PI, you will need a LPFP, and you will also likely need a EKP upgrade if you are going to be putting the LPFP under any significant strain.

If you add meth spray via PI, you will have a dedicated meth tank/pump, so you also wont need a upgraded LPFP.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2021, 08:02 PM   #10
Shadysu
Private
Rep

Quote:
Well LPFP upgrade by itself does nothing. The HPFP runs out of fuel before the LPFP, so upgrading the

LPFP wont allow you to actually deliver any more fuel. The vast majority of people who upgraded HPFP still dont upgrade the LPFP because it has more than enough flow for most ethanol mixes.

Then if you add PI, you will need a LPFP, and you will also likely need a EKP upgrade if you are going to be putting the LPFP under any significant strain.

If you add meth spray via PI, you will have a dedicated meth tank/pump, so you also wont need a upgraded LPFP.

Interesting,

When I first inquired about my turbo upgrade to my shop, they suggestion I'd do just LPFP Inlet upgrades and I should be good to go around 500whp

So lets say I just want to add meth, would it just be better to just get a meth kit alone, if I don't plan to run E85 and wouldn't need PI either? my end goal I"m trying to reach is 520-550WHP.

What would warrant me to upgrade my HPFP?

Sorry to sound like a newbie, I thought I did my research all this time, only have been on this platform since september haha, appreciate the responses in advance.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2021, 09:53 PM   #11
435gc
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i Gran Coupe xdrive

470 seems about right for your mods and fuel. Maybe a bit on the high side.

You are hitting the octane ceiling for your fuel.

Your shop is mistaken about the lpfp.

You will be hard put to get 550 out of the ps2. Maybe for a glory run on the dyno, but not something to run daily.

If you are willing to plan around your e85 supply then hpfp stage 2 should enable you to get close to or max out the ps2. Stage 1 probably not.

If you don't have e85 easily available a meth kit is what you will need.

Charge pipe meth should get you to the 500ish mark maybe a little more.

If you plan to get all that is possible out of the turbo then direct port meth injection would be a preferred set up. With a small nozzle in the charge pipe to cool iats. Its certainly more complicated, but if done right it gets you the octane and fuel you need delivered evenly to each cylinder.

If I were you and going down the meth path, I would start with the charge pipe meth and see if you are happy before incurring the additional expenses of direct port.

Last edited by 435gc; 05-28-2021 at 10:08 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2021, 10:13 PM   #12
Shadysu
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 435gc View Post
470 seems about right for your mods and fuel. Maybe a bit on the high side.

Your shop is mistaken about the lpfp.

You will be hard put to get 550 out of the ps2. Maybe for a glory run on the dyno, but not something to run daily.

If you are willing to plan around your e85 supply then hpfp stage 2 should enable you to get close to or max out the ps2.

If you don't have e85 easily available a meth kit is what you will need.

Charge pipe meth should get you to the 500ish mark maybe a little more.

If you plan to get all that is possible out of the turbo then direct port meth injection would be a preferred set up. With a small nozzle in the charge pipe to cool iats. Its certainly more complicated, but if done right it gets you the octane and fuel you need delivered evenly to each cylinder.

If I were you and going down the meth path, I would start with the charge pipe meth and see if you are happy before incurring the additional expenses of direct port.
I did some asking around, and found out lot of people around me get barrels for not bad pricing, wouldn't mind having a E85 map to run whenever I need the power, of course I wouldn't wanna be running that daily, but to hit close to the 530-550WHP will be nice to have on the "race" map

A few friends have suggested to go with a FX-150 and a meth injection kit which I think I'll pull the trigger on it.

I'll be happy if I get 530, I was really hoping to get 500 before meth.

Appriciate the response, I get so confused when it comes to fueling

I guess my shop was just under the wrong impression about the LPFP, they still did a beautiful job on the installs.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2021, 11:08 PM   #13
435gc
Lieutenant
Rep

Solid plan
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2021, 02:53 AM   #14
n55david
Check out my Youtube @n55david!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 m240i, 2015 X3 x35i

Garage List
2017 m240i xDrive  [0.00]
2015 X3 x35i  [0.00]
2015 335i xdrive  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Well LPFP upgrade by itself does nothing. The HPFP runs out of fuel before the LPFP, so upgrading the

LPFP wont allow you to actually deliver any more fuel. The vast majority of people who upgraded HPFP still dont upgrade the LPFP because it has more than enough flow for most ethanol mixes.

Interesting,

When I first inquired about my turbo upgrade to my shop, they suggestion I'd do just LPFP Inlet upgrades and I should be good to go around 500whp

So lets say I just want to add meth, would it just be better to just get a meth kit alone, if I don't plan to run E85 and wouldn't need PI either? my end goal I"m trying to reach is 520-550WHP.

What would warrant me to upgrade my HPFP?

Sorry to sound like a newbie, I thought I did my research all this time, only have been on this platform since september haha, appreciate the responses in advance.
I bet they are more familiar with the n54 setups based on this suggestion
IG: @n55david For pics and updates!
Youtube: @ n55david For videos or Racing etc
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2021, 08:49 AM   #15
Shadysu
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom10R View Post
I bet they are more familiar with the n54 setups based on this suggestion
Yeah they actually did my buddies n54 19t’s and man his car feels like godspeed haha

It’s no big deal, got something upgraded at least!

Appriciate all the responses guys.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2021, 10:58 AM   #16
thejeremyman9
Major General
Rep

Quote:
I did some asking around, and found out lot of people around me get barrels for not bad pricing, wouldn't mind having a E85 map to run whenever I need the power, of course I wouldn't wanna be running that daily, but to hit close to the 530-550WHP will be nice to have on the "race" map

A few friends have suggested to go with a FX-150 and a meth injection kit which I think I'll pull the trigger on it.

I'll be happy if I get 530, I was really hoping to get 500 before meth.

Appriciate the response, I get so confused when it comes to fueling

I guess my shop was just under the wrong impression about the LPFP, they still did a beautiful job on the installs.
Well to be clear you wont need the HPFP if you dont plan to run ethanol. Meth should get you the octane and fueling you need with stock HPFP.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2021, 04:40 PM   #17
Shadysu
Private
Rep

Quote:
Well to be clear you wont need the HPFP if you dont plan to run ethanol. Meth should get you the octane and fueling you need with stock HPFP.

Yep got that, but I would acutally be interested to run E85/blends sometimes

One more question... so if the tune they used wasn't MHD or BM3, EcuTek? and if so would I be able to remove to tune myself? or only they would be able to, as I want to switch to MHD and have multiple maps rather than just the single flame map ill be on with the current tune.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2021, 01:30 AM   #18
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M235i

Where is the upgraded turbo inlet and diverter valve? Go back to the stock intake with a drop in filter, or at least get a better one like the CTS. I’ll also second the comments on the HPFP/LPFP. Meth will help, and/or E85
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2021, 08:20 AM   #19
harkes
Colonel
China
Rep
Drives: M135i, E39 M5, NSX and AE86

Quote:

There a MANY other ways of tuning a car that those. The "real" tuners use WinOLS as far as I am aware.
      05-30-2021, 09:44 AM   #20
Shadysu
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuroRay View Post
Where is the upgraded turbo inlet and diverter valve? Go back to the stock intake with a drop in filter, or at least get a better one like the CTS. I’ll also second the comments on the HPFP/LPFP. Meth will help, and/or E85
Sorry I forgot to list them

I have the pure Inlet upgrade as well, and the Turbo Smart DV

I was planning to upgrade to the CTS intake very soon, just ran out of money during the turbo upgrade
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2021, 01:07 PM   #21
435gc
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Yep got that, but I would acutally be interested to run E85/blends sometimes

One more question... so if the tune they used wasn't MHD or BM3, EcuTek? and if so would I be able to remove to tune myself? or only they would be able to, as I want to switch to MHD and have multiple maps rather than just the single flame map ill be on with the current tune.

Keep in mind that you will need a separate map if you plan on running meth with pump and occasionally running an emix with pump and meth.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2021, 03:38 PM   #22
Shadysu
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 435gc View Post
Keep in mind that you will need a separate map if you plan on running meth with pump and occasionally running an emix with pump and meth.
Yep i’m aware, another reason why i wasn’t happy with this tune, i’m on a single map only, and that happens to be a flame map as well, before i’d run one for flames for burbles and then one for just performence which i enjoyed a lot. hoping i can work that out with my next tuner
Appreciate 0