F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Cooling system issues
Extreme Powerhouse

04-21-2024, 02:44 AM   #1
reneeraymond
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW

Cooling system issues

After tackling the challenging task of replacing my radiator and thermostat, and figuring out the correct placement for all the hoses (which truly fit only where they're meant to), I managed to resolve the initial leak issue. However, a new problem emerged a few days later when my car's check engine light turned on, displaying the code PO0128. The coolant temperature now hovers around 74 degrees while driving, leading to insufficient heating, though it does reach 81 degrees and provides adequate heat when the car is idle. This situation leads me to suspect a potential issue with the thermostat. Is it possible for a brand new OEM thermostat to be faulty right from the start? That would indeed be an unfortunate streak of luck! Additionally, I encountered a warning for the engine coolant temp sensor, which I reset. I don't recall the exact code, but the persistent heating issue seems to indicate the engine is running cooler than it should, rather than signaling a faulty sensor, right?
Appreciate 0