F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F34 3-Series GT (Gran Turismo) Forum > Red Hot Alternator
GetBMWParts

06-12-2022, 01:54 PM   #1
BuckSM
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i

Red Hot Alternator

Hey folks, just a casual trying to troubleshoot.

I recently got my car coded with BM3 Stg 1 multistage OTS. The car ran fine on map 3 (stg 1 93 oct) a couple of days, then ran fine again today. After about ten minutes or so, the car was making some high pitched noise as I was pulling up to a parking lot, no dash indications. I pulled over and popped the hood while the engine was running and found my alternator with a single spot that was amber (heard) hot. I shut the car down, gave it ten minutes before starting the car again and booting the OEM map and heading back home while babying the throttle. I get home to find that the alternator is not red hot this time. I'll have to see if the map is what did it, but figured I would ask the folks as well.

Has anyone come across a problem similar to this? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0