F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F34 3-Series GT (Gran Turismo) Forum > *NEW GTS Taillights for the F34 GT! (Check it out)
proTUNING Freaks

06-17-2022, 10:11 PM   #1
BimmerBren
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 328i GT, 2007 Z4 3.0i

Garage List
*NEW GTS Taillights for the F34 GT! (Check it out)

Hey everyone! After a long time of waiting and waiting, GTS taillights are finally being made for the F34 GT. There is currently one online listing for them and it is for sale on AliExpress. If any of you guys are interested in checking them out or purchasing them, feel free to check out the link I have pasted below. Please reply to the thread if you purchase them or own them, as I am very curious as to how they will turn out. I have contacted the seller, and he said he does not have any actual photos of the taillights yet (only renderings). It seems odd, but hopefully they look great! (FYI: These taillights are ONLY plug and play for LCI models and will require additional steps for PRE LCI)

Taillights For 3 Series GT F34 GTS OLED Type Tail Light LED DRL Running Signal Brake Reversing Parking Lighthouse Facelift

LINK: https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_AAIebn

Looking for more ways of modifying your F34 GT? Check out my Instagram @BimmerBren! Feel free to direct message me or check out the links to modifications in my bio!

Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/bimmerbren/
Linktree:https://linktr.ee/BimmerBren
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2022, 01:18 PM   #2
DavidSTryk
Private First Class
Denmark
Rep
Drives: BMW 320D F34 Gran Turismo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerBren View Post
Hey everyone! After a long time of waiting and waiting, GTS taillights are finally being made for the F34 GT. There is currently one online listing for them and it is for sale on AliExpress. If any of you guys are interested in checking them out or purchasing them, feel free to check out the link I have pasted below. Please reply to the thread if you purchase them or own them, as I am very curious as to how they will turn out. I have contacted the seller, and he said he does not have any actual photos of the taillights yet (only renderings). It seems odd, but hopefully they look great! (FYI: These taillights are ONLY plug and play for LCI models and will require additional steps for PRE LCI)

Taillights For 3 Series GT F34 GTS OLED Type Tail Light LED DRL Running Signal Brake Reversing Parking Lighthouse Facelift

Looking for more ways of modifying your F34 GT? Check out my Instagram @BimmerBren! Feel free to direct message me or check out the links to modifications in my bio!

I would buy these in a heartbeat if they were from a reputable seller and not someone on AliExpress …
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2022, 04:12 PM   #3
BimmerBren
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidSTryk View Post
Quote:

I would buy these in a heartbeat if they were from a reputable seller and not someone on AliExpress …
I do understand where you're coming from, but Aliexpress really isn't bad. This seller seems to be reputable as he has 6000+ followers and 93% positive feedback. This is also the same company that created GTS lights for the two series. If one day you find F34 GTS taillights for sale on a more reputable website like Amazon, there's a very good chance they will be coming from this company's factory. Reputable GTS taillight brands like VLAND are made in china.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2022, 04:36 PM   #4
DavidSTryk
Private First Class
Denmark
Rep
Drives: BMW 320D F34 Gran Turismo

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I do understand where you're coming from, but Aliexpress really isn't bad. This seller seems to be reputable as he has 6000+ followers and 93% positive feedback. This is also the same company that created GTS lights for the two series. If one day you find F34 GTS taillights for sale on a more reputable website like Amazon, there's a very good chance they will be coming from this company's factory. Reputable GTS taillight brands like VLAND are made in china.
That could very well be true. But I'll still hold on to my wallet and wait for distributors in Europe ..

Not too keen on dishing out 900 dollars to a seller on AliExpress and risk some shady product where, as you said so yourself, there aren't even any actual photos - just renders…
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2022, 10:56 AM   #5
BimmerBren
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

That could very well be true. But I'll still hold on to my wallet and wait for distributors in Europe ..

Not too keen on dishing out 900 dollars to a seller on AliExpress and risk some shady product where, as you said so yourself, there aren't even any actual photos - just renders…
Yes I'll probably wait to buy mine too because I would like to see actual pictures before I make my purchase. I hope they look good 🙏
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2022, 12:51 AM   #6
martinxvan
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 340i xDrive GT

Also, keep in mind foreign and domestic shipping may currently be on backorder and take longer than expected to ship. I had ordered coilovers overseas in Europe and it took forever due to "pandemic and supply/demand". This product looks good on picture, keep in mind its being produced/shipped from China.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2022, 09:56 AM   #7
zjyxq123
Rep
Drives: BMW 3GT

The pictures are not real. China Taobao doesn't have this headlamp
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2022, 04:57 PM   #8
BimmerBren
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by zjyxq123 View Post
The pictures are not real. China Taobao doesn't have this headlamp
Yea they aren't real. They are renderings like I said. The manufacturer told me that he does not have any real photos yet.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2022, 03:52 AM   #9
zjyxq123
Rep

Car owners in China have already installed

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-30-2022, 11:40 AM   #10
BimmerBren
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by zjyxq123 View Post
Wow!! Thank you for those photos!
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2022, 03:56 PM   #11
MOONx02
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 335i GT XDrive (F34)

Would these require special wiring?
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2022, 12:00 PM   #12
BimmerBren
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOONx02 View Post
Would these require special wiring?
I'm not too sure. I think LCI models will be plug and play. I'm not sure if will be LCI will be plug and play.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2022, 01:31 PM   #13
gameson
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 320i N20

If it’s similar to the F30, then LCI is plug and play. Non LCi will have to use the wiring harness that is included in the package
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2022, 01:35 PM   #14
cxmplex
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i GT

Aliexpress / other chinese websites are fine to purchase off, but I wouldn't buy anything that isn't reviewed. As to it being $900, that's probably a good thing (means either you're getting insanely ripped off, or the chinese seller actually secured good manufacturing, not "chinesium" style manufacturing lol). I'd wait for photos of the actual lights (not just one picture of it installed) and reviews though.
      08-02-2022, 07:32 AM   #15
BimmerBren
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cxmplex View Post
Aliexpress / other chinese websites are fine to purchase off, but I wouldn't buy anything that isn't reviewed. As to it being $900, that's probably a good thing (means either you're getting insanely ripped off, or the chinese seller actually secured good manufacturing, not "chinesium" style manufacturing lol). I'd wait for photos of the actual lights (not just one picture of it installed) and reviews though.
Many people have already purchased them. Photos look pretty good in my opinion. There's a red variant and a black/clear variant. I believe the old link I posted doesn't work anymore so here's a new one.

Link: https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_DcQ2nj1

The lights are $550 USD as of today. Many users in the 3/5/6 GT Facebook forum have installed their lights and posted videos. Go check it out!
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2022, 12:46 PM   #16
Oksamit78
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: E39, F30 & F34

I think this is for personal taste since for me these remind the Infinity tail lights - F30 GTS tail lights by Vland have been around for some time. Saw them in person and was not impressed with brightness of those on the road. Not feeling comfortable/safe personally.

Question: Looked through available links and images... I do not see the rear LED fog light in the boot assemblies... Am I not seeing those due to images being dark?
2017 F34 340i XDrive w/ M Sport Pack, Azure II /Black, B58B30M0, Dinan Stage 1

Last edited by Oksamit78; 08-04-2022 at 07:51 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2023, 09:38 AM   #17
Mr.Smartepants
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 320i GT (F34)

Has anyone in THIS forum actually bought these?
If so, can you confirm the presence/absence of the rear fog light? These are mandatory in the EU/UK.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2023, 11:11 AM   #18
BimmerBren
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Smartepants View Post
Has anyone in THIS forum actually bought these?
If so, can you confirm the presence/absence of the rear fog light? These are mandatory in the EU/UK.
Yes, I’m the original poster and yes I have purchased them. The taillights are great and I have no regrets buying them. Since I live in the United States, I’m not sure if the rear fogs work. There is a way for me to cut off the plastic tabs on the existing rear fog light button to make the rear fog lights function in US cars. If I decide to cut off the tabs I will respond to this thread with an update. If you’re looking for actual pictures of the taillights, check out my instagram: bimmerbren
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2023, 08:21 PM   #19
Oksamit78
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: E39, F30 & F34

Quote:
Yes, I’m the original poster and yes I have purchased them. The taillights are great and I have no regrets buying them. Since I live in the United States, I’m not sure if the rear fogs work. There is a way for me to cut off the plastic tabs on the existing rear fog light button to make the rear fog lights function in US cars. If I decide to cut off the tabs I will respond to this thread with an update. If you’re looking for actual pictures of the taillights, check out my instagram: bimmerbren
You will need Bimmercode or similar software to activate the rear fog's functions and not just cutting the tabs.

Would you be able to post good quality pics of the lights you have to show that there is a cluster of LED's for fogs or not? Pls see my earlier post in this thread with pics showing where the OEM LCI boot mounted assemblies have the rear fog light LED cluster.
2017 F34 340i XDrive w/ M Sport Pack, Azure II /Black, B58B30M0, Dinan Stage 1
Appreciate 1
      07-18-2023, 04:42 AM   #20
Mr.Smartepants
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 320i GT (F34)

The video accompanying THIS duplicate of the GTS rear lights shows the rear fog light is actually located with the reversing light instead of the "normal" position.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004635761253.html
Appreciate 1
Oksamit78270.50
      07-26-2023, 03:09 AM   #21
zjyxq123
Rep

On YouTube, there is a video of Taiwanese netizen F35's Dragon Scale Tail Lamp installation. If you have any questions in the forum, you can go and see his installation video first. It is quite troublesome and needs to be changed. A cable needs to be connected between the left and right tail lamps.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2023, 01:45 PM   #22
BimmerBren
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Smartepants View Post
The video accompanying THIS duplicate of the GTS rear lights shows the rear fog light is actually located with the reversing light instead of the "normal" position

So I spent some time and filed down the rear fog button. Also did some BIMMERCODE coding and the fog lights are indeed functional. There are red LEDs behind where the reverse light normally is shown.
Attached Images

Appreciate 5