F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Update Maps on retrofitted NBT EVO
Studio RSR

04-15-2021, 08:55 AM   #1
veyslaurens
Enlisted Member
Belgium
Rep
Drives: F31 320i

Update Maps on retrofitted NBT EVO

Hi,

A couple of months ago I completed the retrofit of an NBT EVO. I had a CIC previously. Everything is working as it should and I'm very happy with it.
It was coded to my car beforehand, I only did the installation.

What doesn't work however is updating the maps. When I plug in the USB in the armrest USB (only working USB) nothing happens.
I tried all the mentioned solutions on here, 64GB FAT32 drive, used different USB sticks, different downloads. It just doesn't want to recognize the update.

Then comes the realization that apparently the NBT2 does have 2 USB's. I don't remember to what USB I connected the cable that runs to the armrest usb. But I hope I don't have to open everything back up for this.
Is there only one port that is able to perform the update?
I really would like to know for sure before I remove all the trim again.
Could I in the meantime connect the USB in the glovebox and use that as a second USB source?

Can someone explain how it is/was all connected? I thought everything was connected to the combox when I had a CIC (USB in glovebox/ USB in the armrest/ aux)
Are USB1 and USB2 on the NBT2 equal in functionality?

I also noticed that I'm not able to connect to the NBT using bimmercode or esys. Any ideas on that as well?

Thanks a lot
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2021, 11:03 AM   #2
mrberry
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 630i

have you got the right file structure when copying over the maps onto the usb. from memory in the root you should have a folder titled 1 as well as a few signature files on the root level

and the issue with bimmercode/esys . did you wire the oadbr connector
/
https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...1676396&page=2
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2021, 12:21 PM   #3
veyslaurens
Enlisted Member
Belgium
Rep
Drives: F31 320i

After unzipping on the USB the file structure is indeed as you described.
Folder "1" and some files.

Oo I wasn't aware that that other connector above the quadlock had to be connected. The ethernet is still in the orIginal quad lock connector, bummer
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2021, 01:33 PM   #4
mrberry
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 630i

on the map side not sure then what else it could be

the oadbr cable if you dont need to make any coding changes it doesn't affect performance or working, its just your not able to code the nbt unit through the odb port untill youve repined the Ethernet connectors to the oadbr
Appreciate 0