F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Andream MMI Box - Wireless CarPlay & Android Auto
Studio RSR

08-18-2020, 04:33 AM   #4247
skalli07
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 318D 2013 M sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by chabzer View Post
can you double check? cause my waze is locked in Carplay audio output mode

Merci mec t'es au top tu l'as mis ou ton boitier stp juste pour info (j'en profite car je sais que t'es fr !)
And do you have pics when you are in reverse mode ?
Thank you very much !
Tu as l’œil ^^, oui je suis français
Je l’ai mis sous le boîtier nbt II y a pas mal de place en retirant le cache tout en bas du nbt, tu en profites pour sortir le câble usb par l ouverture qui tient le cache en plastique sous la radio

Je n’ai pas pris de photo en reverse mode (marche arrière?) si c’est le cas, ça m affiche le radar de recul oem et re bascule sur CarPlay quand je finis la marche arrière
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2020, 04:35 AM   #4248
jamesfawcett
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335D E91

Quote:
Originally Posted by cri5py View Post
I had it installed from a local shop. So I don't know what exactly it is. But the code 2863 let me pass to the upgrade menu. When I tired to update it using ISPBOOOT.BIN said "No GEMINI_PACK.BIN here!"

So I don't know...
I had this same on mine - my unit seems to accept the Andream password 2863 but won't let me flash the software. I am stuck on 2.1.0.5.1.gpe.c

I did however successfully upgrade my MCU to MCU 20.6.18 today - what a difference! My previous version was 20.5.22.18. Steering wheel controls now fully work, even when in maps I can skip tracks, and overall the system is faster.

Large podcast files now happily play, I can jump instantly between apps which I couldn't before. I blamed it on my older iPhone 7 but I now realise my Carplay module just needed an update! Thanks for this thread

I'll continue to watch for more software upgrades, I'll try again as more as released. I just downloaded the latest flash and MCU from an Ali Express seller and can confirm this thread is up to date with the latest.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2020, 05:42 AM   #4249
jamesfawcett
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by i3BEV View Post
Anyone know if ISPBOOOT.BIN can be safely renamed to GEMINI_PACK.BIN?
I tried this - it does not work Still asks for GEMINI_PACK.BIN
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2020, 09:13 AM   #4250
x-m4n
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Gran Turismo (F34)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chabzer View Post
And do you have pics when you are in reverse mode ?
Is a bad picture but see camera view for reference - mine is a third party camera and OEM sensors, the lines there move with the steering wheel and my MMI is from Andream with the most recent mod firmware.

That's the full screen view, ignore that weird black bar from the picture, the image is clear. There is a setting to make it split view but I prefer the full screen option.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-18-2020, 09:52 AM   #4251
muniz_ri
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 320I

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesfawcett View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by i3BEV View Post
Anyone know if ISPBOOOT.BIN can be safely renamed to GEMINI_PACK.BIN?
I tried this - it does not work Still asks for GEMINI_PACK.BIN
GEMINI_PACK.BIN will likely have to be in all caps for the mmi to recognize it on the usb drive.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2020, 10:08 AM   #4252
BimmerLuv1
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW E81

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerLuv1 View Post
Hello @ all,

1. I read most of this thread and it's amazing how active you guys are and try to help each other. Kudos to you!!!

2. Sry für hijacking your F30 forum because I drive an E81

3. My problem....

I drive an E81 120i, Made 2009, Navi CIC Prof with 8,8 screen and I have installed a MMI vom ROAD TOP. I tried to update the SOFTWARE AND MCU with the latest build from the first page of this thread (ROAD TOP CIC).

SOFTWARE updated fine but I can't flash the MCU. It's stuck at this screen "USER UPDATE MCU, WAIT DO NOT POWER OFF". I kept the running for 30 min with this screen but nothing happened. I then forced the MMI to restart with the 5 sec BACK BUTTON press. MCU Version is still the old version.

Anyone an idea on how I can solve this?

Does really nobody has an idea why I can't flash the MCU???
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2020, 11:01 AM   #4253
muniz_ri
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Hello @ all,

1. I read most of this thread and it's amazing how active you guys are and try to help each other. Kudos to you!!!

2. Sry für hijacking your F30 forum because I drive an E81

3. My problem....

I drive an E81 120i, Made 2009, Navi CIC Prof with 8,8 screen and I have installed a MMI vom ROAD TOP. I tried to update the SOFTWARE AND MCU with the latest build from the first page of this thread (ROAD TOP CIC).

SOFTWARE updated fine but I can't flash the MCU. It's stuck at this screen "USER UPDATE MCU, WAIT DO NOT POWER OFF". I kept the running for 30 min with this screen but nothing happened. I then forced the MMI to restart with the 5 sec BACK BUTTON press. MCU Version is still the old version.

Anyone an idea on how I can solve this?

Good probability that your unit is not compatible with any of the mcu files in this thread. You may want to contact your seller for help.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2020, 11:02 AM   #4254
eduwinner
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d F30 M

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-m4n View Post
Is a bad picture but see camera view for reference - mine is a third party camera and OEM sensors, the lines there move with the steering wheel and my MMI is from Andream with the most recent mod firmware.

That's the full screen view, ignore that weird black bar from the picture, the image is clear. There is a setting to make it split view but I prefer the full screen option.

Did you cut any cable from the rear camera to have the lines moving with the steering wheel?

I enabled the option in MMI and lines appear but they don't move.

I'm using:
- Bimmertech MCU 10.6.18.21
- Custom firmware v2.0.M0.mod
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2020, 11:43 AM   #4255
Firefly1337
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: F20 M135i LCI

Quote:
Have you tried using a different usb flash drive? Not all are compatible with the MMI.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2020, 01:32 PM   #4256
vennids
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 5

Quote:
First time I updated mine got stuck the same way. Restarted it holding the back button and the next update worked.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2020, 02:21 PM   #4257
x-m4n
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eduwinner View Post
Did you cut any cable from the rear camera to have the lines moving with the steering wheel?
No, installed it a while ago but I the cam had an RCA plug and another one was the power...

Only suggestion would be to check on/off pins, cables pushed properly and the MMI settings.
Appreciate 1
      08-18-2020, 05:08 PM   #4258
Besty78
Private
Rep
Drives: Bmw f30 330d

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-m4n View Post
Quote:
No, installed it a while ago but I the cam had an RCA plug and another one was the power...

Only suggestion would be to check on/off pins, cables pushed properly and the MMI settings.
that feature can also depend on the camera , not all of them have it , mine had the static lines so i cut the green on the RCA to remove them
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2020, 05:50 PM   #4259
skittletop
Rep
Drives: BMW i3 REX

I've been in contact with the aliexpress person I got my B unit from. I asked if there was a widescreen firmware, they sent me this:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cPs...ew?usp=sharing

Which was no good to me as it's for an A unit. If a mod wants to add to the first page for completeness.

I'm assuming this is the same as the andream AA widescreen fix release, only with RoadTop id.

Does anyone have a RoadTop firmware for a B unit? As I'd like to know I can successfully flash my unit with a known good working firmware.
Appreciate 1
      08-18-2020, 08:58 PM   #4260
etnsandman
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5 Competition

Thanks to all the work done on the custom versions. Loving the most recent version. I’m a wireless Android Auto user. The auto connect is so great. I still have an echo, but life is great other wise. Really makes my M5 feel perfect.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2020, 10:21 PM   #4261
muniz_ri
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by etnsandman View Post
Thanks to all the work done on the custom versions. Loving the most recent version. I’m a wireless Android Auto user. The auto connect is so great. I still have an echo, but life is great other wise. Really makes my M5 feel perfect.
Custom v2 uses the oem bluetooth connection so it shouldn't have any echo. Make certain that you are connected to the oem bluetooth.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2020, 03:10 AM   #4262
Len_Beach
Major
Rep
Drives: 435d

Quote:
Originally Posted by muniz_ri View Post
Quote:
Custom v2 uses the oem bluetooth connection so it shouldn't have any echo. Make certain that you are connected to the oem bluetooth.
I've not been on the thread for a little while, great to see the work done on the custom firmware!

What's the behaviour when using CarPlay and routing calls through the OEM headunit?

Can I still use Siri etc on the unit but the call will flip to the OE BT before coming back to the MMI?
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2020, 03:22 AM   #4263
x-m4n
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len_Beach View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks to all the work done on the custom versions. Loving the most recent version. I'm a wireless Android Auto user. The auto connect is so great. I still have an echo, but life is great other wise. Really makes my M5 feel perfect.
I've not been on the thread for a little while, great to see the work done on the custom firmware!

What's the behaviour when using CarPlay and routing calls through the OEM headunit?

Can I still use Siri etc on the unit but the call will flip to the OE BT before coming back to the MMI?
I think that's an Android Auto sort of behaviour.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2020, 03:45 AM   #4264
bmtechm2
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Hi, I updated to custom firmware, but i'm with some bug on android auto. I tried connect, but it remains black screen... anyone with same problem?
Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2020, 04:51 AM   #4265
eduwinner
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmtechm2 View Post
Hi, I updated to custom firmware, but i'm with some bug on android auto. I tried connect, but it remains black screen... anyone with same problem?
Thanks.
try to restart the MMI pushing "Back Button" on idrive during 5 or 6 seconds
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2020, 05:01 AM   #4266
eduwinner
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Besty78 View Post
that feature can also depend on the camera , not all of them have it , mine had the static lines so i cut the green on the RCA to remove them
I have the one from Andream shop:

https://www.android-car-dvd.com/coll...31283405488264

I can turn off the parking lines from MMI configuration but, when I turn the parking lines on, they don't move.

Are you able to see the parking lines moving after cutting the green cable?
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2020, 05:44 AM   #4267
jamesfawcett
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
GEMINI_PACK.BIN will likely have to be in all caps for the mmi to recognize it on the usb drive.
Tested that too - still the same warning unfortunately, thanks for your suggestion.

On another note, I wired in my £11.50 (inc P&P) ebay boot handle reversing camera and its all working perfectly!
Appreciate 1
x-m4n148.00
      08-19-2020, 05:45 AM   #4268
jamesfawcett
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I have the one from Andream shop:

https://www.android-car-dvd.com/coll...31283405488264

I can turn off the parking lines from MMI configuration but, when I turn the parking lines on, they don't move.

Are you able to see the parking lines moving after cutting the green cable?
I have this one, all working, the camera came with instructions of which wire colours to cut to disable the lines, but the wires seem to be internal: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170-Rever...97.m4902.l9144
Appreciate 1