F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest > Service experience -- Arizona
proTUNING Freaks

07-13-2017, 11:52 AM   #1
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

Service experience -- Arizona

I have what is now a one year old fully loaded 2016 330e purchased new from BMW North Scottsdale.

I had a number of problems that caused the car to be in the shop for more time than I thought was appropriate for a new car in its first year. My service manager at BMW North Scottsdale, Logan Carter, helped me work through issues with BMWNA to a satisfactory resolution. In addition, the dealership always provided me with a loaner...x3, x5 320i and most recently a 330i.

More recently a problem occurred that was my fault. My service advisor, Ron Davis, took splendid care of me.

All told, I have been very pleased with the service I have received to date at BMW North Scottsdale and from Ron Davis. I have read posts, not involving BMW North Scottsdale, where persons are not provided loaners, are provided inferior econoboxes, or must make appointments days or weeks out to get a loaner.

Here I have driven straight to BMW North Scottsdale when problems occurred, without an appointment, and they have taken the car in immediately and provided me with a loaner each time. That is the way a luxury car dealer should operate but as noted, based on other's postings, that is not the way all BMW dealers do operate.

One change that was recently posted there: instead of requiring that a customer return the loaner with a full tank of gas, they are charging a flat $20 charge for each loaner and will not require that the customer gas up and will also cover windshield damage if it happens. I am not sure how that will compare for me but I actually like not having to stop at a gas station before returning the car. On some occasions it might save me money, on others cost me money but either way the convenience is worth it to me.

All told, to date I have been very pleased with my experience there.

Steve

Last edited by SteveinArizona; 07-14-2017 at 04:16 PM.. Reason: clarify my intent
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2017, 12:15 PM   #2
Mr. Tasty
Captain
Rep
Drives: AW 335i Mperformance

I have heard of that BMW North Scottsdale is a headache to deal with, but I recently purchased a CPO 2014 335i from them. No issues whatsoever and every person I met there was awesome.
Appreciate 0