F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > VRSF Intercooler Install Issue
proTUNING Freaks
Closed Thread

07-09-2018, 09:18 AM   #23
wdeerfield
A family of bimmers
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 G01 X3M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemigo13 View Post
some pliers and hammering and "quality" VRSF product will fit your bmw guys, BMWs are not cheap china made cars, spend some extra and get quality products like wagner, next time VRSF will send you intercooler from golf mk4 with manual how to fit it in F30 with some pliers and hammer
yea. great customer service to tell me to fix their mistake instead of them fixing their mistake themselves by sending me a new intercooler.

their own website states:
Quote:
About Us
Our goal at VRSF is to offer the utmost in quality for the most affordable price. We pride ourselves on our commitment to setting the industry standard for customer service, knowledgeable advice, and superior product quality.
      07-09-2018, 06:47 PM   #24
ceedawg
Major
Rep
Drives: 2k15 335i xdrive MSport 6spd

Sad sad sad!! Glad I got my Wagner! No install issues at all and made and produced in Germany.
      07-10-2018, 05:21 PM   #25
Tiago@VRSF
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdeerfield View Post
yea. great customer service to tell me to fix their mistake instead of them fixing their mistake themselves by sending me a new intercooler.

their own website states:
Well this spiraled out of control quickly. This issue can be fixed very easily on your own but I'd be more than happy to replace the unit if you're dissatisfied. Just e-mail us your order number & we'll be happy to help.

Just to clear up some confusion, this is a simple issue in relation to the retaining tabs on the fan shroud. It's not a critical component nor will it affect performance, cooling or power.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2018, 07:54 PM   #26
rphz
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 F32 435xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiago@VRSF View Post
Just to clear up some confusion, this is a simple issue in relation to the retaining tabs on the fan shroud. It's not a critical component nor will it affect performance, cooling or power.
Sure, but unless you know this and/or have read this post, you would never know. And since a lot of the people buying your products are installing them for the first time, this will likely cause issues, confusion, and a lot of wasted time. If anything, ship your products with a bulletin that states these issues so people know what they are getting into when they open the box.
Appreciate 2
sspade2460.00
      07-10-2018, 08:04 PM   #27
Tiago@VRSF
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rphz View Post
Sure, but unless you know this and/or have read this post, you would never know. And since a lot of the people buying your products are installing them for the first time, this will likely cause issues, confusion, and a lot of wasted time. If anything, ship your products with a bulletin that states these issues so people know what they are getting into when they open the box.
I completely understand but please keep in mind less than 30 kits out of the 600 we've sold are affected by this issue.

Even though it's a small percentage, I'll make sure our guys go through our inventory and get this rectified.
Appreciate 2
      07-14-2018, 07:03 PM   #28
Siriso
Rep
Drives: 16' EB M235I

Damn, I must be one of the lucky 30, mine has the wrong tabs as well.
On top of that it came with multiple damaged fins even though it seemed to be packed well.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
sspade2460.00
      07-14-2018, 08:04 PM   #29
FastF30
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i xdrive Msport Mbrake

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siriso View Post
On top of that it came with multiple damaged fins even though it seemed to be packed well.

Lol... honestly those damaged fins are nothing... I would except it no problem with the fins like that..... just bend'em back if it bothers you...
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2018, 08:21 PM   #30
Siriso
Rep
Drives: 16' EB M235I

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastF30 View Post
Quote:

Lol... honestly those damaged fins are nothing... I would except it no problem with the fins like that..... just bend'em back if it bothers you...
I'll assume you're missing the point in the thread...
It's not the fact they're bent, it's someone put it in the box between two very large thick pieces of styrofoam that way and didn't care to quality control it at any given point. I understand there's only one area that looks like actual puncture damage and this will happen while on the car given the parts location. Having to modify tabs isn't even a huge deal to me as I enjoy modifying most mechanical products I purchase. However, I'm not everyone and these issues shouldn't be swept under a rug because it's an "easy fix".

Btw the intercooler is on the car and is secure enough I'm not worried about it, it functions as intended.
Appreciate 3
sspade2460.00
ceedawg466.00
      07-14-2018, 08:52 PM   #31
FastF30
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i xdrive Msport Mbrake

Garage List
Quote:
Btw the intercooler is on the car and is secure enough I'm not worried about it, it functions as intended.
I see your point most definitely and good you bring it up so they take care in the future... just saying to me it wouldn't be worth sending back for that...

Glad to hear it's functioning correctly ... just drove mine again with it's new FMIC and I'm all grins...

P.s. it's almost impossible to puncture it... the fins just only radiate the heat.. the air is in what looks like the thick bars...
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2018, 09:59 AM   #32
Tiago@VRSF
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I'll assume you're missing the point in the thread...
It's not the fact they're bent, it's someone put it in the box between two very large thick pieces of styrofoam that way and didn't care to quality control it at any given point. I understand there's only one area that looks like actual puncture damage and this will happen while on the car given the parts location. Having to modify tabs isn't even a huge deal to me as I enjoy modifying most mechanical products I purchase. However, I'm not everyone and these issues shouldn't be swept under a rug because it's an "easy fix".

We would have more than happy to replace the unit for you if you weren't satisfied with the fins. Even though these are well packaged, FedEx still does a number on them which can cause additional damage.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread