F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes > Where can I get springs installed in MI, OH?
European Auto Source (EAS)
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-23-2014, 11:33 PM   #1
bahasad
Major
bahasad's Avatar
United_States
299
Rep
1,499
Posts

Drives: F30, E90
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Somewhereinamerica

iTrader: (4)

Where can I get springs installed in MI, OH?

Anywhere around here?
Bought dinan springs and need to get them installed.
__________________
Current: 17 Mustang GT no bmw
Gone but not forgotten: 07 E90 335I, 04 UA6, 95 E36, 04 EP3, 16 S550 EB, 14 F30 328I Stg 1, 08 E90 328I
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2014, 04:26 PM   #2
drob23
Lieutenant Colonel
drob23's Avatar
United_States
43
Rep
1,734
Posts

Drives: S4
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Michigan

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahasad View Post
Anywhere around here?
Bought dinan springs and need to get them installed.
I personally hate the markup of all the shops in this area. But I know a lot of the guys at the BMW motorcity event I did recommended VR performance for BMW work.

I personally love this guy out in Windsor, Ray from rayzer automotive. He's done tons of work on my S4 including springs. I fully trust him and never feel liked I'm getting milked. He's done work on a few friends cars, including some pretty technical jobs. He charged me around 4 hr of labor for the install if I recall correctly.
__________________
UNDRSTR
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2014, 08:04 PM   #3
bahasad
Major
bahasad's Avatar
United_States
299
Rep
1,499
Posts

Drives: F30, E90
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Somewhereinamerica

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drob23 View Post
I personally hate the markup of all the shops in this area. But I know a lot of the guys at the BMW motorcity event I did recommended VR performance for BMW work.

I personally love this guy out in Windsor, Ray from rayzer automotive. He's done tons of work on my S4 including springs. I fully trust him and never feel liked I'm getting milked. He's done work on a few friends cars, including some pretty technical jobs. He charged me around 4 hr of labor for the install if I recall correctly.
Wow that's perfect - I will get in touch with Ray and if needed make the trip across the border. I got in contact with one place that wanted to charge me $600. I have a list of places I want to call and get these installed ASAP

I just want a fair low-ish number. On the east coast, I had springs installed on my E90 for less than $300.
__________________
Current: 17 Mustang GT no bmw
Gone but not forgotten: 07 E90 335I, 04 UA6, 95 E36, 04 EP3, 16 S550 EB, 14 F30 328I Stg 1, 08 E90 328I
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2014, 10:59 PM   #4
drob23
Lieutenant Colonel
drob23's Avatar
United_States
43
Rep
1,734
Posts

Drives: S4
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Michigan

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahasad View Post
Wow that's perfect - I will get in touch with Ray and if needed make the trip across the border. I got in contact with one place that wanted to charge me $600. I have a list of places I want to call and get these installed ASAP

I just want a fair low-ish number. On the east coast, I had springs installed on my E90 for less than $300.
Yea I don't get it, but seems like every shop around here wants to ream you with a German car. Almost like you have to be some rich douche if you don't drive 'murican. Ray is legit, you'll really like him, just slightly inconvenient.
__________________
UNDRSTR
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2014, 05:30 PM   #5
rkethe
New Member
2
Rep
9
Posts

Drives: '14 335i xDrive
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Rochester Hills, MI

iTrader: (0)

WOW! Small world.

I too live in Rochester Hills and am looking for a Dinan Sport Spring install.

I have an '14 335I xDrive / MSport / non-DHP. I already possess the Springs, they came Thursday. I was thinking about DIY, but man it just got COLD out! I'd be doing it out of my residential garage with hand tools and floor jacks, (not too bad when it's summer, but it was snowing on Halloween!).

Anyway, I'm willing to pay a reasonable amount ($250-$400) for a Independent shop to knock it out. I would be willing to travel (a little), 250 miles max. Any recommendations?

If I can't find a shop, I'll probably just hold out, fingers crossed, for one more 50 degree + day.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2015, 11:13 AM   #6
samhatti
Enlisted Member
8
Rep
34
Posts

Drives: bmw 435i M-Sport
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Detroit

iTrader: (0)

I live in Northville. I can do it for you guys. Ive lowered all my vehicles from SLK55, C300, M3, z4m, 335i, 745i. List goes on and on.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:13 AM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST