F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Experience with 10.25" android 7.1 HU's
ARMA SPEED

09-09-2019, 10:46 AM   #2751
smahel
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: MINI Cooper, 2020 X1

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by freddy_kruger View Post
I didn't found any prerooted rom for 7.1 Unit
Do you have link to download ?
Thank you
Look at it

Last edited by smahel; 10-18-2023 at 01:32 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2019, 11:29 AM   #2752
seanos10
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 M Sport

Hi guys, I have a strange problem where my headunit died (Bluetooth, IDrive Radio etc) and didn't come back to like until I removed the HU power splitter for powering the Android screen and plugged the original BMW HU power and optic cable back into the Headunit and then Radio BT and original IDrive screen started working again but this means I can no longer use my Android screen.

I requested another power cable from uGode assuming it was the issue but the new cable didn't work either and radio BT and Idrive screen are wtill still not working

Does anyone have any idea what the issue could be? Reverted back to removing screen and all Android cables.

Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2019, 11:43 AM   #2753
Pondaire
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafaelSorel View Post
Actually I have seen many mountings that goes above the right windows underneath the trim, this is actually very dangerous , as there is the lateral airbag over there and nothing must be fixed above it (BMW documentation said so !).
Glad to hear you were able to get the camera working.
I have routed it through the top trims, and you can actually use the current harness that goes through it in order to prevent it from conflicting with the air bags.
That being said, even if you were to route it over the airbags, the pressure from the air bag would break the wire in two. I'm not going to test it, but I wouldn't be so concerned about it either.
Appreciate 1
      09-10-2019, 08:19 AM   #2754
cederron
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW F33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kri View Post
Can you give a little bit more information about your HU, maybe we find out why your does this

can you share a screenshot of your system information screen ?

have you got OS updates from your vendor ? or even better, MCU update file ?

Chri
I managed to get it on video. The car had been off for +5 hours while I was working.

A quick progress bar can be seen and it takes almost nothing to have Android running.

Sometimes the unit does a regular boot and was asking if anyone knows why sometimes it's quick and sometimes a regular boot ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWkzdT11WNk

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-10-2019, 08:35 AM   #2755
ryan1982
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Bmw 320d G20 2019

Hi, I can see a lot has been discussed on this thread, i'm thinking of upgrading my F30 as right now I have a basic 6.5" screen with minimal functionality. No combox etc.

So I am thinking of buying one of these https://www.android-car-dvd.com/coll...ad-unit-idrive

I was wondering if someone could provide advice on which one I should get or if I should buy from somewhere else? I am planning on doing the installation myself. All help is appreciated. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2019, 10:51 AM   #2756
koutsouk
Private First Class
Greece
Rep
Drives: BMW E60

Quote:
Originally Posted by cederron View Post
I managed to get it on video. The car had been off for +5 hours while I was working.

A quick progress bar can be seen and it takes almost nothing to have Android running.

Sometimes the unit does a regular boot and was asking if anyone knows why sometimes it's quick and sometimes a regular boot ?

The only think that i have is that your unit has power all the time and it hibernates after some time.
So when NBT sends power again to the screen it goes of the hibernation status.
I am wondering if your car is " sleeping " or it is in standby mode .
Did you have any battery issues in the recent past?

Do you have in factory settings any menu enabled that lets the android in standby?
Can you please share some photos from factory settings ?
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2019, 11:54 AM   #2757
Kri
Major
Austria
Rep
Drives: E87

Quote:

Thanks for the Movie.

indeed it`s looking great
but i noticed one thing, at sec 13 you opened the Car, and the UI is finished loading at sec 33, so excactly the 20 seconds which does a PX6 with Android 8.1 unit normally has loading time.
it may be a coincidence so we need to check this

So just to be sure its really booting instand, and not already when you unlock the car please go to the car unlock it and start the ignition as fast as you can.

thats to check if you HU is in some kind of "standby" or if you HU does already start when you unlock the car -> Power 30G is on.

but anyway its interesting that it does start before.

please also test the following.

1st, let the HU boot normally, then power the car down, and within 20 seconds power it on again -> the HU should not have been powered down so the GUI ist still alive like instant on.

2nd, let the HU boot normally, then power the car down and wait at least 2 minutes, do not lock the car, only power down.
after the two minutes power it on again, now the Android HU should power up the normal "slow" way.

3rd if it is still fast booting, perform the same but wait at least 15 minutes, to check if the HU has a longer shutdown wait period.

Chri
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2019, 05:07 PM   #2758
cederron
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
1st, let the HU boot normally, then power the car down, and within 20 seconds power it on again -> the HU should not have been powered down so the GUI ist still alive like instant on.
It behaves like other units, the unit remains alive and starts right away. The quick progress bar seen in my video is not shown. It's just a screen power on.

Quote:
2nd, let the HU boot normally, then power the car down and wait at least 2 minutes, do not lock the car, only power down.
after the two minutes power it on again, now the Android HU should power up the normal "slow" way.

3rd if it is still fast booting, perform the same but wait at least 15 minutes, to check if the HU has a longer shutdown wait period.

Chri
I dont see too much point in these tests since the video I posted was with the car parked for more than 5 hours while I was working. It also does 'quick boots' after all the weekend parked.

Its just sometimes does a 'normal' boot and I dont know why, not something that bothers me too much, just curious.

I don't know about the unit being silently powered when unlocking the car, I dont think its the case, but might try to test it.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2019, 01:21 AM   #2759
freddy_kruger
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by smahel View Post
Look at it
Thank you smahel , the file is IMG so i put it on sdcard and proceed as usual .right ?
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2019, 03:05 AM   #2760
smahel
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: MINI Cooper, 2020 X1

Garage List
Yes
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2019, 06:16 PM   #2761
Pondaire
Private
Rep

Quote:
It behaves like other units, the unit remains alive and starts right away. The quick progress bar seen in my video is not shown. It's just a screen power on.
Mine does the exact same.
It's interesting because it seems like after being off for hours, the display starts right away when I get in the car (as long as it was unlocked a few seconds ago with the remote).
However, sometimes after 5 min of powering off the car it shuts off entirely.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2019, 01:57 PM   #2762
Pondaire
Private
Rep

I haven't been able to find any info on viper4android on these specific units. Is it possible, and if so, how do you install it? Manually, Flashfire, magisk..
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2019, 06:04 AM   #2763
cederron
Private First Class
Rep

How the do you do Split screen on 8.1 units?
In 7.1 was easy, just drag the app to the side in recent apps views,
but doesn't work in 8.1
Also tried holding the recent apps button, moving the pip view to multiple places, holding the app in recent apps view... nothing

Note I'm asking for split screen, not pip (picture in picture)
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2019, 08:21 AM   #2764
Svenson
Private
Rep
Drives: F11 530d

Install the "Split Screen Shortcut" App from Play Store.
Then you have the split screen back.
Appreciate 1
      09-16-2019, 09:46 AM   #2765
machman767
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320i M Sport+

Not really relevant but I've just discovered this feature on my 9.0 Avin, just put my finger near the name of the app and a grey panel appears on the left side, drag the app and then have two apps open. Now, grandmother, have you got some eggs......
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2019, 02:51 AM   #2766
Ericokta
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW f20 LCI

Hi hi all
Need your help urgently
This is my machine

I m experiencing this issue.
Cant load my system

Please advice what can i do....

Last edited by Ericokta; 09-23-2019 at 02:59 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2019, 05:11 AM   #2767
seanos10
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericokta View Post
Hi hi all
Need your help urgently
This is my machine

I m experiencing this issue.
Cant load my system

Please advice what can i do....
Have you tried clearing play services data and relogging?
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2019, 05:26 AM   #2768
Ericokta
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW f20 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanos10 View Post
Have you tried clearing play services data and relogging?
How do i go about doing it
I keep resetting back into factory default, still the issue comes back.

Is there any file i can download to reformat everything??
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2019, 12:47 PM   #2769
TooYoungForMerc
Finland
Rep
Drives: F30 and G30

Is there ID7 firmware available for these px3 7.1 units?
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2019, 06:52 AM   #2770
Evano
Rep
Drives: M240i

I installed reverse camera & it works perfectly but was wondering if it's possible to have it activate while driving forward in dvr mode?

Also interested in ID7 firmware update for 7.1 units if anyone has link or managed to do this?
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2019, 11:26 AM   #2771
Pondaire
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evano View Post
I installed reverse camera & it works perfectly but was wondering if it's possible to have it activate while driving forward in dvr mode?
It depends on how you wired it. If it's wired through the backup camera 12V wire from the headunit, you won't be able to. This headunit only kicks in the 12V when your backup gear is engaged.

If you have it as always on through some other 12V wire, this is feasible.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2019, 08:11 AM   #2772
dodgePT
Rep
Drives: BMW F20 2013

Hi guys, great info in here!

I've ordered one of these android units (the so called PX6) for my 2013 F20 to upgrade the WinCE one I installed five years ago. Yeah, I'm one of those lucky guys without iDrive...
Fortunately these units work perfectly on a non-iDrive BMW, the thing is, the chinese don't make the "pseudo-iDrive-controller" for my head unit, only for X1 and other older models.
They told me they thought all F20s had iDrive.

So I was thinking, the unit I ordered must be a "NBT" unit, since I believe BMW went from CIC to NBT around 2012, is that correct?
The iDrive controller is just another device on the CAN network, so what would happen if I bought an used iDrive controller, fed it 12v from the lighter nearby and then tapped the CAN-H and CAN-L on the radio harness.

Do you think the chinese HU would detect the controller signals?
Thanks for your help, cheers!

Last edited by dodgePT; 10-01-2019 at 08:32 AM..
Appreciate 0