F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Photography/Videography > Canon 6D vs 5D Mark III
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-19-2015, 06:24 PM   #67
BMW F22
Major General
BMW F22's Avatar
United_States
1633
Rep
9,579
Posts

Drives: ///M235i
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
Appreciate the PM, by the way. It's my understanding that there's no difference between a gray market and a US model, apart from the warranty. So if you keep it for a year, and sell it, it should not matter to potential buyers.
True. Hence I bit the bullet and bought one. Lol
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2015, 06:54 PM   #68
P1et
Major General
P1et's Avatar
United_States
5895
Rep
9,126
Posts

Drives: my wife's cars
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Texas

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW F22 View Post
True. Hence I bit the bullet and bought one. Lol
You bought the $1,999 one? Let me know once you get it!
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2015, 07:37 PM   #69
BMW F22
Major General
BMW F22's Avatar
United_States
1633
Rep
9,579
Posts

Drives: ///M235i
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
You bought the $1,999 one? Let me know once you get it!
You wanna buy it? Lol
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2015, 08:32 PM   #70
P1et
Major General
P1et's Avatar
United_States
5895
Rep
9,126
Posts

Drives: my wife's cars
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Texas

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW F22 View Post
You wanna buy it? Lol
No no. I want to know if that seller and a grey market copy is legit.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2015, 08:52 PM   #71
BMW F22
Major General
BMW F22's Avatar
United_States
1633
Rep
9,579
Posts

Drives: ///M235i
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
No no. I want to know if that seller and a grey market copy is legit.
I know he's legit. They have been around for a long time. I don't mind grey market. I was more a bit apprehensive about the warranty card but people were right, after a year it doesn't make any difference (at least not much).
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2015, 09:32 PM   #72
P1et
Major General
P1et's Avatar
United_States
5895
Rep
9,126
Posts

Drives: my wife's cars
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Texas

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW F22 View Post
I know he's legit. They have been around for a long time. I don't mind grey market. I was more a bit apprehensive about the warranty card but people were right, after a year it doesn't make any difference (at least not much).
If a non-gray market version drops to $1,999 I shall buy.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2015, 01:20 PM   #73
P1et
Major General
P1et's Avatar
United_States
5895
Rep
9,126
Posts

Drives: my wife's cars
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Texas

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW F22 View Post
I know he's legit. They have been around for a long time. I don't mind grey market. I was more a bit apprehensive about the warranty card but people were right, after a year it doesn't make any difference (at least not much).
Did you get yours yet? It looks like the deal is back again.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2015, 01:40 PM   #74
BMW F22
Major General
BMW F22's Avatar
United_States
1633
Rep
9,579
Posts

Drives: ///M235i
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
Did you get yours yet? It looks like the deal is back again.
Not yet- shipping delay due to weather on the E Coast. I'm not in a hurry so it's okay with me.

Edit: just got notification that it was shipped today. Should be here by end of week.

Last edited by BMW F22; 02-23-2015 at 05:29 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2015, 11:12 AM   #75
P1et
Major General
P1et's Avatar
United_States
5895
Rep
9,126
Posts

Drives: my wife's cars
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Texas

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW F22 View Post
Not yet- shipping delay due to weather on the E Coast. I'm not in a hurry so it's okay with me.

Edit: just got notification that it was shipped today. Should be here by end of week.
Alright, good progress. Keep us posted mate.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2015, 08:08 PM   #76
90c4
Second Lieutenant
44
Rep
279
Posts

Drives: 2009 335i xdrive coupe
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Boston

iTrader: (0)

It's been widely reported that Canon doesn't refuse warranty service on cameras bought from non-authorized dealers, so I wouldn't hesitate to buy a grey market camera. This deal is currently not active, however - I think the price jumped back up $250 a few days ago.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2015, 10:50 PM   #77
P1et
Major General
P1et's Avatar
United_States
5895
Rep
9,126
Posts

Drives: my wife's cars
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Texas

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90c4 View Post
It's been widely reported that Canon doesn't refuse warranty service on cameras bought from non-authorized dealers, so I wouldn't hesitate to buy a grey market camera. This deal is currently not active, however - I think the price jumped back up $250 a few days ago.
It's active again...
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2015, 12:02 AM   #78
BMW F22
Major General
BMW F22's Avatar
United_States
1633
Rep
9,579
Posts

Drives: ///M235i
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
It's active again...
Right. Different seller but yes, you are correct.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2015, 09:56 AM   #79
P1et
Major General
P1et's Avatar
United_States
5895
Rep
9,126
Posts

Drives: my wife's cars
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Texas

iTrader: (1)

Looks like it's $1,949 now!
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2015, 10:40 AM   #80
BMW F22
Major General
BMW F22's Avatar
United_States
1633
Rep
9,579
Posts

Drives: ///M235i
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
Looks like it's $1,949 now!
Lol. Not sure if there is still a promo for ebay bucks. With the original deal, you get $100 in ebay bucks. If you can get $50 in ebay bucks with this deal then it's all a wash.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2015, 10:44 AM   #81
P1et
Major General
P1et's Avatar
United_States
5895
Rep
9,126
Posts

Drives: my wife's cars
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Texas

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW F22 View Post
Lol. Not sure if there is still a promo for ebay bucks. With the original deal, you get $100 in ebay bucks. If you can get $50 in ebay bucks with this deal then it's all a wash.
What are eBay bucks?
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2015, 09:10 AM   #82
P1et
Major General
P1et's Avatar
United_States
5895
Rep
9,126
Posts

Drives: my wife's cars
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Texas

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW F22 View Post
Lol. Not sure if there is still a promo for ebay bucks. With the original deal, you get $100 in ebay bucks. If you can get $50 in ebay bucks with this deal then it's all a wash.
How is the camera?
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2015, 10:22 AM   #83
BMW F22
Major General
BMW F22's Avatar
United_States
1633
Rep
9,579
Posts

Drives: ///M235i
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
How is the camera?
They tried delivering it but I wasn't home. Lol
I was hoping to have it on hold at the office but they said a direct signature is needed so they can't hold it. Besides, the office closes before the driver gets back. If this was UPS it would have been easier; FedEx Ground seems strict.

My brother should be home today so he can sign for it.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2015, 12:15 PM   #84
P1et
Major General
P1et's Avatar
United_States
5895
Rep
9,126
Posts

Drives: my wife's cars
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Texas

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW F22 View Post
They tried delivering it but I wasn't home. Lol
I was hoping to have it on hold at the office but they said a direct signature is needed so they can't hold it. Besides, the office closes before the driver gets back. If this was UPS it would have been easier; FedEx Ground seems strict.

My brother should be home today so he can sign for it.
Sounds good, we're making progress here.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2015, 09:11 PM   #85
BMW F22
Major General
BMW F22's Avatar
United_States
1633
Rep
9,579
Posts

Drives: ///M235i
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (8)

Picked it up today. Looks fine...
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2015, 06:41 PM   #86
P1et
Major General
P1et's Avatar
United_States
5895
Rep
9,126
Posts

Drives: my wife's cars
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Texas

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW F22 View Post
Picked it up today. Looks fine...
How about that warranty? Did you get a USA warranty card? Upload some photos of the camera, and a few initial shots. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2015, 09:43 PM   #87
BMW F22
Major General
BMW F22's Avatar
United_States
1633
Rep
9,579
Posts

Drives: ///M235i
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (8)

No warranty card. I know some that bought from bigvalueinc got them though. And no pix because it's too much work and i am lazy.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2015, 01:56 PM   #88
P1et
Major General
P1et's Avatar
United_States
5895
Rep
9,126
Posts

Drives: my wife's cars
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Texas

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW F22 View Post
No warranty card. I know some that bought from bigvalueinc got them though. And no pix because it's too much work and i am lazy.
How are you liking it so far?
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:07 PM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST