F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > B58 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > BMW Fxx/Gxx B58 OBD Flashing is now supported by mFlasher
Extreme Powerhouse

Yesterday, 07:03 AM   #705
B58togo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemigo13 View Post
transmission flash will convert 8HP into internal combustion engine-transmission which uses ATF as a fuel when you floor it. You will need just to add ATF more often, that's the only drawback.

P.S. dumb question (how much hp will add transmission flash) - dumb answer.
But you’re the one who answered the dumb question with a figure of “+30 HP easily”.

Circling The Drain didn’t ask you how much hp the transmission flash would add.

He asked you “how exactly does a transmission generate power”. And then you read the subsequent posts, started feverishly googling topics like “internal combustion” and “can a transmission make power” and you realized that it cannot.
      Yesterday, 08:19 AM   #706
enemigo13
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 335xi

really? even dog understands that transmission cannot generate power, I wrote "+30hp easily" and yes, few of the "smartest" guys here chimed in
I bet if someone would ask how much hp would add ///M badge and I would answer "15 at least" some very "smart" guy like you would come and tell that I googled and found that ///M badge cannot add power?

Quote:
Originally Posted by B58togo View Post
But you’re the one who answered the dumb question with a figure of “+30 HP easily”.

Circling The Drain didn’t ask you how much hp the transmission flash would add.

He asked you “how exactly does a transmission generate power”. And then you read the subsequent posts, started feverishly googling topics like “internal combustion” and “can a transmission make power” and you realized that it cannot.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 09:20 AM   #707
GT500R
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40i

You guys are funny , but I think what rahlow meant was what limitations will be lifted with a trans tune to get power/torque where it should be without stock limitations, not what additional power will it make (and I think it is just tq that will be "less" limited and not hp)

MP Stage 2 Tune Only - 12.380@110.02 +301 DA - NH Dragway
MP Stage 2 Tune Only - 12.362@111.74 +0 DA - Atco Dragway
2007 Shelby GT500
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 11:26 AM   #708
j1980mac
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i

The question would be what blinker fluid makes the most HP?
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 11:39 AM   #709
eksigned
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 440i

I once read somewhere that a similar flash allows for more slipping of the transmission? More wear and tear on the internals? Can someone offer some insight?
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 01:15 PM   #710
rahlow
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT500R View Post
You guys are funny , but I think what rahlow meant was what limitations will be lifted with a trans tune to get power/torque where it should be without stock limitations, not what additional power will it make (and I think it is just tq that will be "less" limited and not hp)
Thank you GT500 for correcting my question. Screw the rest of you mean ass BMW drivers. Just trying to gauge how much faster the car is likely to be after the flash is done.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 03:01 PM   #711
nikman011
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 m240i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahlow View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT500R View Post
Thank you GT500 for correcting my question. Screw the rest of you mean ass BMW drivers. Just trying to gauge how much faster the car is likely to be after the flash is done.
Fast ++
Appreciate 0
      Today, 05:14 AM   #712
N420i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 420i lightly modded

Quote:
Originally Posted by eksigned View Post
I once read somewhere that a similar flash allows for more slipping of the transmission? More wear and tear on the internals? Can someone offer some insight?
Not sure how much slipping can be electronically controlled on a torque converter tranny, but in today's world of electronically controlled parking brakes, who knows...

I do know however that the dual-cluth trannys such as DSG can be reprogrammed to both up the hydraulic pressure so the clutch packs grab harder and faster, and for the shifts to happen faster as well as allowing more cluth slip when launching. It doesn't kill the transmission straight away, but it does wear out faster, specially the clutch packs.
Appreciate 0