F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > BMW F30 Steering Wheel
Studio RSR

06-05-2018, 04:19 PM   #1
Korpraali
Finland
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 335i x-Drive

BMW F30 Steering Wheel

Hello! And first I have to say, sorry my bad english, hope you understand what I'm saying.

So, I have BMW F30 335i x-drive and those equipment: S5ADA Lane departure warning and S5AGA Lane-change warning. So, old owner has change m-sport steering wheel to f80 m3 steering wheel(because m stitching and m1 m2 buttons and larger paddle). And now bmw diagnostic software says, vibration motor in steering wheel faulty, steering wheel vibration signal invalid, multifunction steering wheel wrong version etc. So, I think this steering wheel doesn't have vibrating motor at all?

I've been searching and found this:

So, if I buy number 2(vibrating motor) and 5(wiring harness) and connect it, should it be work?

Thank You!

-Waltteri from Finland
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2018, 09:58 AM   #2
Korvo
Respect My Authoritah
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korpraali View Post
Hello! And first I have to say, sorry my bad english, hope you understand what I'm saying.

So, I have BMW F30 335i x-drive and those equipment: S5ADA Lane departure warning and S5AGA Lane-change warning. So, old owner has change m-sport steering wheel to f80 m3 steering wheel(because m stitching and m1 m2 buttons and larger paddle). And now bmw diagnostic software says, vibration motor in steering wheel faulty, steering wheel vibration signal invalid, multifunction steering wheel wrong version etc. So, I think this steering wheel doesn't have vibrating motor at all?

So, if I buy number 2(vibrating motor) and 5(wiring harness) and connect it, should it be work?

Thank You!

-Waltteri from Finland
It should work, but doesn't the F80 wheel have the split spoke down where the motor goes?
      06-07-2018, 10:00 AM   #3
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdegene View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korpraali View Post

Thank You!

-Waltteri from Finland
It should work, but doesn't the F80 wheel have the split spoke down where the motor goes?
Meaning you may also need 3&4
Appreciate 0