F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Adaptive M Suspension
GetBMWParts

04-11-2012, 03:34 PM   #23
PrinceBarin
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F82 CP (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RASHID007
I remain very confused for the suspension options in Canada.

For Canada:

1. Does the Sport Line come with the passive sport suspension standard? The original ordering guide that is a sticky says nothing about an extra charge for sport suspension. The bmw.ca website says nothing about sport suspension and/or if it's included or if you pay extra.
2. Does the Sport Line have the Adaptive M Suspension on it in Canada standard? Or is it an option at all? I don't see it on the website or any ordering guide for Canada.
3. A more recent ordering guide post on this forum shows a $400 option for 'Sport Suspension' in Canada. What is that? It looks like it applies to all 'lines' of cars. But bmw.ca doesn't have that $400 option. And neither does the original ordering guide that is a sticky on this forum.

Please help. I have ordered a 335i with premium package and was expecting the sport suspension (at least passive) and frankly I was expecting to have the button to switch from eco pro, to comfort, to sport to sport + because I saw (at the time of ordering) no extra $ option for sport suspension, or m-adaptive or otherwise.

Thank you.
I spent some time on the BMW CA website and I couldn't make sense of it either so you are not alone!

What's confusing to me is the part which says "as if that were not enough: the dynamic chassis characteristics of the new BMW 3 Series can be increased even further by selecting Sports mode, which is supplied as standard". What is standard? Sports mode? Sure, but a dynamic chassis implies adaptive suspension, at least to me. See here: http://www.bmw.ca/ca/en/newvehicles/3series/sedan/2011/showroom/dynamics/chassis.html#t=l

I don't think it is standard though For example, the M Sport comes with suspension which BMW CA says is "lowered by ten millimetres with stiffer spring and damper settings as well as harder stabilisers", implying that other lines carry only standard suspension (note adaptive is the same height as M Sport, i.e. 10mm lower than standard).

Hopefully someone can clarify. My money is on E90 Fleet.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2012, 03:40 PM   #24
justinnum1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 330i Msport 6mt

standard suspesnion comes on base, luxury, modern

sport line comes with M passive suspension 10mm lower than Standard^

sportline with adaptive M($900) comes with active dampers and is also 10mm lower than standard
      04-11-2012, 03:41 PM   #25
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by KneeDragr
When I price out a car through my buying service, 328i Sport Line, one of the options is adaptive M suspension. I dont see that when using the 'build your own' feature on the BMW site.

Is the reason its not coming up due to it being standard with the Sport Line?
What are you referring to when you say "buying service?"
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2012, 03:46 PM   #26
lewishamilton
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 335i SL MR

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceBarin View Post
I spent some time on the BMW CA website and I couldn't make sense of it either so you are not alone!

What's confusing to me is the part which says "as if that were not enough: the dynamic chassis characteristics of the new BMW 3 Series can be increased even further by selecting Sports mode, which is supplied as standard". What is standard? Sports mode? Sure, but a dynamic chassis implies adaptive suspension, at least to me. See here: http://www.bmw.ca/ca/en/newvehicles/...assis.html#t=l

I don't think it is standard though For example, the M Sport comes with suspension which BMW CA says is "lowered by ten millimetres with stiffer spring and damper settings as well as harder stabilisers", implying that other lines carry only standard suspension (note adaptive is the same height as M Sport, i.e. 10mm lower than standard).

I had the exact same confusion when I was placing my order. Here is what I understand:

1.) Adaptive M Suspension isn't an option in Canada

2.) Sports suspension is a separate option regardless of which line you pick (i.e. Sport Line does not come with sports suspension).

3.) Original order guide does not have either suspension options, which I think was a mistake. Updated order guide has the option to add sports suspension.

I was able to catch my order just in-time before production started to add sports suspension when the updated guide came out. I would recommend adding it. It's still quite comfortable/livable as a daily driver and your car get's lowered by 10mm which IMHO makes it look so much better.
      04-11-2012, 04:42 PM   #27
qiang.han
Rep
Drives: E90 / F30 335i is coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by RASHID007
I remain very confused for the suspension options in Canada.

For Canada:

1. Does the Sport Line come with the passive sport suspension standard? The original ordering guide that is a sticky says nothing about an extra charge for sport suspension. The bmw.ca website says nothing about sport suspension and/or if it's included or if you pay extra.
2. Does the Sport Line have the Adaptive M Suspension on it in Canada standard? Or is it an option at all? I don't see it on the website or any ordering guide for Canada.
3. A more recent ordering guide post on this forum shows a $400 option for 'Sport Suspension' in Canada. What is that? It looks like it applies to all 'lines' of cars. But bmw.ca doesn't have that $400 option. And neither does the original ordering guide that is a sticky on this forum.

Please help. I have ordered a 335i with premium package and was expecting the sport suspension (at least passive) and frankly I was expecting to have the button to switch from eco pro, to comfort, to sport to sport + because I saw (at the time of ordering) no extra $ option for sport suspension, or m-adaptive or otherwise.

Thank you.
I also wonder to know what suspension comes standard on F30 335i in Canada.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2012, 04:50 PM   #28
Micleg
iX1 2022
Rep
Drives: iX1 msport, 520d F11 X08

I think all EDE:s come with sport suspension, and those can be chosen with one of the three lines (not all of the stuff from the lines but still, they call it modern etc).

EDE Sport Line: sport suspension
Sport Line: standard suspension
msport: sport suspension

Even EDE Modern Line has more sport suspension than the regular Sport Line. Quite funny.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2012, 04:52 PM   #29
KneeDragr
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Planning 2015 ED :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisny View Post
What are you referring to when you say "buying service?"
Its pretty self explanatory, its a service through one my financial institutions that will purchase cars for you. I've used them before, but sometimes I can use them to get an even better deal through dealership, use that as a ceiling and make the point that with your buying service, you can get the EXACT car you want. Of course that wont work if you were planning on ordering in the first place, but at least you can use the service as a last resort if the dealer just wont beat them.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2012, 05:17 PM   #30
RASHID007
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 535d X-Drive

My production is complete and it makes 0 sense that a Sport Line car would not come with sport suspension (especially when it does everywhere else in the world). Canadians screwed again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewishamilton View Post
I had the exact same confusion when I was placing my order. Here is what I understand:

1.) Adaptive M Suspension isn't an option in Canada

2.) Sports suspension is a separate option regardless of which line you pick (i.e. Sport Line does not come with sports suspension).

3.) Original order guide does not have either suspension options, which I think was a mistake. Updated order guide has the option to add sports suspension.

I was able to catch my order just in-time before production started to add sports suspension when the updated guide came out. I would recommend adding it. It's still quite comfortable/livable as a daily driver and your car get's lowered by 10mm which IMHO makes it look so much better.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2012, 06:33 PM   #31
Echan330
Private
Rep
Drives: F30

That explains a lot. I was wondering why I had a huge wheel gap despite purchasing the sportline trim. Time to look into some spring/shocks or coilovers when they are available.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2012, 07:00 PM   #32
NICKTENN
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 340i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335R1
That's funny. Mine came standard on the 335 sportsline.
Yours came standard??? Can you take a pic of your window sticker with your options?

2012 335i Sport Line, RIP
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2012, 07:37 PM   #33
justinnum1
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NICKTENN View Post
Yours came standard??? Can you take a pic of your window sticker with your options?
Yea, that i'd like to see...
      04-13-2012, 11:14 PM   #34
RASHID007
First Lieutenant
Rep

I have a 335i sport line on order and dealer system says it is done production waiting on a ship. When I ordered sport line I thought it has sport suspension. Long story short it doesn't in Canada and so far the dealer is working with BMW Canada to see about ordering me the sport suspension to be installed at the dealer. Dealer is under the impression that sport suspension is just springs and nothing else. Can anyone confirm if it requires different shocks etc. Or is passive sport suspension just springs?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2012, 12:49 AM   #35
Wild M
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4M SuperCharged

Garage List
Quote:

What's confusing to me is the part which says "as if that were not enough: the dynamic chassis characteristics of the new BMW 3 Series can be increased even further by selecting Sports mode, which is supplied as standard". What is standard? Sports mode? Sure, but a dynamic chassis implies adaptive suspension, at least to me. See here: http://www.bmw.ca/ca/en/newvehicles/...assis.html#t=l

So, here's the deal. I ordered my 335i Sport line and paid the $400 for M sport suspension (option code 704). I enquired about the adaptive M suspension and, after providing them with the code for it, was told that I could get it, but the catch was the price. In the US, this option is $900, but BMW Canada decided it wasn't an option they wanted to support so they want $1350 for it (option code 2VF) plus $400 special order (option code ZSP) for a total of $1750 plus tax, double the price in the US. Talk about a ripoff! With all of the magazine reviews for the car with adaptive M suspension, why would they decide not to include it as a normal option?

Bottom line, I settled for the passive M sport suspension.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2012, 09:53 AM   #36
RASHID007
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild M
Quote:

So, here's the deal. I ordered my 335i Sport line and paid the $400 for M sport suspension (option code 704). I enquired about the adaptive M suspension and, after providing them with the code for it, was told that I could get it, but the catch was the price. In the US, this option is $900, but BMW Canada decided it wasn't an option they wanted to support so they want $1350 for it (option code 2VF) plus $400 special order (option code ZSP) for a total of $1750 plus tax, double the price in the US. Talk about a ripoff! With all of the magazine reviews for the car with adaptive M suspension, why would they decide not to include it as a normal option?

Wild M, do you know if the passive is just springs or is it more than that and if so what does it change from standard suspension?
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2012, 11:23 AM   #37
justinnum1
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild M View Post

i have the passive m and i really like it
      04-14-2012, 11:28 AM   #38
PrinceBarin
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F82 CP (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1
i have the passive m and i really like it
I've not heard a single bad word about it. Wish I was getting too (d'oh).

Calling out all fans of the standard set-up! Anyone? Bueller?
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2012, 01:18 PM   #39
Wild M
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4M SuperCharged

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RASHID007 View Post
Wild M, do you know if the passive is just springs or is it more than that and if so what does it change from standard suspension?
Sorry, I don't know. PrinceBarin replied to your question on the 'Canadian F30' thread better than I can.
Appreciate 0