F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > Diamond Car Mats
GetBMWParts

08-13-2019, 10:15 AM   #1
HybridAWD
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 435i xDrive

Diamond Car Mats

I recently picked up an EB F32 and of course I wasnt given the floor mats (trade-in).

I've been digging around looking at the options for new floor mats and nothing is really sticking out other than the Diamond Car Mats. Part of me likes them and part of me thinks they might be a bit gaudy.

My choice would be black with white stitching or black on black.

Does anyone have these installed? The reviews look pretty good for the most part and they are right in line with the all-season mat pricing. To me the downside is the fact that it makes the floor area seem almost "bare".

WeatherTech seems to be the backup choice but with a recent purchase for a Denali, they really seems subpar for the cost. I also havent seen any Coco mats that I have liked so they don't seem to be an optional choice for me.

Black/White

Black/Black

Appreciate 0
      08-13-2019, 11:17 AM   #2
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

I'll only use WeatherTech liners. Maybe if I lived where it never rains and there's no such thing as mud I'd go with mats, but only then. I had my WeatherTechs in hand before I took delivery of my car, and the day I got it home the stock mats came out and the liners went in.
Appreciate 1
      08-13-2019, 12:56 PM   #3
sean2648
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i

I have the OEM sportline all weather mats, black and red for my black and red theme.

Same thing as Bill tho, only way I could get mats is to live in a place where there is 0 rain or snow. I thought I would get M performance mats for the summer, but I still can't bring myself to take out the all weather mats.

Instagram /// Build Thread
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2019, 12:45 AM   #4
jh_f30
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i Sportline Auto RWD

The diamond stitched mats seem a little much for my taste. That said, if you do get them, I'd be interested to see how they actually look (vs. posted marketing pics). They do seem to have good coverage, so it'd be a good way of preserving the stock carpeting, and if they're comparable in price to a full set of all-weather mats...you wouldn't necessarily have to be too precious with them.

Personally, I use the plain black carpet mats in the summer and switch to the Sportline all-weather rubber mats once it starts to rain.
      08-14-2019, 06:52 AM   #5
HybridAWD
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh_f30 View Post
The diamond stitched mats seem a little much for my taste.
That's exactly how I feel at times when looking at it.

I went ahead and ordered the black/black combo and I'll update this post when they arrive (expected to take 1 month). I also just went ahead and got them through AliExpress since it's clearly the same company and it's about $75 cheaper.

For reference here is the link to what I ordered

I plan on ordering some "summer" style mats most likely after next spring because I have a feeling I won't like the "no floor mat" look the entire time.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2019, 07:41 AM   #6
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

They're pretty, but I don't see them as something you can just pull out and hose down when they get dirty. I'll be interested in how you like them.
Appreciate 1
wdeerfield2743.50
      08-14-2019, 08:05 AM   #7
Fliplegend
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435ix F33

I see rubber oem mats in Craigslist all the time in the New England area. Got my set for $25.

The rubber mat for the trunk though, i had to buy brand new.
      08-14-2019, 08:06 AM   #8
wdeerfield
A family of bimmers
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 G01 X3M40i

I too went the route that Billfitz went. In the northeast between mountain biking, camping, hiking, skiing.. the floor liners are where it's at. Can easily pull them out and scrub them down and they hold all the dirt in them due to the high sides of them. I would never go with carpet mats. And then for the trunk i have the trunk liner and then a harbor freight movers blanket back there.
      08-14-2019, 08:47 AM   #9
didisinned
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 428i

i bought the diamond car mats for my F33 and the fit and feel is amazing. I'd highly recommend! i'll post a few photos below and a 25% off discount code.

25% off code: 728h-an8u-ujst-25hs

The quality is really really nice, and while i probaly spent around $200 fot everything I would have to say it's well worth the cost. For my convertible the trunk i probably wouldn't recommend since it doesn't cover very much but that's kind of on me.

The wife loves taking her shoes off since it's so comfortable

They say it's pretty easy to clean just wipe it down, but I also lives in CA so i don't really deal with any rain or snow here. The fit on my 4 series is also much better than the fit on my wife's Mazda Cx-5 imo.

If you have any questions you can message me here. If you want to pick up a set of my all weather BMW floor mats, i have it on sale in the 'member interior sale section' $70 shipped to USA
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
scostu1619.50
      08-14-2019, 02:49 PM   #10
HybridAWD
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by didisinned View Post
i bought the diamond car mats for my F33 and the fit and feel is amazing. I'd highly recommend! i'll post a few photos below and a 25% off discount code.

The quality is really really nice, and while i probaly spent around $200 fot everything I would have to say it's well worth the cost. For my convertible the trunk i probably wouldn't recommend since it doesn't cover very much but that's kind of on me.
That's good to hear! We'll see how these ones from AliExpress turn out but it has to be the same exact vendor. Maybe not but it's worth taking a shot at.

I'm in VA so we have a mix of weather. Definitely lighter on the snow side but the rain can be annoying in the spring. One thing I am interested in seeing is how it holds up IF I put a mat on top of it.

You're definitely looks really good so Im excited.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2019, 06:06 PM   #11
didisinned
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridAWD View Post
That's good to hear! We'll see how these ones from AliExpress turn out but it has to be the same exact vendor. Maybe not but it's worth taking a shot at.

I'm in VA so we have a mix of weather. Definitely lighter on the snow side but the rain can be annoying in the spring. One thing I am interested in seeing is how it holds up IF I put a mat on top of it.

I'm originally from Maryland, so I know exactly what you're going through. The installation is really easy and super fast so if you wanted to install this for the spring and summer and all weather mats for the winter time, i think it's a good idea for your own peace of mind.

The installation takes no more than 10 minutes for the fronts and rears it's very simple and brain dead to install haha.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2019, 06:21 PM   #12
ltaylorwarren
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 435i xDrive Convert

Quote:
The installation takes no more than 10 minutes for the fronts and rears it's very simple and brain dead to install haha.
What exactly did you order to get the tunnel coverage on the rear seat mats for your F33? The 4 seat option says no tunnel coverage, so did you order the 5 seat option? Thanks. -Lance
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2019, 06:28 PM   #13
jh_f30
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridAWD View Post

I'm originally from Maryland, so I know exactly what you're going through. The installation is really easy and super fast so if you wanted to install this for the spring and summer and all weather mats for the winter time, i think it's a good idea for your own peace of mind.

Out of curiosity, where do those grommets along the center tunnel attach to?
      08-14-2019, 07:52 PM   #14
didisinned
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltaylorwarren View Post
What exactly did you order to get the tunnel coverage on the rear seat mats for your F33? The 4 seat option says no tunnel coverage, so did you order the 5 seat option? Thanks. -Lance
Nope i simply put in my car information which is:

BMW 4 series cabriolet 2014

Convertible
4 Seats (full set front and rear mats).

I see what you mean because when i look their website it says no center tunnel coverage which is a bit strange i dont think i paid attention to that when i ordered. If it bothers you i would email and ask them to confirm.

For sure I selected 4 seats though!
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2019, 07:54 PM   #15
didisinned
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh_f30 View Post
Out of curiosity, where do those grommets along the center tunnel attach to?
there are these thin rotatable plastic clips on the bottom of parts of the floor mats that slide between the pillars/center console to keep in place. it works very well. They also supply a few attachable clips that also slide in place in case you require it to be more secure.

They also include a few double sided velcro 3M tape if you wish to secure certain areas too.

Mine doesn't shift around, the fitment is very good i have no complaints!
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2019, 10:44 AM   #16
HybridAWD
Private
Rep

Quote:
Nope i simply put in my car information which is:

BMW 4 series cabriolet 2014

Convertible
4 Seats (full set front and rear mats).

I see what you mean because when i look their website it says no center tunnel coverage which is a bit strange i dont think i paid attention to that when i ordered. If it bothers you i would email and ask them to confirm.

For sure I selected 4 seats though!
When I talked to them via chat they said that they verify the car but I should select the 5 seat for the 435i coupe. So I dont know if they changed your order or if they were wrong in telling me to select the 5 seat so it would go over the tunnel.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2019, 10:46 PM   #17
EDWYER
Yoda of mods
Rep
Drives: X5 RWD

Garage List
2015 X5 RWD  [0.00]
2016 BMW M2  [10.00]
That looks pretty good didisinned
YT: https://www.youtube.com/@DWYERGARAGE/videos
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2019, 11:10 PM   #18
CajunBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i and X1, Chrysler Van

Looks nice in the car. As stated above I need the wash and wear mats. I have messy kids, some play soccer, etc; these wash and wear mats are easy to clean and do a great job protecting the car. My car came with the BMW-labeled mats that are basically weather tech mats front and back except they replace the weather tech logo with the BMW logo. They are easy to clean and with a good protective spray now and then they look like new when the car gets some lovin' after a weekend of soccer for example. Without kids, that would be a different story. Thanks for the pics.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2019, 05:35 PM   #19
didisinned
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunBMW View Post
Looks nice in the car. As stated above I need the wash and wear mats. I have messy kids, some play soccer, etc; these wash and wear mats are easy to clean and do a great job protecting the car. My car came with the BMW-labeled mats that are basically weather tech mats front and back except they replace the weather tech logo with the BMW logo. They are easy to clean and with a good protective spray now and then they look like new when the car gets some lovin' after a weekend of soccer for example. Without kids, that would be a different story. Thanks for the pics.

yeah for sure, gotta get what is right for your situation of course. If i move back east coast i'll prob keep my all weather ones to use during the winter time. Would hate for a ton of salt to get on these mats
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2019, 05:37 PM   #20
HybridAWD
Private
Rep

Order August 14th on Aliexpress as mentioned and they showed up today. That's pretty freaking fast imo considering it came from China. I was really expecting September before they would show up.

Anyways here are the detail shots. It's pouring outside so Ill install tomorrow.

I didnt take a picture of the packaging but it arrived in a standard soft style envelope. My only concern is how wrinkled some of the mats were but I think they will be good once they heat up.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
scostu1619.50
      08-23-2019, 09:01 PM   #21
jh_f30
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Gotta say, they look pretty good for what they are. Are they genuine leather or polyurethane? I would consider some sort of protectant, perhaps. Also, might try a blow dryer/heat gun to smooth out the wrinkles. Looking forward to pics with them installed.
      08-25-2019, 03:00 PM   #22
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep
Drives: F32 435ix MSport

Garage List
In case anyone looking to order The Diamond Car Mats

Here is a new 25% off code in case the previous one mentioned has expired

25% Discount Mega Deal
Use the discount code at checkout to get 25% off any products purchased

Valid for 24 hours - should be good till 5:31PM EST today 8/25/19

3fea-e03e-b340

I just ordered a set of Black/White for my wife MB GLA AMG & my F32 435
F32 435ix//MGM//M Sport-Prem-Tech-Driver Assist-Lighting-Cold Weather-Dyn Handling Pkgs//M4 Black Lthr Int w/M4 Alum Blade Trim//HK w/Bavsound Stg3//763M//M4 Euro LCI Tails//M4 Mirrors w/CF Covers//AWCarbon CF F/R Spoilers-Side Splitters-Diffuser 6WB/ID6 HU+HUD/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//PURE S2 Turbo//AA FMIC+DP//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/TS DV//AWE Tuning Exh w/Blk Tips//Turner MS CF Intake//BM3 Cary Jordan Tune//MPerf Diff//PrecRW Ignition Kit
Appreciate 0