F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N47 and N57 Turbodiesel Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Oil leak
Extreme Powerhouse

11-11-2023, 05:39 PM   #1
F30 Diesel
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 328D

Oil leak

Good day. I need you help with oil leak.
2014 BMW F30 328D.
It start leaking oil from the back of engine (somewhere not sure) went to local german cars shop did replacement of valve cover (local BMW dealer also told it is from valve covergasket) did not help still leaking and smelling burning oil and smoke coming up from back of engine propapbly leaking to exhaust. Just windering from where else it can be leaking? if it is still leaking assuming valve cover was not a reason for leaking.

P.S anyhow I got warranty for valve cover replacement will drop car to the shop again. Just wondering in worse case scenarion what it would be?

Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2023, 08:02 AM   #2
Eddamoo
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 430dX

Can you take it back to the shop that did the VCG?

VCG leaks are very common. It is the only real place the engine can leak that's above the exhaust manifold too, so it would suggest to me that its still leaking.

My VCG leaks a bit, but i can only smell it when sat in stationary traffic while the DPF is regenerating. You dont mention how long ago the fix was, but maybe some oil was left on the manifold that has only just got hot enough to smoke off?
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2024, 05:38 PM   #3
328D
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 328D

Hey just picked up the same engine and kind of having the same issue. New VCG and still having a leak did you end up finding the solution to yours?
Appreciate 0