F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > Ambient light post-mod issues
proTUNING Freaks

01-17-2023, 09:09 PM   #1
Erie Von Otto
DT///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F31 Touring

Garage List
2014 pre lci 328 AWD F31
Installed the oem led radio surround trim with led. Worked fine. A few weeks later I got some aftermarket led ambient door lights. Installed all four and everything worked fine. A little bright, but worked fine. Had it installed for about two days. Drive to a restaurant and when we come back in the car, turn it on all is well and all of a sudden all the ambient lights went out.

I tried cycling the brightness, change from classic to sport, start car, shut off car nothing worked. I searched the forums and found one guy that had the same issues back in November 22. Reached out and he never got it fixed.

Scoured the forums and I see where people mention fuses were blown. Checked 20, 28, 42, 53, 54, 153 with multimeter and all were good.

Checked fault with BimmerLink, nothing.

Checked decoupling coding, cycled through, nothing.

I’m looking for help. Thinking maybe one or two may have the 2pin connected vs 3pin and it could be causing an error? But why do I not see anything on the BimmerLink?

Any help would be great!

Thanks.
Attached Images

01-19-2023, 07:25 AM   #2
Erie Von Otto
DT///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F31 Touring

Garage List
Bump for help
      01-22-2023, 01:36 PM   #3
zatelli
Private First Class
Morocco
Rep
Drives: 2013 RWD F30

Can you kindly check FEM connector A173*9B pins 50 / 51 for voltage and report back?
Appreciate 1
      01-24-2023, 09:34 PM   #4
antoxa256
Rep
Drives: E60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erie Von Otto View Post
2014 pre lci 328 AWD F31
Installed the oem led radio surround trim with led. Worked fine. A few weeks later I got some aftermarket led ambient door lights. Installed all four and everything worked fine. A little bright, but worked fine. Had it installed for about two days. Drive to a restaurant and when we come back in the car, turn it on all is well and all of a sudden all the ambient lights went out.

I tried cycling the brightness, change from classic to sport, start car, shut off car nothing worked. I searched the forums and found one guy that had the same issues back in November 22. Reached out and he never got it fixed.

Scoured the forums and I see where people mention fuses were blown. Checked 20, 28, 42, 53, 54, 153 with multimeter and all were good.

Checked fault with BimmerLink, nothing.

Checked decoupling coding, cycled through, nothing.

I’m looking for help. Thinking maybe one or two may have the 2pin connected vs 3pin and it could be causing an error? But why do I not see anything on the BimmerLink?

Any help would be great!

Thanks.
short circuit of wires, on door illumination
the wires soldered to the LEDs short out. I bought such a backlight, immediately soldered the wires. soldered close and exposed
Appreciate 0