F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > B58 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > BMW Fxx/Gxx B58 OBD Flashing is now supported by mFlasher
Studio RSR
Closed Thread

07-19-2018, 12:53 AM   #67
335i/335d?
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 340 m sport individual

Sounds great!

How much psi do stage 1 and stage 2 run?

Does an intake + mppsk require Any modifications to the flash?

For which octane are both stages developed? Is it possible to make a custom file for Ron 102 octane.

Is it possible to put the tune under the sport button?

Did you run into problems with the fuel delivery?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2018, 05:58 AM   #68
mookie45
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 AW 340i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanfall View Post
Few questions.
1. Does the 799 price contain all accessories required to update it in home or I still need to find a professional or other tools to do it.
2. Will this work on multiple cars? Or I need to buy two for two cars,
3. Will it work on 440? Since it mention 340 i assume 440 and 340 haveexactly same powertrains.
4. What exactly is m boot? Is it a software of phone app?
5. Does it severely affect fuel economy and longevity? Is it possible to only activate extra power in sport mode?
6. Is this resellable? How does that work?
      07-19-2018, 07:02 AM   #69
rahlow
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i

I have a catless down pipe on my B58 and JB4, will this remove the fuel cap problem so that with this tune I can now order stage 1 or 2 pure turbos on 93 octane and not have to use meth? Also will this run in conjunction with JB4 so I can get the most out of jb4 as well or will it simply over write JB4 and it would be obsolete? These two questions I'm most interested to know.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2018, 07:04 AM   #70
kern417
Cheapskate
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i |2016 340i | 2010 X5

Sheesh you guys are relentless. Maybe just wait for the website to be updated with all the details.
Youtube/Instagram/TikTok: @kern417
Appreciate 4
      07-19-2018, 08:38 AM   #71
Araemo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 340iX 6MT

No increased gains if you have MPPSK/other high-flow exhaust?

I'd love to see an MPPSK graph on the same dyno you used for this, to get apples-to-apples-to-apples (stock-MPPSK-tuned) comparison... 380/400 sounds awful nice, but MPPSK is probably making pretty damn close to 380 normally, so if the tune is only going to bump it to 380, doesn't seem worth it for MPPSK owners.
Appreciate 1
      07-19-2018, 08:48 AM   #72
Vinboyblue
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abzynthe View Post
Why would you be in neutral and moving, then, also wanting it to pop?

If your moving, just make it pop in gear. If your stationary, make it pop in neutral?
Cause of Automatic? lol
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2018, 09:59 AM   #73
ishowerinjager
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 340i M Performance Editio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Araemo View Post

I'd love to see an MPPSK graph on the same dyno you used for this, to get apples-to-apples-to-apples (stock-MPPSK-tuned) comparison... 380/400 sounds awful nice, but MPPSK is probably making pretty damn close to 380 normally, so if the tune is only going to bump it to 380, doesn't seem worth it for MPPSK owners.
This is the main question for a lot of us. Mppsk is doing 350/360 to the wheels so it may not be much more than that
2017 340i M Performance Edition: Fashion Grey, MPPSK, M performance front splitter, rear diffuser, side sills, black grille, CF spoiler, 405M 20s, 8AT, full Marino interior and dash, adaptive suspension
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2018, 10:08 AM   #74
vincechase
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 330 M Sport

Hmmm.......

What company creates this ? & where can I get it.

I have a 2015 335 xdrive with sports. I want to try this on. Want to know if this is possible

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2018, 10:15 AM   #75
jalkster
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincechase View Post
Hmmm.......

What company creates this ? & where can I get it.

I have a 2015 335 xdrive with sports. I want to try this on. Want to know if this is possible

Thanks
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=mission+performance+b58
      07-19-2018, 10:18 AM   #76
jalkster
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

Stock exhaust has high flow. There is a difference between a sound deadening muffler and restriction. MPPSK is definitely not 380whp. Which this tune should easily hit. Stock turbo is good for ~470whp, so the question here is how powerful are our fuel pumps?
      07-19-2018, 10:20 AM   #77
RTPenland
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Many BMWs

so if this does end up making enough power over the MPPSK to tempt current MPPSK owners to over-write their existing software - does that mean that MPPSK owners will simply be left with one very expensive exhaust and an aftermarket tune?
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2018, 10:26 AM   #78
daveyfx
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionPerformance View Post
Transmission mapping is not part of engine control module, actually scratch that, DME does have some effect on trans shifting but not much. We are working on the 8HP50 flashing at this point as well and should have some support very soon.
How is the auto transmission coping with your tune? Is the shifting rough/delayed as is sometimes seen with piggyback tunes?

Quote:
Stage 2 is for cars with catless down pipes. The cost extras is because we have to put extra work into it to properly remove cat monitoring, rewrite wastegate control to prevent overboost, and so on. Result is slightly higher powered car with no CEL.
Will stage 2 work for those of us who intend to use a high-flow cat?
      07-19-2018, 10:31 AM   #79
jalkster
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTPenland View Post
so if this does end up making enough power over the MPPSK to tempt current MPPSK owners to over-write their existing software - does that mean that MPPSK owners will simply be left with one very expensive exhaust and an aftermarket tune?
Yes... but it is a badass exhaust. When you decide to sell, if you do, you will have the option to go back to MPPSK tune. Non MPPSK opted cars will not have that option. Look at MPPSK as a mild OEM flash. While this flash will have the ability to be more focused towards big power.
Beek707.00
      07-19-2018, 10:37 AM   #80
B58
Major
Rep
Drives: 922 Turbo

Might possibly be in for the group buy....
      07-19-2018, 10:39 AM   #81
RTPenland
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Many BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalkster View Post
Yes... but it is a badass exhaust. When you decide to sell, if you do, you will have the option to go back to MPPSK tune. Non MPPSK opted cars will not have that option. Look at MPPSK as a mild OEM flash. While this flash will have the ability to be more focused towards big power.
So this is the part that makes all the difference to me "you will have the option to go back to MPPSK tune" so that is very cool - so if the price/performance is enough it would almost be like going to a stage 2 for current MPPSK owners (and by stage 2 I simply mean a meaningful bump over what they already have)

Thanks for clarifying for me
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2018, 10:45 AM   #82
Mamyf30
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: f30

if you are leasing with mppsk and decide to go this route - you essentially are losing out/paying for bmw's tune but not actually using it
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2018, 10:49 AM   #83
jalkster
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
So this is the part that makes all the difference to me "you will have the option to go back to MPPSK tune" so that is very cool - so if the price/performance is enough it would almost be like going to a stage 2 for current MPPSK owners (and by stage 2 I simply mean a meaningful bump over what they already have)

Thanks for clarifying for me
No problem. Im just reciting what they said about reverting back to stock. Whatever you had before, will be replaceable. per MP.
      07-19-2018, 11:37 AM   #84
AddictedTo///M
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M340i xDrive

Quote:
Group buy will be setup in few days. There will be a minimum of 10 orders for a successful groupbuy and as a promotion, Burble and mBoot will be added to all the orders for free.
I am patiently waiting

Appreciate 0
      07-19-2018, 11:39 AM   #85
kern417
Cheapskate
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i |2016 340i | 2010 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamyf30 View Post
if you are leasing with mppsk and decide to go this route - you essentially are losing out/paying for bmw's tune but not actually using it
Doesn't matter whether you're leasing or not lol. Leasing just means you spent less money to not use it.
Youtube/Instagram/TikTok: @kern417
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2018, 11:49 AM   #86
ishowerinjager
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 340i M Performance Editio

Quote:
Quote:

Stock exhaust has high flow. There is a difference between a sound deadening muffler and restriction. MPPSK is definitely not 380whp. Which this tune should easily hit. Stock turbo is good for ~470whp, so the question here is how powerful are our fuel pumps?
https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1313152

368/370 for mppsk is pretty damn close. Since we have no values stated from this company on whether the tune is producing these number at the wheels or crank I think it a pretty big assumption that you're making.

Until some before and after dynos are posted we don't know anything.
2017 340i M Performance Edition: Fashion Grey, MPPSK, M performance front splitter, rear diffuser, side sills, black grille, CF spoiler, 405M 20s, 8AT, full Marino interior and dash, adaptive suspension
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2018, 11:51 AM   #87
rahlow
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i

I'm also extremely down on the group buy option. We need to start organizing that.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2018, 12:08 PM   #88
MissionPerformance
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: '17 F31 340xi US Spec

Garage List
Quote:
No problem. Im just reciting what they said about reverting back to stock. Whatever you had before, will be replaceable. per MP.
That is pretty much correct. First step, we make a backup of your existing software configuration. After that is done, we will build a tune for you based on your software level. That means, if you had MPPSK, then you will get our tune built using MPPSK foundation. If you had a base B58 software, then our tune will be built on that.

Quote:
Correct. The flash is based on your current configuration, MPPSK or Base. Then the firmware is modified for even higher gains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyfx View Post
How is the auto transmission coping with your tune? Is the shifting rough/delayed as is sometimes seen with piggyback tunes?

We haven't had any trans issues. Our tunes run of actual Internal Torque Structure, unlike piggyback that runs off stock torque structure. becasue of that, the trans knows the exact torque numbers at flywheel and adjusts shifting characteristics accordingly.

Will stage 2 work for those of us who intend to use a high-flow cat?
yes it will, just make sure to get high quality high-flow cats. We have seen too many cheaper high-flows break down and crack.

Quote:
Think about a tune as a "power boost" over what you currently have. So if you have MPPSK, then you still will have the added benefits of MPPSK, but with higher power figures.

Quote:

Yes, there are gains over MPPSK. Please see above responses.
We will have dynos posted for both MPPSK and Base B58, though MPPSK will not have high flow exhaust. Then we will apply our tunes to both versions to show the power gains on both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahlow View Post
I have a catless down pipe on my B58 and JB4, will this remove the fuel cap problem so that with this tune I can now order stage 1 or 2 pure turbos on 93 octane and not have to use meth? Also will this run in conjunction with JB4 so I can get the most out of jb4 as well or will it simply over write JB4 and it would be obsolete? These two questions I'm most interested to know.
We can over come the software fuel cap, that is no issue. The physical fueling limiting (HPFP) is what going to stop you from making good enough power to justify PS2.
JB4 is a stand alone box and we will not be over writing it. We are working on actual engine management side and will be over writing the factory tune. You are welcome to use JB4 at your own risk, though that is not something we recommend since we do not provide support for any piggy back modules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335i/335d? View Post
Sounds great!

How much psi do stage 1 and stage 2 run?

Does an intake + mppsk require Any modifications to the flash?

For which octane are both stages developed? Is it possible to make a custom file for Ron 102 octane.

Is it possible to put the tune under the sport button?

Did you run into problems with the fuel delivery?

Thanks
-These computers run off torque/load formula and not boost target, meaning boost will be variable based on desired torque.
-No modifications needed for that.
-We build all of our tunes for 91 octane but can adjust timing and knock for 102ron if requested.
-at this time we do not provide suitable maps.
-Please see above responses regarding fueling
Appreciate 2
kern4174445.00
Beek707.00
Closed Thread