F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Retrofit Adaptive M Suspenion
Extreme Powerhouse

02-24-2018, 10:24 PM   #1
hkgans
Rep
Drives: BMW F20 118i, G20 320d

Retrofit Adaptive M Suspenion

Hi,

Still in my first step to retrofit 2VF Adaptive M Suspension.

I was trying to put a used ICM Plus to a F20. After flashing car and ICM plus to same ILevel 17-03-505, did ICM and ACSM coding and started ICM sensors, I am still encountering 930A67 Central Sensor (x-y direction) Communication Fault, at the same time the passenger restraint fault shows at Kombi.

What does this xy direction mean? The only XY related info that I can find is that ICM connects to ACSM with 2 pins zxy- and zxy+. These pins are already connected in non adaptive car.

Does this fault complaint :
1. that I didn’t install the complete setup (vdc ecu and all stucts and vertical acceleration sensors)?
2. Or, the ICM had crash data saved?

Wish that someone has the answer. Much appreciated for your help.

William

Last edited by hkgans; 02-25-2018 at 08:10 AM.. Reason: Typo
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2019, 12:41 PM   #2
DayvG
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F30 Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkgans View Post
Hi,

Still in my first step to retrofit 2VF Adaptive M Suspension.

I was trying to put a used ICM Plus to a F20. After flashing car and ICM plus to same ILevel 17-03-505, did ICM and ACSM coding and started ICM sensors, I am still encountering 930A67 Central Sensor (x-y direction) Communication Fault, at the same time the passenger restraint fault shows at Kombi.

What does this xy direction mean? The only XY related info that I can find is that ICM connects to ACSM with 2 pins zxy- and zxy+. These pins are already connected in non adaptive car.

Does this fault complaint :
1. that I didn’t install the complete setup (vdc ecu and all stucts and vertical acceleration sensors)?
2. Or, the ICM had crash data saved?

Wish that someone has the answer. Much appreciated for your help.

William
Did you ever resolve this? I have the same issue with a replacement ICM module.

Thanks, Dave
Appreciate 1
alistairk117.50
      09-17-2019, 02:27 PM   #3
EdgaBMW
Rep
Drives: BMW

This is old thread, maybe you already fixed this maybe not. But today i got the same issue with new icm, and the problem was solved. Need to run 2 extra wires from icm to acsm module
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2020, 02:40 PM   #4
cuteredstorm
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E60 530d & F25 X3 20d

Thank you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdgaBMW View Post
This is old thread, maybe you already fixed this maybe not. But today i got the same issue with new icm, and the problem was solved. Need to run 2 extra wires from icm to acsm module

I was just fighting this and found this thread. WDS says you only need these two wires if you have VDM (VDC). I don't but obviously you need these two wires if you have ICM High. I found it suspicious and found this thread and joined the forum just to say thank you!
Appreciate 1
Skyhigh1879.00