F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > Council Tax Hikes
ARMA SPEED

02-16-2019, 03:50 AM   #23
Broncho
Banned
England
Rep
Drives: Chav white Mercedes

Word is that it’s going to be another 5% - 7% this year and they’re trialling 3 weekly bin collections.

Cunts.
Appreciate 1
dazzapb1050.00
      02-16-2019, 04:26 AM   #24
un1eash
Captain
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaston View Post
My sisters friends in Leicestershire has just gone up by 20%!!

Which district? You sure they haven't just moved house and gone up a band, I live in Leicestershire and it usually goes up 5-6%
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2019, 06:24 AM   #25
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncho View Post
Received the demand today, it's gone up 7%, that I can handle, I'm not poor nor am I rich but yes I can afford the extra £17 sheets a month but our council is doing this whilst selling off green belt, reducing bin collections from what was every week to every 3 weeks.

Our road is now like something in Romania from the 80's, plus our council leader is a big fat cunt, I'm sure the money is going on his dinners.
8% here and agree with all the above
      02-16-2019, 07:50 AM   #26
dazzapb
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3M Comp

There was some stat in relation to the %age of what was going to service pension liabilities for coucil staff was it was shocking especially in London boroughs something that is hidden by smoke and mirrors in the balance sheet. Iirc it was 35% and rising. No doubt this won’t be touched bit like turkeys and Xmas I guess including the fact most council bosses earn more than the PM wtf
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2019, 09:28 AM   #27
Sheepy
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 Competition

They have to increase the council tax up here in York to pay for the Christmas lights that are still on 24/7 in the city centre in February, it’s a good job nothing grows in our garden until April now as that’s when the garden waste collections now start, seems to get later every year.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2019, 10:15 AM   #28
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: iPace / Mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzapb View Post
There was some stat in relation to the %age of what was going to service pension liabilities for coucil staff was it was shocking especially in London boroughs something that is hidden by smoke and mirrors in the balance sheet. Iirc it was 35% and rising. No doubt this won’t be touched bit like turkeys and Xmas I guess including the fact most council bosses earn more than the PM wtf
Yep,unlike private business that have to fund pension liabilities as they go, public sector pensions seem to be funded as they are required to be paid - so that massive final salary pension liability still has to be paid. Happy days.

God knows how much we will be paying for that - but no doubt the tax I pay from my pension income when I finally get it will go towards it. My final salary pension disappeared in 2002, but still the unions try to defend their continued existence...
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2019, 10:18 AM   #29
savgeax
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 840i M Sport

If you live in Surrey you will see an average increase of £2 a month to cover the Policing element.

Central government will not increase Policing budgets and to stop the force from buckling, they need to increase the % through the council tax.
      02-17-2019, 09:36 AM   #30
willjames
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 3.0d M Sport

Quote:
Received the demand today, it's gone up 7%, that I can handle, I'm not poor nor am I rich but yes I can afford the extra £17 sheets a month but our council is doing this whilst selling off green belt, reducing bin collections from what was every week to every 3 weeks.

Our road is now like something in Romania from the 80's, plus our council leader is a big fat cunt, I'm sure the money is going on his dinners.
don't mince your words will you
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2019, 02:21 PM   #31
Bryans69
Major
Rep
Drives: TTT, MGB (in bits), VW Camper

Garage List
As has been said :

1) Thatcher tried to change how it works. That didn't end well

2) Councils are inefficient. Have worked for them, and as a provider to them. Some might have got a bit better, but there will always be waste when someone else pays the bill

3) They are responsible for social care of the elderly. This is the biggest problem. This cost is only going to rise, and it has to be paid for. Personally, I think it should be taken out local budgets and rolled into the NHS. Not sure they would manage it any better, but at least a bit more clarity about the whole cost of care, and maybe a bit more of a join up approach (wishful thinking I know)
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2020, 03:21 PM   #32
Broncho
Banned
England
Rep

4% this year and the twats can’t maintain the roads to the point where my car is damaged.

Sheaths.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2020, 03:29 PM   #33
RustyBitz
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

Garage List
Quote:

Is that huge bit of land near the east lancs road?

[url=https://www.deutschespeed.com/threads/the-bimmerpost-refugee-thread.561/]Car[/url]
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2020, 03:34 PM   #34
Broncho
Banned
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyBitz View Post
Quote:

Is that huge bit of land near the east lancs road?
Florida Farm, yes that's one of the sites, not near me really, there are 2 or 3 nearby that are still up for the chop, thankfully local pressure has held it off since I posted this last year, since then a lot of the local councillors were overthrown by independents mainly to do with this issue.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2020, 04:11 PM   #35
R0B
Colonel
Rep
Drives: a car

Mine has gone up twice as the former owner hugely extended it and we now cop the increase as the next owner. Same would happen to yours I guess as I think you've extended.

Not life changing but as I said to them, I still only have one of each bin, regardless of the extra space
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2020, 04:16 PM   #36
Broncho
Banned
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0B View Post
Mine has gone up twice as the former owner hugely extended it and we now cop the increase as the next owner. Same would happen to yours I guess as I think you've extended.

Not life changing but as I said to them, I still only have one of each bin, regardless of the extra space
Hadn’t thought of that and I reckon it’s only a matter of time until they band them again!
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2020, 05:29 PM   #37
R0B
Colonel
Rep
Drives: a car

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by R0B View Post

Hadn’t thought of that and I reckon it’s only a matter of time until they band them again!
As I now know, they don't punish the person(s) who extend it, but it flags for a re-calculation as and when it's sold. So you're fine.
Appreciate 0