F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > You’ve made your bed, now lie in it!
Studio RSR

02-18-2019, 08:49 AM   #45
mcoops
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Short term lease

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goneinsixtyseconds View Post
Unless someone creates a place where we can send unwanted citiizens then we shouldn't expect other countries to keep these people.
We still own Australia, right?

Appreciate 0
      02-18-2019, 08:52 AM   #46
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

#golddigger
#claymoredigger
      02-18-2019, 09:56 AM   #47
1 AKY
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F11 530d

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 AKY View Post
What if she was your daughter?
Then you'd need to take a long look at yourself too.
I'm not disagreeing with you and I'm sure a day hasn't gone by where the girl's parents haven't thought as to what they could have done differently. With the advent of the internet, social media, all readily available via mobile devices, there is only so much parenting can do in instilling good moral values (irrespective of religious beliefs). Extremism (in all its forms) is just one facet of issues that youngsters are exposed to today, gang/knife violence, vloggers, etc. being others.

I don't think she was all there (in the head) when she scarpered off to Turkey/Syria, and having heard an excerpt from her latest interview today, I would say that things haven't improved despite the bravado/front that she is portraying.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2019, 10:38 AM   #48
Broncho
Banned
England
Rep
Drives: Chav white Mercedes

Making a mistake when you’re 15 is getting caught pissed in a park drinking white lightning not joining ISIS, as far I’m concerned she can get to fuck.
Appreciate 2
R0B1535.00
      02-18-2019, 10:46 AM   #49
antjos1
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: f30 330i msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncho View Post
Making a mistake when you’re 15 is getting caught pissed in a park drinking white lightning not joining ISIS, as far I’m concerned she can get to fuck.
Common sense reply mate
Well done
Appreciate 1
dizzy619446.50
      02-18-2019, 10:56 AM   #50
Donny_1962
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G21 M340i

She's not making it easy is she.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-son-home.html

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47276572

Her Quote
"I actually do support some British values and I am willing to go back to the UK and settle back again and rehabilitate and that stuff."

Love to know what values?
      02-18-2019, 10:58 AM   #51
Consett Mag
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 330d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 AKY View Post
I'm not disagreeing with you and I'm sure a day hasn't gone by where the girl's parents haven't thought as to what they could have done differently. With the advent of the internet, social media, all readily available via mobile devices, there is only so much parenting can do in instilling good moral values (irrespective of religious beliefs). Extremism (in all its forms) is just one facet of issues that youngsters are exposed to today, gang/knife violence, vloggers, etc. being others.

I don't think she was all there (in the head) when she scarpered off to Turkey/Syria, and having heard an excerpt from her latest interview today, I would say that things haven't improved despite the bravado/front that she is portraying.
I know for a fact that there are many many parents around who couldn't care less what their kids are doing, as long as they're not cramping their day.
They're almost certainly a part of the reason she was allowed to do what she did. If it comes out that they're model citizens then I'll be the first to apologise.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2019, 11:12 AM   #52
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Q7 & Clubman JCW on order

Quote:
If it was still 1987 yes. Hope you haven't got kids if that's what you're keeping a look out for.

Drugs everywhere, worse in the middle class schools than the rough ones, they've got the money.

And look at any rough areas in the country, knife crime and murders everywhere. Might not be your kids granted, but they are still someone's.

Someone walking round London killing people with knives, whether it's for ISIS, for drugs, or stupid gang pride, then it's all the same. A dead body can't differentiate.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2019, 11:25 AM   #53
Broncho
Banned
England
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
If it was still 1987 yes. Hope you haven't got kids if that's what you're keeping a look out for.

Drugs everywhere, worse in the middle class schools than the rough ones, they've got the money.

And look at any rough areas in the country, knife crime and murders everywhere. Might not be your kids granted, but they are still someone's.

Someone walking round London killing people with knives, whether it's for ISIS, for drugs, or stupid gang pride, then it's all the same. A dead body can't differentiate.
Blue WKD then?

:
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2019, 11:42 AM   #54
mcoops
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I don't know. I'm with you in the sense that she should face criminal justice. But that system allows for different severities and tariffs.

There is something uniquely revolting about this sort of ideologically-motivated murder, or support for it. I don't know you, I've never met you, you didn't do anything, you didn't even get in my way. But you deserve to die anyway, simply because you don't believe what I believe, and are therefore some sort of sub-human. People are most affronted by the crimes that feel most senseless. It's maybe more like murderous cult leaders or serial killers in that respect (which attract severe sentences).

Appreciate 0
      02-18-2019, 11:53 AM   #55
1 AKY
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F11 530d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Consett Mag View Post
I know for a fact that there are many many parents around who couldn't care less what their kids are doing.....
In this case I don't believe it was a case of "couldn't care less", rather "no idea of what youngsters can get up to nowadays, even in the confines of their bedrooms".
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2019, 11:54 AM   #56
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoops View Post
I don't know. I'm with you in the sense that she should face criminal justice. But that system allows for different severities and tariffs.

There is something uniquely revolting about this sort of ideologically-motivated murder, or support for it. I don't know you, I've never met you, you didn't do anything, you didn't even get in my way. But you deserve to die anyway, simply because you don't believe what I believe, and are therefore some sort of sub-human. People are most affronted by the crimes that feel most senseless. It's maybe more like murderous cult leaders or serial killers in that respect (which attract severe sentences).
I get what you're saying. But a dead body is a dead body.

And I don't think life is valued any more by other murderers? A nudge getting on a train, an argument in a queue in McDonalds, just walking by and looking at someone the "wrong" way. That's just as senseless to me.

And let's not forget, to some of their number this isn't senseless. Like it or not, she's right about one thing, families over there have watched women and children die under Western bombs for years. Many of them haven't done anything wrong, just in the wrong place at the wrong time. Pretty easy to see how those people become terrorists.

Last edited by Goneinsixtyseconds; 02-18-2019 at 04:22 PM..
Appreciate 1
dizzy619446.50
      02-18-2019, 12:00 PM   #57
mcoops
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I get what you're saying. But a dead body is a dead body.

And I don't think life is valued any more by other murderers? A nudge getting on a train, an argument in a queue in McDonalds, just walking by and looking at someone the "wrong" way. That's just as senseless to me.

And let's not forget, to some of their number this isn't senseless. Like it or not, she's right about one thing, families over their have watched women and children die under Western bombs for years. Many of them haven't done anything wrong, just in the wrong place at the wrong time. Pretty easy to see how those people become terrorists.
Not seeing it

Should all murders carry the exact same tariff? Crime of passion, euthanasia, child murder?

Appreciate 0
      02-18-2019, 12:34 PM   #58
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoops View Post
Not seeing it

Should all murders carry the exact same tariff? Crime of passion, euthanasia, child murder?
No, I didn't mention any of those. I was giving more examples of senseless murders where you don't know the victims or have a good reason to kill them.

I'm in two minds completely as I said. On the one hand she's a terrorist who should be locked up for life, or the death sentence if where she ends up has it.

On the other, she was 15 when she left, which is a child, and she sounded pretty mentally unstable. Rife for grooming. And when she was there she saw all sorts of death and extreme violence. Doesn't matter if her words say it didn't touch her, it has to at 16 years old. She's not much older now and still sounds mentally unstable.

Personally, I don't think someone like that can ever be fixed. Any removal of radical beliefs will fail, because she'll always be able to justify it by the innocent dead women and children she saw that died by western bombs. A bit like the first series of Homeland 🤔

Fuck knows what should be done with her. Be easier if she'd got bombed with her friend. At least then her family could mourn her with a belief that she was the groomed victim. She might still be the victim in some ways, but her stupid immature words don't make it sound that way.
Appreciate 1
zofinger319.00
      02-18-2019, 01:00 PM   #59
TodmordenLad
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Audi A4 Avant

Given the choice between life in a Syrian refugee camp with 36,000 other inhabitants with the daily risks of violence, disease, poor sanitation and a very poor quality of life and best case, living at home with parents in the U.K. whilst undergoing tagging and surveillance or worst case, living in the the mother and child unit in a U.K. women's prison, i know what I'd opt for.
She's very transparent indeed and if she gets any help from the UK government at all, she will have been a very luck woman indeed - and a wholly undeserving one, IMO
      02-18-2019, 01:11 PM   #60
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TodmordenLad View Post
Given the choice between life in a Syrian refugee camp with 36,000 other inhabitants with the daily risks of violence, disease, poor sanitation and a very poor quality of life and best case, living at home with parents in the U.K. whilst undergoing tagging and surveillance or worst case, living in the the mother and child unit in a U.K. women's prison, i know what I'd opt for.
She's very transparent indeed and if she gets any help from the UK government at all, she will have been a very luck woman indeed - and a wholly undeserving one, IMO
That's not the point though is it? She's not Syrian, why should they have to keep her?
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2019, 01:15 PM   #61
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Maybe sentencing for this needs looking at. Not sure what the maximum prison sentence for joining a terrorist group, or rather marrying a member of a terrorist group, but not committing any, or planning any acts of violence is? It probably should be more than it is.

I know that El Chapos wife, who knew she was marrying a drug lord and a mass murderer has been sat a free woman in a court room in New York for the last few weeks.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2019, 01:22 PM   #62
TodmordenLad
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Audi A4 Avant

Quote:
Quote:
That's not the point though is it? She's not Syrian, why should they have to keep her?
True, why should they indeed? And why equally should Britain take back someone who has rejected her country of birth to join a known terrorist organisation intent on killing British soldiers and innocent citizens through acts of terror?
I appreciate of course that British law and her rights as a British citizen may put a very different slant on things
      02-18-2019, 01:39 PM   #63
zofinger
Major
England
Rep
Drives: F30 335d MSport

Don't like it but she's 'British' so if she can get to the U.K under her own steam (she's got form) then lock her up in the U.K for supporting terrorism and let the unborn have a better start in life with a new family (not her family....they have form too)
Appreciate 1
      02-18-2019, 01:42 PM   #64
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
True, why should they indeed? And why equally should Britain take back someone who has rejected her country of birth to join a known terrorist organisation intent on killing British soldiers and innocent citizens through acts of terror?
I appreciate of course that British law and her rights as a British citizen may put a very different slant on things
Because we don't, and probably shouldn't, have the right to make any other country take her?
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2019, 02:18 PM   #65
Colmsport
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 320d M Sport

Interesting arguments all round...

Every day, more & more of her thoughts are publicised on the news & yet to me, it feels like she’s not helping herself with the things she’s saying. If she gets brought back, it’s a proper piss take to our way of life in the Uk & just gives the green light for even more disrespect to the British way of life.

What I want to know is where did this orginate from?? As in, it was a Telegraph reporter who found her in the camp, right?? So, what put the Telegraph reporter there & was it just a case of ‘oh look who I’ve bumped into...’ Doesn’t feel right to me, almost as if it’s been staged... I mean, what are the chances of her just being ‘found’? As a previous poster has mentioned, there are 36000 people in these camps, what are the chances??
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2019, 02:24 PM   #66
Broncho
Banned
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colmsport View Post
Interesting arguments all round...

Every day, more & more of her thoughts are publicised on the news & yet to me, it feels like she’s not helping herself with the things she’s saying. If she gets brought back, it’s a proper piss take to our way of life in the Uk & just gives the green light for even more disrespect to the British way of life.

What I want to know is where did this orginate from?? As in, it was a Telegraph reporter who found her in the camp, right?? So, what put the Telegraph reporter there & was it just a case of ‘oh look who I’ve bumped into...’ Doesn’t feel right to me, almost as if it’s been staged... I mean, what are the chances of her just being ‘found’? As a previous poster has mentioned, there are 36000 people in these camps, what are the chances??
How many British would there be in the camp?
Appreciate 0