F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Sport automatic -- 2TB do it!
proTUNING Freaks

08-31-2019, 02:55 AM   #265
atzebmw
Major
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW 335XD F30 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by mupet0000 View Post

How can this happen and why is it happening?
VO isn't changed from 205 to 2TB
Or you changed the VO but didn't load the changed VO because you read and activated the VO from the car (which isn't changed).
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2019, 03:58 PM   #266
mupet0000
Rep
Drives: 2019 F20 118i Shadow Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by atzebmw View Post
VO isn't changed from 205 to 2TB
Or you changed the VO but didn't load the changed VO because you read and activated the VO from the car (which isn't changed).
VO was coded to the car with "Write FA FP" and then confirmed with "Read FA FP". 2TB was present when read from the cars ECU. It only changed back to 205 after coding FEM_BODY.

Are you saying if I already had been in expert mode, coding, and had already read the FA before I changed to 2TB, that causes this problem?

So I should change to 2TB, write FA FP, expert mode coding, then read, activate fa, code ecus. I'm pretty sure this is how I did it already anyway.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2019, 05:01 PM   #267
atzebmw
Major
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW 335XD F30 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by mupet0000 View Post
VO was coded to the car with "Write FA FP" and then confirmed with "Read FA FP". 2TB was present when read from the cars ECU. It only changed back to 205 after coding FEM_BODY.

Are you saying if I already had been in expert mode, coding, and had already read the FA before I changed to 2TB, that causes this problem?

So I should change to 2TB, write FA FP, expert mode coding, then read, activate fa, code ecus. I'm pretty sure this is how I did it already anyway.
Normally it is impossible that the VO is changing itself.
You can write the VO into the car or you can leave it.
Important is only that the VO with 2TB was loaded before coding.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2019, 04:14 AM   #268
CalBadda
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F31

Coded 2TB into a mid-2013 F31 and took it out for first drive yesterday - I feel like the rev counter is not reflecting the actual revs of the engine - stays below 2k for example when I can hear the engine revving up, and the fuel consumption gauge goes off the scale.
Switching to manual mode seems to "reset" the counter and it reflects actual revs, but then putting it back in either drive or S-auto and after a while the same thing happens.
Only thing I did was accidentally code the individual CAFDs rather than the whole ECU the first time around - then recoded the full ECU afterwards. No errors showing in the car other than the need to reset date/time.
Is this a known issue at all, or perfectly normal (unlikely)? Or should I revert to factory 205 setting and try again? Vin is F665538 if that helps.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2019, 08:39 AM   #269
CalBadda
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F31

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalBadda View Post
Coded 2TB into a mid-2013 F31 and took it out for first drive yesterday - I feel like the rev counter is not reflecting the actual revs of the engine - stays below 2k for example when I can hear the engine revving up, and the fuel consumption gauge goes off the scale.
Switching to manual mode seems to "reset" the counter and it reflects actual revs, but then putting it back in either drive or S-auto and after a while the same thing happens.
Only thing I did was accidentally code the individual CAFDs rather than the whole ECU the first time around - then recoded the full ECU afterwards. No errors showing in the car other than the need to reset date/time.
Is this a known issue at all, or perfectly normal (unlikely)? Or should I revert to factory 205 setting and try again? Vin is F665538 if that helps.

Thanks!

Working fine now, must have sorted itself out after a couple of drives cause I didn't change anything!
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2019, 02:26 AM   #270
RokasLTU
Rep
Drives: Volvo V50, BMW 318d

Hello,

My car already has Sport+, menus, and in D/S mode it shows S1, S1 and so on.

But checking the vin, it shows 205 Automatic transmission instead of 2TB.

Maybe previuos owner had coded it?

How to know which transmission do I have without editing.

My esys cable is still coming.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2019, 06:13 AM   #271
Vortex8
Rep
Drives: BMW GT 328xi

If you have M-Sport package you can have 205. I have 3GT M-sport and I've had Sport+ and in Sport mode it showed S1 S2... I've coded the 2TB and the difference was significant. I think that with 2TB option you also get the shift paddles.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2019, 04:44 AM   #272
dzudzar.vladimir
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 320d 2013

Question

Hello, I today coded sport+ mode, launch control, sport transmission. When I put car into sport + mode, shifter to the left it shows S1, S2 and when I step on it shifts pretty hard, I get hard kicks when changing gears. Is that good?
Appreciate 0