F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest > Help needed to decide upgrade screen and audio
proTUNING Freaks

12-24-2019, 12:01 PM   #1
Sounder
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 3

Help needed to decide upgrade screen and audio

Hi BMW experts!

I recently purhcased my first ever BMW, 2016 320i and i am not familiar with car electronics but i have 2 different questions please expert help me to decide with details

Current config - 6.6" Screen with basic iDrive feature, No navigation, Rear camera, Drive Assistance package

FIrst Question:
Want to upgrade to bigger screen, so Bimmertech Vivid Screen 8.8" or AVIN USA 10.25"? (dont want nvaigation but looking to add android auto)
VividSCreen + Android Auto MMI = $1250
AVIN USA SCreen with Android play (including (North America) | Android 9.0 With 4GB RAM | 4G SIM Card Support | Qualcomm Snapdragon | Black Trim Bezel +$99.99 + YES - Black adapter (Support wireless CarPlay) +$99.99) = $600
or OEM from eBay?

If i buy AVIN 10.25", do i need to cut my dash to fit or does it work without cutting anything from my dash?
Once i upgrade my screen, do i have to upgrade iDrive software to get extra features like EQ for sound?
So with these display options, my existing rear camera and driver assistance package works fine?

Second Question:
I have HiFi audio system and decided to upgrade so BAVSound or BimmerTech Alpha one? Price wise both are same around $2000 to upgrade AMP, Woofers, Twitters and all SPeakers

Please help me to understand and decide
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2019, 10:29 PM   #2
BMW DIY Guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
2024 BMW M2  [9.80]
2017 BMW X1  [10.00]
2001 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sounder View Post
Hi BMW experts!

I recently purhcased my first ever BMW, 2016 320i and i am not familiar with car electronics but i have 2 different questions please expert help me to decide with details

Current config - 6.6" Screen with basic iDrive feature, No navigation, Rear camera, Drive Assistance package

FIrst Question:
Want to upgrade to bigger screen, so Bimmertech Vivid Screen 8.8" or AVIN USA 10.25"? (dont want nvaigation but looking to add android auto)
VividSCreen + Android Auto MMI = $1250
AVIN USA SCreen with Android play (including (North America) | Android 9.0 With 4GB RAM | 4G SIM Card Support | Qualcomm Snapdragon | Black Trim Bezel +$99.99 + YES - Black adapter (Support wireless CarPlay) +$99.99) = $600
or OEM from eBay?

If i buy AVIN 10.25", do i need to cut my dash to fit or does it work without cutting anything from my dash?
Once i upgrade my screen, do i have to upgrade iDrive software to get extra features like EQ for sound?
So with these display options, my existing rear camera and driver assistance package works fine?

Second Question:
I have HiFi audio system and decided to upgrade so BAVSound or BimmerTech Alpha one? Price wise both are same around $2000 to upgrade AMP, Woofers, Twitters and all SPeakers

Please help me to understand and decide
I am running both the Avin and Bimmertech speakers in my F32, and am nothing but impressed.

I can do the install too.
'Lillith' F87 M2 Competition Build Thread
Appreciate 0