F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Front Park Distance Control (PDC) Retrofit DYI
European Auto Source (EAS)
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-07-2017, 02:31 AM   #111
Funkier
Private
4
Rep
67
Posts

Drives: F30 316i
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Turkey

iTrader: (0)

Hi there,

Great work with front PDC retrofit. I wonder if there is a way to adjust the rear PDC sensitivity. After NBT retrofit my rear PDC is awkwardly sensitive but laggy as well. I mean there is a time lag when the sensor beeps but the amount of that beep is exaggerated when the actual distance is observed.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2017, 08:37 PM   #112
iFreeStylin
Private
United_States
14
Rep
76
Posts

Drives: 2014 328i xdrive
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Connecticut, USA

iTrader: (0)

I recently had the OEM rear view camera and the rear PDC installed on my F30. I had the front PDC installed today but don't have anyone to code it until Monday. I have zero experience in coding but done lots of reading and am naturally good at this stuff.
Now, the 508 option is already there but the front PDC isn't working. How do i get it to work?

Last edited by iFreeStylin; 06-09-2017 at 11:36 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2017, 12:47 PM   #113
rflagg
Private
6
Rep
53
Posts

Drives: F31
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Finland

iTrader: (0)

Did you change the FA yourself? You need to code the affected modules too if you didn't do it already.

Remember that you also need to remove 507.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2017, 02:12 PM   #114
iFreeStylin
Private
United_States
14
Rep
76
Posts

Drives: 2014 328i xdrive
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Connecticut, USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rflagg View Post
Did you change the FA yourself? You need to code the affected modules too if you didn't do it already.

Remember that you also need to remove 507.
No I didn't change FA my self. There is no 507 only 508. It seems 508 is already added to FA and the modules seems to coded too. Am just not sure what to do as it seems they should be working unless am missing something.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2017, 03:00 PM   #115
jkwhar
Lieutenant
107
Rep
486
Posts

Drives: F30 328i Xdrive | F15 x35i
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Central NJ

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFreeStylin View Post
No I didn't change FA my self. There is no 507 only 508. It seems 508 is already added to FA and the modules seems to coded too. Am just not sure what to do as it seems they should be working unless am missing something.
Did you try re-coding the FEM_Body, REM,HU_NBT & ICM?
__________________
Did my post help? Click "Appreciate!"

F30 328i xDrive | 475 BSM | 2A5 18" | Cold Weather | Nav Pro | Tech Pkg | Injen Intake | CW DP | VRSF IC | MR Dual Exhaust | BM3 | BC coilovers | Swift springs | Integral Audio | Retrofit: 522 & 524 EDM | 5AC | VLD | 2TB SAT | 508 | 3AG | 5DL | 6WB | 8TH
Appreciate 1
      06-09-2017, 03:12 PM   #116
iFreeStylin
Private
United_States
14
Rep
76
Posts

Drives: 2014 328i xdrive
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Connecticut, USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkwhar View Post
Did you try re-coding the FEM_Body, REM,HU_NBT & ICM?
No i haven't tried that. Basically i need to select those ECU's and Detect CAF for SWE then select code?
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2017, 03:24 PM   #117
jkwhar
Lieutenant
107
Rep
486
Posts

Drives: F30 328i Xdrive | F15 x35i
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Central NJ

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFreeStylin View Post
No i haven't tried that. Basically i need to select those ECU's and Detect CAF for SWE then select code?
Right click the ECU (not the underlying CAFD), and click "Code".

http://www.bmwesys.com/guides/VO%20C...ep%20Guide.pdf
__________________
Did my post help? Click "Appreciate!"

F30 328i xDrive | 475 BSM | 2A5 18" | Cold Weather | Nav Pro | Tech Pkg | Injen Intake | CW DP | VRSF IC | MR Dual Exhaust | BM3 | BC coilovers | Swift springs | Integral Audio | Retrofit: 522 & 524 EDM | 5AC | VLD | 2TB SAT | 508 | 3AG | 5DL | 6WB | 8TH
Appreciate 1
      06-09-2017, 03:28 PM   #118
iFreeStylin
Private
United_States
14
Rep
76
Posts

Drives: 2014 328i xdrive
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Connecticut, USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkwhar View Post
Right click the ECU (not the underlying CAFD), and click "Code".

http://www.bmwesys.com/guides/VO%20C...ep%20Guide.pdf
Since the VO option (508) is already there, i could just go to code the ECUs? also will this affects any coding i had done before?
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2017, 03:46 PM   #119
jkwhar
Lieutenant
107
Rep
486
Posts

Drives: F30 328i Xdrive | F15 x35i
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Central NJ

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFreeStylin View Post
Since the VO option (508) is already there, i could just go to code the ECUs? also will this affects any coding i had done before?
As long the 508 is there, all you have to do is code the affecting ECUs that I listed above. This will overwrite any FDL codings you may have on those ECUs.
__________________
Did my post help? Click "Appreciate!"

F30 328i xDrive | 475 BSM | 2A5 18" | Cold Weather | Nav Pro | Tech Pkg | Injen Intake | CW DP | VRSF IC | MR Dual Exhaust | BM3 | BC coilovers | Swift springs | Integral Audio | Retrofit: 522 & 524 EDM | 5AC | VLD | 2TB SAT | 508 | 3AG | 5DL | 6WB | 8TH
Appreciate 1
      06-09-2017, 04:21 PM   #120
iFreeStylin
Private
United_States
14
Rep
76
Posts

Drives: 2014 328i xdrive
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Connecticut, USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkwhar View Post
As long the 508 is there, all you have to do is code the affecting ECUs that I listed above. This will overwrite any FDL codings you may have on those ECUs.
Thanks i got the front PDC's working! Lost a bunch of coding i had done tho. Well at least now i get a chance to do them on my own.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2017, 04:34 PM   #121
jkwhar
Lieutenant
107
Rep
486
Posts

Drives: F30 328i Xdrive | F15 x35i
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Central NJ

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFreeStylin View Post
Thanks i got the front PDC's working! Lost a bunch of coding i had done tho. Well at least now i get a chance to do them on my own.
Awesome! Recoding it worked or was it something else?
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2017, 04:47 PM   #122
iFreeStylin
Private
United_States
14
Rep
76
Posts

Drives: 2014 328i xdrive
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Connecticut, USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkwhar View Post
Awesome! Recoding it worked or was it something else?
I think the recoding did it!
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2017, 04:44 AM   #123
rflagg
Private
6
Rep
53
Posts

Drives: F31
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Finland

iTrader: (0)

Thanks jkwhar for all the help, managed to plug in the wires and the button is working as it should. Although my hands are pretty scratched up now it's actually not so difficult once you know what you're doing, I could now probably remove the plug in a couple of mins.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2017, 03:53 PM   #124
jkwhar
Lieutenant
107
Rep
486
Posts

Drives: F30 328i Xdrive | F15 x35i
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Central NJ

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rflagg View Post
Thanks jkwhar for all the help, managed to plug in the wires and the button is working as it should. Although my hands are pretty scratched up now it's actually not so difficult once you know what you're doing, I could now probably remove the plug in a couple of mins.
Glad I was able to help! Yeah, once you see how it works, its pretty simple haha.
__________________
Did my post help? Click "Appreciate!"

F30 328i xDrive | 475 BSM | 2A5 18" | Cold Weather | Nav Pro | Tech Pkg | Injen Intake | CW DP | VRSF IC | MR Dual Exhaust | BM3 | BC coilovers | Swift springs | Integral Audio | Retrofit: 522 & 524 EDM | 5AC | VLD | 2TB SAT | 508 | 3AG | 5DL | 6WB | 8TH
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2017, 10:03 AM   #125
rflagg
Private
6
Rep
53
Posts

Drives: F31
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Finland

iTrader: (0)

Still struggling with this upgrade, haven't had much time to work on the car but I finally have the new front bumper fitted with PDC sensors and everything set up EXCEPT that it's impossible to correctly plug in the retrofit kit wires into REM. For some reason the plugs seem to big and they won't plug in unless you use a lot of force, and even then, it looks kind of sketchy (they won't correctly click into place, looks like they may short etc...).

In the end I've now ordered a new REM connector + a bunch of repair wires since the two repair wires I had seemed to plug in just fine. It's weird, the ones in the retrofit kit look correct but I guess they're fractionally too big.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2017, 09:42 AM   #126
jkwhar
Lieutenant
107
Rep
486
Posts

Drives: F30 328i Xdrive | F15 x35i
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Central NJ

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rflagg View Post
Still struggling with this upgrade, haven't had much time to work on the car but I finally have the new front bumper fitted with PDC sensors and everything set up EXCEPT that it's impossible to correctly plug in the retrofit kit wires into REM. For some reason the plugs seem to big and they won't plug in unless you use a lot of force, and even then, it looks kind of sketchy (they won't correctly click into place, looks like they may short etc...).

In the end I've now ordered a new REM connector + a bunch of repair wires since the two repair wires I had seemed to plug in just fine. It's weird, the ones in the retrofit kit look correct but I guess they're fractionally too big.
Few members have mentioned that here and ended up ordering the alternative contact pins/repair wires. Since I had to do the rear PDC and knew the contact pin from that diy worked, I just ordered those. Just keep in mind, when I was working on the PDC pins at the REM, I could visually see some of the pins could touch at the top (where the wires comes out) so I added some electrical tape just to be safe. If you didn't have to do your rear PDC, this may not apply to you but just keep an eye out.
__________________
Did my post help? Click "Appreciate!"

F30 328i xDrive | 475 BSM | 2A5 18" | Cold Weather | Nav Pro | Tech Pkg | Injen Intake | CW DP | VRSF IC | MR Dual Exhaust | BM3 | BC coilovers | Swift springs | Integral Audio | Retrofit: 522 & 524 EDM | 5AC | VLD | 2TB SAT | 508 | 3AG | 5DL | 6WB | 8TH
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2017, 10:21 PM   #127
agilbert314
Enlisted Member
Canada
0
Rep
38
Posts

Drives: F30 328i xDrive Sport 2013
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Quebec

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkwhar View Post
I ordered the items on that list. The rubber grommet didn't fit the socket housing, maybe it was me but it was too big (61138353705). I didn't try to figure out the correct one, just took some hot glue and filled it in so water/moisture didnt get into the socket housing.

I order 25 feet of 22 gauge TXL wire from ebay, you will need 6 different colors.
Since I did the rear PDC, I know that the pin #12527522387 works so I ordered those for the REM side and for the socket housing, the pin listed in the instructions (61131383776).

All you have to do is crimp the pins to the new wires for the PDC side while noting which color on the front apron its lines up with. The PDC front apron harness has 6 colors, match those to the wires you're making. After running ithe wires cut the length when you get to the REM while keeping some slack. Pin those wires and then go back to your notes. Its really simple.

Hi jkwhar,

What about the Centre console control unit retrofit cable that is part of the install kit? Did you make it yourself as well?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2017, 01:14 PM   #128
Davef30hull
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
5
Rep
41
Posts

Drives: 2013 F30 msport
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Uk

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyFor
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxxor View Post
I would double check everything against the pin connection list, it is shown here in my Rear PDC DIY. The colors listed are the rear pins but its easy to identify the spots for the front ones.
Hi Roxxor,

The wiring was the first thing i double checked when my first attempt was failed. I even called the supplier from my retrofitharness to confirm the colorcoding/n pins where correct.

Information from the supplier ( copied from BMW retrofit manual ) and the way it is connected

F30/F31 cars only
Connect branches A2–A7 as follows to plug A174*14B,
SW 54-pin socket casing, on REM A174:

- Branch A2, GN/WS cable, to PIN 48
- Branch A3, BR/WS cable, to PIN 36
- Branch A4, BL/RT cable, to PIN 53
- Branch A5, BL/SW cable, to PIN 40
- Branch A6, BL/BR cable, to PIN 41
- Branch A7, BL/GN cable, to PIN 52

Connect plug A174*14B to REM A174.




rg K
hi did you ever get to the bottom of this as I'm getting exactly the same message
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2017, 05:16 PM   #129
Icydubloon
Private
Icydubloon's Avatar
United_States
25
Rep
96
Posts

Drives: 2013 328i
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Oakland, CA

iTrader: (1)

Where did people order the front PDC retrofit harness (not the part that plugs into the actual sensors but instead the piece that goes to REM)?
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2017, 08:08 AM   #130
jkwhar
Lieutenant
107
Rep
486
Posts

Drives: F30 328i Xdrive | F15 x35i
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Central NJ

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icydubloon View Post
Where did people order the front PDC retrofit harness (not the part that plugs into the actual sensors but instead the piece that goes to REM)?
I made my own. Pretty easy to make. I just made sure the factory wire colors followed thru from the PDC sensor harness(where the PDC sensor connects to) all the way back to the REM.
__________________
Did my post help? Click "Appreciate!"

F30 328i xDrive | 475 BSM | 2A5 18" | Cold Weather | Nav Pro | Tech Pkg | Injen Intake | CW DP | VRSF IC | MR Dual Exhaust | BM3 | BC coilovers | Swift springs | Integral Audio | Retrofit: 522 & 524 EDM | 5AC | VLD | 2TB SAT | 508 | 3AG | 5DL | 6WB | 8TH
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2017, 08:10 AM   #131
jkwhar
Lieutenant
107
Rep
486
Posts

Drives: F30 328i Xdrive | F15 x35i
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Central NJ

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by agilbert314 View Post
Hi jkwhar,

What about the Centre console control unit retrofit cable that is part of the install kit? Did you make it yourself as well?

Thanks
If you're talking about the single wire (green and/or blue) that connects the Center console to the ICM, that cable came with something that I ordered. I'll have to dig thru my pictures and see what it came with.

EDIT: I think it came with the HSD Cable set for the surround view retrofit.
__________________
Did my post help? Click "Appreciate!"

F30 328i xDrive | 475 BSM | 2A5 18" | Cold Weather | Nav Pro | Tech Pkg | Injen Intake | CW DP | VRSF IC | MR Dual Exhaust | BM3 | BC coilovers | Swift springs | Integral Audio | Retrofit: 522 & 524 EDM | 5AC | VLD | 2TB SAT | 508 | 3AG | 5DL | 6WB | 8TH
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2017, 08:51 AM   #132
atzebmw
Major
Germany
259
Rep
1,210
Posts

Drives: BMW 335XD F30 LCI
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icydubloon View Post
Where did people order the front PDC retrofit harness (not the part that plugs into the actual sensors but instead the piece that goes to REM)?
You can buy it at your dealer.
part number: 61122334361

It is also included to the PDC front retrofit kit with part number 66202338070
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:53 PM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST