F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > CANADA > Doug Ford wins PC
ARMA SPEED

03-11-2018, 10:12 AM   #1
Ali Shiralian
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i xdrive, 2014 X5 3.5d

Garage List
Doug Ford wins PC

What are your thoughts?

His style is very similar to Trump. Is this what this province needs after years of Liberal decimation of my province?
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2018, 11:00 AM   #2
Ali Shiralian
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
So let me get this straight:

The PCs ousted Patrick Brown for pretty much being a scummy, awful person. And then proceeded to elect Doug Ford, who has to be the shadiest, Trumpiest guy in the province. I don't really know what to say. They could have put someone bland and generally "fine" in charge and had an easy victory on election day. Instead they chose the most controversial and offensive guy on the ballot.

Just get out and vote come election day, please? This is the most important thing. Do not buy into the idea that "all the leaders suck, so I'm just not going to vote." They are NOT all the same, and that is a terrible justification for disengagement.

Try to make absolutely sure that if you ARE frustrated with how things are in this province for some reason - that you actually feel that way rather than "this is just what everyone knows." Make sure that you have real justification for whatever anger you might have, and that you recognize what a government led by this man could do to much of the progress that has been made in many directions. Please engage and make an effort to inform yourself, whatever your leanings might be.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2018, 11:41 AM   #3
tokic_o
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 / F36 430i / E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali Shiralian View Post
So let me get this straight:

The PCs ousted Patrick Brown for pretty much being a scummy, awful person. And then proceeded to elect Doug Ford, who has to be the shadiest, Trumpiest guy in the province. I don't really know what to say. They could have put someone bland and generally "fine" in charge and had an easy victory on election day. Instead they chose the most controversial and offensive guy on the ballot.

Just get out and vote come election day, please? This is the most important thing. Do not buy into the idea that "all the leaders suck, so I'm just not going to vote." They are NOT all the same, and that is a terrible justification for disengagement.

Try to make absolutely sure that if you ARE frustrated with how things are in this province for some reason - that you actually feel that way rather than "this is just what everyone knows." Make sure that you have real justification for whatever anger you might have, and that you recognize what a government led by this man could do to much of the progress that has been made in many directions. Please engage and make an effort to inform yourself, whatever your leanings might be.

The new dilemma now is.... I really don't appreciate all the things Wynne has done/implemented in her tenure for Ontario but I would hate to have someone like Ford being our premier . It was such an easier decision with Brown as the leader or like you said someone more bland and clean-slated in public eye.
Appreciate 1
      03-11-2018, 12:11 PM   #4
Ali Shiralian
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tokic_o View Post
The new dilemma now is.... I really don't appreciate all the things Wynne has done/implemented in her tenure for Ontario but I would hate to have someone like Ford being our premier . It was such an easier decision with Brown as the leader or like you said someone more bland and clean-slated in public eye.
I agree completely. Voting for Ford is like jumping from one frying pan to another.

God help the people of this province...
Appreciate 1
tokic_o33.50
      03-11-2018, 06:37 PM   #5
blue dragon
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 Tesla MY + '23 Tesla MY

So many qualified candidates and they elected DF. CE or Mulroney would have had my vote...

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...ticle12153014/

In all honesty, I despise Wynne, but there is no way I am voting for the conservatives with DF as party leader
      03-11-2018, 09:20 PM   #6
Ali Shiralian
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue dragon View Post
So many qualified candidates and they elected DF. CE or Mulroney would have had my vote...

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...ticle12153014/

In all honesty, I despise Wynne, but there is no way I am voting for the conservatives with DF as party leader
I feel the same and wondering what to do now. I can't see myself voting for the current queen at the queens park again.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2018, 11:36 AM   #7
JackAdams
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '13 335xi

I really don't want to get all worked up about this terrible situation, so I'll just say I agree with you guys. The PC party has put us in a lose-lose situation. And by all the polls I've seen, just give the guy the province now. Liberals weren't even in 2nd place in the poll I saw this a.m.

And just like the U.S., I believe I heard that Christine won the popular vote and more ridings, but lost the college? I didn't even know that's how it worked up here, lol.

03-12-2018, 01:35 PM   #8
Twindubs
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M40i

Ford is not even close to Trump. He'll do a much better job with the books. Liberals have put this province 300 billion in debt over last 15 years and for what? Healthcare is at an all time worst. Ford has my vote
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2018, 04:39 PM   #9
Ali Shiralian
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackAdams View Post
I really don't want to get all worked up about this terrible situation, so I'll just say I agree with you guys. The PC party has put us in a lose-lose situation. And by all the polls I've seen, just give the guy the province now. Liberals weren't even in 2nd place in the poll I saw this a.m.

And just like the U.S., I believe I heard that Christine won the popular vote and more ridings, but lost the college? I didn't even know that's how it worked up here, lol.

It's a real problem when two major parties don't have a viable candidate. Never thought it'd come to this but it did
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2018, 07:46 PM   #10
F30inthe6ix
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 BMW 328i 6MT

Make Ontario Great Again.

No, seriously tho, I'm a little worried. I would NEVER vote for Wynne after the mismanagement we've witnessed during her tenure, however I thought the purpose of the PC election was to get the party back on solid footing in time for the provincial elections in July. By voting Ford in, I don't think the PC party has taken the necessary steps to avoid the potential for controversy. I do not exactly see Doug Ford as the ideal-type candidate the PC party was hoping for after the Brown scandal...but, at the same time, I would still vote for my dog before I vote Ontario Liberals again.
      03-12-2018, 07:59 PM   #11
blue dragon
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twindubs View Post
Ford is not even close to Trump. He'll do a much better job with the books. Liberals have put this province 300 billion in debt over last 15 years and for what? Healthcare is at an all time worst. Ford has my vote
Yes, largest sub-soverign debt in the world, but there are so many people who don't care and just want their entitlements.
Ford pandered to the social conservatives to get this win. The same people who want to reopen the abortion debate , I can't vote for him. We need someone who is centrist, fiscally responsible (none of those carbon taxes that are business killers, none of the crazy high corporate taxes, or small business tax rate increases).

National Pharmacare? Universal childcare? Who the hell is paying for all this, again, people just want their entitlements, and the Liberals are more than willing to pander to them after all the scandals to secure votes.

There really aren't any choices in the June election, I'm not going to vote for tax and spend NDP either.
      03-12-2018, 08:35 PM   #12
tokic_o
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 / F36 430i / E92 M3

Quote:
Yes, largest sub-soverign debt in the world, but there are so many people who don't care and just want their entitlements.
Ford pandered to the social conservatives to get this win. The same people who want to reopen the abortion debate , I can't vote for him. We need someone who is centrist, fiscally responsible (none of those carbon taxes that are business killers, none of the crazy high corporate taxes, or small business tax rate increases).

National Pharmacare? Universal childcare? Who the hell is paying for all this, again, people just want their entitlements, and the Liberals are more than willing to pander to them after all the scandals to secure votes.

There really aren't any choices in the June election, I'm not going to vote for tax and spend NDP either.
I don't think many (if any) folks on these forums would be an NDP supporter lol just not their demographic
Appreciate 2
      03-13-2018, 11:37 AM   #13
Ali Shiralian
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twindubs View Post
The only difference I see between Ford and Trump the way I see it is ford is not anti-immigrant is a bulk of his supporters are immigrants. His brash style and other social issues are pretty much the same.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2018, 12:38 PM   #14
ez2c
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3 Frozen silver

Wynne has tap danced all over this province for far too long. Dictates her own ideological beliefs towards our children and schooling system and has left this province in shambles. Although I'm not a staunch DF supporter, id be more then happy to give him a shot then have the status quo.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2018, 01:36 PM   #15
Ali Shiralian
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ez2c View Post
Wynne has tap danced all over this province for far too long. Dictates her own ideological beliefs towards our children and schooling system and has left this province in shambles. Although I'm not a staunch DF supporter, id be more then happy to give him a shot then have the status quo.
I'm not voting DF and I absolutely abhore Wynne. NDP is out of the question so Thrillium party might be in play here. All joking aside, I think a lot of people will feel like me and either don't bother to vote or go and cast a NO vote which in itself is not helpful.
Appreciate 1
      03-13-2018, 05:53 PM   #16
blue dragon
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali Shiralian View Post
I'm not voting DF and I absolutely abhore Wynne. NDP is out of the question so Thrillium party might be in play here. All joking aside, I think a lot of people will feel like me and either don't bother to vote or go and cast a NO vote which in itself is not helpful.
No win situation. Spoiled ballot inbound
Quote:
Originally Posted by ez2c View Post
Dictates her own ideological beliefs towards our children and schooling system and has left this province in shambles.
Gender fluidity science is hogwash. The person who helped develop the liberal curriculum was a pedophile

http://torontosun.com/2015/03/02/lib...f-615c26ba14ff
      03-13-2018, 07:49 PM   #17
ez2c
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3 Frozen silver

Quote:
No win situation. Spoiled ballot inbound
Gender fluidity science is hogwash. The person who helped develop the liberal curriculum was a pedophile

http://torontosun.com/2015/03/02/lib...f-615c26ba14ff
Absolutely!
Appreciate 0