F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Looking for F33
ARMA SPEED

02-23-2024, 06:41 AM   #1
Guvernator
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i SE Cabriolet

Looking for F33

Hello

I used to own an e93 335i many years ago but had to sell it due to growing family.

I've got the itch again and want to jump into an F33, however I'm after one which has the M performance kit fitted as I think it gives it a unique look but they seem to be rare as hens teeth, only 3 or 4 listed on AT.

Can anyone give advice on where I should look. AT is a bit rubbish in that most of the ad's don't actually list the m performance kit.

My alternative option was to maybe buy one without the kit and fit it myself but I believe this will be very expensive to do retroactively. It doesn't help that I can't seem to find prices for the kits. I've seen a few rear spoilers etc but the carbon\black side skirts seem impossible to source from anywhere.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2024, 08:29 AM   #2
Pond
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E89 Z4, F31 and Z3 project

https://www.ctcarbon.co/collections/...1f0572f7&_ss=c

Still supplying these at £299 for the full gloss black kit.
Picture of my old F33 440 with that kit fitted.
HTH
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-23-2024, 09:42 AM   #3
Guvernator
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i SE Cabriolet

That does look good but I'd either want the original BMW M perf kit or a good quality Carbon Fibre kit. Annoyingly that site you linked lists carbon fibre kits for the F32 and F36 but not the F33.

Also where did you get the side skirt decals from? I assume they are replica's as I think the BMW ones cover most of the side bumper in black.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2024, 11:14 AM   #4
Pond
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guvernator View Post
That does look good but I'd either want the original BMW M perf kit or a good quality Carbon Fibre kit. Annoyingly that site you linked lists carbon fibre kits for the F32 and F36 but not the F33.

Also where did you get the side skirt decals from? I assume they are replica's as I think the BMW ones cover most of the side bumper in black.
The side decals are actually BMW originals; the only bits that are! They are full sill length in matt black, just hidden well on a grey car.

They were an absolute bitch to fit!
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2024, 08:50 AM   #5
Retford_Red
Registered
Rep
Drives: F33 435D XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guvernator View Post
Hello

I used to own an e93 335i many years ago but had to sell it due to growing family.

I've got the itch again and want to jump into an F33, however I'm after one which has the M performance kit fitted as I think it gives it a unique look but they seem to be rare as hens teeth, only 3 or 4 listed on AT.

Can anyone give advice on where I should look. AT is a bit rubbish in that most of the ad's don't actually list the m performance kit.

My alternative option was to maybe buy one without the kit and fit it myself but I believe this will be very expensive to do retroactively. It doesn't help that I can't seem to find prices for the kits. I've seen a few rear spoilers etc but the carbon\black side skirts seem impossible to source from anywhere.
The F33's are notorious for water ingress, which often drowns the amp = very costly repair. If you go to look at one, lift up the flap (on the left hand side of the boot), remove the plastic cover and put your hand under the Amp. Any sign of water, or damp, then run a mile.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2024, 05:56 AM   #6
Pond
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retford_Red View Post
The F33's are notorious for water ingress, which often drowns the amp = very costly repair. If you go to look at one, lift up the flap (on the left hand side of the boot), remove the plastic cover and put your hand under the Amp. Any sign of water, or damp, then run a mile.
Good point.
The water gets trapped in the rear wings as the drain holes are crap and get blocked really easily. It then builds up until it eventually overflows into the boot.
As long as it hasn't got to the overflowing stage and damaged anything, the fix for the drains is very very simple so I wouldn't necessarily run a mile.

My F33 was a really low mileage pampered car when I bought it and I still got nearly a gallon of water out of both wings. I only noticed it as I could hear it sloshing about when reversing into my garage!
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2024, 09:22 AM   #7
Retford_Red
Registered
Rep
Drives: F33 435D XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pond View Post
Good point.
The water gets trapped in the rear wings as the drain holes are crap and get blocked really easily. It then builds up until it eventually overflows into the boot.
As long as it hasn't got to the overflowing stage and damaged anything, the fix for the drains is very very simple so I wouldn't necessarily run a mile.

My F33 was a really low mileage pampered car when I bought it and I still got nearly a gallon of water out of both wings. I only noticed it as I could hear it sloshing about when reversing into my garage!
Mine was a bit different, the drain plugs that get easily blocked had been removed by previous owner, but during heavy rain, water was getting into the boot through the seals and making it's way down into the area where the Amp is.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2024, 11:44 AM   #8
fuzzybunny
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Orange F33 435dx Convertible

My F33 is 3.5 years old now, no water ingress, (maybe BMW fixed that?)
435d xdrive diesel, goes like stink and still gets 39 mpg.
The six pot 3 litre diesel is sweet and indestructible but if you are a petrol head you wont get that growl!