F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > Thoughts on rear bumper splitters?
proTUNING Freaks

10-24-2022, 12:25 PM   #1
ravenorxs
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW '18 440i M-Perf. Edition

Thoughts on rear bumper splitters?

Hi folks,

Want to get some opinions on what people this of this item? It attaches to the side of the rear bumper.

Right now I feel my car feels a little exposed back there and was considering adding these on.

Some photos of the car currently:

Appreciate 0
      10-24-2022, 05:42 PM   #2
Dagstar
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 F31 M Sport

I like them as long as they follow the lines of the bumper and look like a continuation of the rocker extensions. I had some that went straight back instead of inward and thought there was too much lip. They were thicker than the rocker extensions as well. I took them off after about a month.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-25-2022, 12:32 AM   #3
ravenorxs
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW '18 440i M-Perf. Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagstar View Post
I like them as long as they follow the lines of the bumper and look like a continuation of the rocker extensions. I had some that went straight back instead of inward and thought there was too much lip. They were thicker than the rocker extensions as well. I took them off after about a month.
Yeah the ones I linked are contoured inward towards the bumper as it moves further back.

The only issue i have is that it's CF. Only my front diffisuer is CF. My side skirts and rear diffuser are all matte black. It might look a little wonky have the CF rear splitters.

I will sleep on it.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2022, 04:37 PM   #4
Samir72
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 340i

I think the rear splitter completes the overall look on my F30, I gloss black set follows the contours of the m performance rear diffuser and perfectly matches my gloss side skirts.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
toxik2454.50
      11-01-2022, 02:51 PM   #5
Dagstar
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 F31 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir72 View Post
I think the rear splitter completes the overall look on my F30, I gloss black set follows the contours of the m performance rear diffuser and perfectly matches my gloss side skirts.
That's exactly what I wish mine looked like. I can't find those in carbon fiber. I might just buy those and wrap them, or maybe try my luck laying real cf over it.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2022, 03:59 PM   #6
Samir72
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagstar View Post
That's exactly what I wish mine looked like. I can't find those in carbon fiber. I might just buy those and wrap them, or maybe try my luck laying real cf over it.

Thanks, I’ve never seen them in carbon only Matt or gloss black, but to be honest although a skim of real carbon would be nice I expect for the amount of effort involved it might be easier to just wrap them.

But if I had real carbon on the rest of the car I expect the wrap would bug me Knowing it was a wrap and the rest was full carbon.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2023, 12:04 AM   #7
freespirit
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f30 2016 BMW 328i

Quote:
That’s the exact one I’m looking for in gloss black. Do you mind posting the link for the item please. Thanks 😊

Retrofits: NBT evo ID6, 6wb cluster, heated steering wheel, HUD, Kafas2 with LDW, SLI, HBA, FCW and pedestrian warning, LCW, Surround View, Parking Assist and ACC with Stop
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2023, 01:27 PM   #8
toxik
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 340i xDrive 6MT

Quote:
thanks for the pics, i actually really like those unlike all the other ones i've seen. going to pick up a set of matte black ones!
Appreciate 1
Samir72433.00
      01-06-2023, 05:02 PM   #9
Samir72
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by freespirit View Post
That’s the exact one I’m looking for in gloss black. Do you mind posting the link for the item please. Thanks ��

I got mine from Gaz P not sure if they are in stock still but drop him a mail

https://gazp.co.uk/product-tag/bmw-f30/

But I have that another company seems to have followed his style with contour following the m sport bumper

https://www.vogueautomotive.com/prod...er-extensions/
Appreciate 1