F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Is this covered under warranty?? VERY POOR LEATHER QUALITY (pics)
proTUNING Freaks

07-20-2019, 02:51 PM   #67
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrumbyButter View Post
FWIW I was able to get my seat covers replaced, there was "cracking' on the side of the bottom seat. I have the fake leather, and it's a CPO, maybe the guy before me was super fat or something idk. Replaced free of charge under original warranty, but I guessing the all surface protection they included with the CPO would have covered it as well.
There is no cosmetic (surface) protection included the in the CPO (or really in any EW that I am aware of), unlike the original manufacturer warranty.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2019, 03:37 PM   #68
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
Quote:
FWIW I was able to get my seat covers replaced, there was "cracking' on the side of the bottom seat. I have the fake leather, and it's a CPO, maybe the guy before me was super fat or something idk. Replaced free of charge under original warranty, but I guessing the all surface protection they included with the CPO would have covered it as well.
There is no cosmetic (surface) protection included the in the CPO (or really in any EW that I am aware of), unlike the original manufacturer warranty.
I was thinking the same thing, I figure it was still within the factory coverage and the CPO just overlapped :
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2019, 03:40 PM   #69
CrumbyButter
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i xDrive

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
I was thinking the same thing, I figure it was still within the factory coverage and the CPO just overlapped :
I negotiated and they included the additional 'all surface' protection plan when they quoted the CPO.

Last edited by CrumbyButter; 07-20-2019 at 03:46 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2019, 04:36 PM   #70
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I negotiated and they included the additional 'all surface' protection plan when they quoted the CPO.
The all surface protection plan is purchased with a new car....not with the CPO.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2019, 07:59 PM   #71
CrumbyButter
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
The all surface protection plan is purchased with a new car....not with the CPO.
It is not part of the CPO per se. I dont' know what the dealer did, all I know is they gave me the additional protection plan in addition to CPO
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2019, 10:11 PM   #72
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
It is not part of the CPO per se. I dont' know what the dealer did, all I know is they gave me the additional protection plan in addition to CPO
Again, just like the wheel insurance, it is only sold with a new car.

You should have the paperwork with the details and what's covered (and by who) if you have it.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2019, 10:38 AM   #73
CrumbyButter
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

You should have the paperwork with the details and what's covered (and by who) if you have it.
Dunno what to tell you, it's what they gave me, I have the paperwork confirming
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2019, 07:03 PM   #74
Poochie
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

My dealer was able to sell me the wheel coverage, after I popped my first tire. The vehicle was 9 months in, with 3,000 miles or so.

So it doesn't necessarily have to be a new vehicle, at least in my experience but I understand your skepticism because I never heard of any cosmetic add-on insurance, expect for lease return indemnification.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2019, 07:17 PM   #75
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

My dealer was able to sell me the wheel coverage, after I popped my first tire. The vehicle was 9 months in, with 3,000 miles or so.

So it doesn't necessarily have to be a new vehicle, at least in my experience but I understand your skepticism because I never heard of any cosmetic add-on insurance, expect for lease return indemnification.
I had not heard of it but Google does have 3 whole hits....all leading back to forums with little info.

Wonder if it's a 3rd party product that a few Dealers sell and not an actual BMW product? 3rd party products usually are anxious for money and thus more lax when purchased.

GOLFFRR ?
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2019, 07:23 PM   #76
Poochie
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I had not heard of it but Google does have 3 whole hits....all leading back to forums with little info.

Wonder if it's a 3rd party product that a few Dealers sell and not an actual BMW product? 3rd party products usually are anxious for money and thus more lax when purchased.

GOLFFRR ?
Even then,

A cosmetic protection package on a used CPO vehicle? Nah..

Which aftermarket warranty company in their right mind would underwrite that kind of risk..

Something doesn't make sense but whatever.

BMW's only 'cosmetic protection' covers just the exterior, no interior wear or damage:

https://www.bmwofchampaign.com/asset...protection.pdf
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2019, 07:31 PM   #77
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

GOLFFRR ?
Even then,

A cosmetic protection package on a used CPO vehicle? Nah..

Which aftermarket warranty company in their right mind would underwrite that kind of risk..

Something doesn't make sense but whatever.
https://www.bmwseattle.com/appearance-protection.htm
Appreciate 1
Poochie9104.50
      07-22-2019, 06:12 AM   #78
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

wheel and tire insurance is available only when you sign the paperwork, unless something has changed in the last few weeks. Once you drive off the lot its not an option(I will double check today no problem ). There are however most likely some 3rd party options but I would have to ask Checa more about those next time I talk to her.

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0