F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Experience with 10.25" android 7.1 HU's
proTUNING Freaks

06-03-2018, 11:55 AM   #111
vooonoo
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Rep
Drives: f30 328

Garage List
2014 f30 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRuw View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by vooonoo View Post
Wait another month I want to see if there's any bugs before I buy
Offcourse there are bugs. You just need to determine if they weigh up to the pro's.
I hope everyone posts their experience so all can help and/or learn.
Yeah I know that just want to see if there's anything major, I'd also like to see someone run through what the thing can really do on a video. All the features to see what it can do that my car already can't do
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2018, 02:03 PM   #112
losdamianos
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 320D 2015

Supernova66 Can you confirm if dynamic lines are working on reverse camera ?
Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2018, 02:19 PM   #113
iwantaw335
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 320i

Hello, I just installed mines. Haven't tested much but ran into issues which someone mentioned earlier in this thread. Mines don't have fiber optic cable to transfer to new harness.

My problem

I have to select aux for Android sound to work. I can listen to YouTube. But when I use the video to watch the demo fast n furious, you can hear the sound for a little over a second and then no more sound.

Any advice?
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2018, 02:38 PM   #114
DRuw
Captain
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: G21 330e MSport Individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by florinbrv View Post
Found this on a forum:
Goto Settings/Wireless and Network Settings/WiFi Settings. Select your menu button, then Advanced. Try setting your Wifi Sleep policy to Never.

Not sure if it will help you, but worth a shot.
I'm still waiting for my unit, therefore I can't test this...

Edit: you can also try to remove the home WiFi network from your unit ?

Something else I found on another forum:
There is a 'Hotspot settings' option which references 'IPV4' and 'IPV4 and IPV6'. When the setting is on 'IPV4 and IPV6', the hotspot would turn off immediately. Changing this setting to 'IPV4' only, however, fixed the problem.
Tried all, didnt work. Home wifi connects directly, hotspot doesnt.
Couldnt find the IPV4 vs IPV6 option though... its not in my android phone...

Booted a couple of times today and without the "no signal" error for some reason.
Still dont know why it happened and if its gone now but will keep track of it.
The app that wacky007 mentioned for DAB doenst work in the background btw. it starts cracking and simply is crap to listen to.
The other one from the XDA forum should resolve this but I will test as soon as my remaining cables are in since the antenna is not reliable at the moment to test.

Sound is still very good here. Just tested some youtube videos and, although the full screen does create a black bar underneath (screen ratio related I think), the sound is simply same as my DAB factory radio

To be 100% honest, I dont see very much difference in speed compared to the AVIN. There is some increase in app startup and changeover but its not a major difference. Button layout of the idrive is better for me with the Ugode.
AVIN switched to app-nav as soon as I hit the nav button and the Ugode is using standard nav untill I long press it. Same as the voice command button that is completely overruled by the AVIN and can still be used with the Ugode.
All in all, the Ugode is the better one for me, without a doubt. but there are some small improvements in the software possible that make it 100% for me.
Lets see is regular daily driving will confirm this in the upcoming week
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2018, 03:54 PM   #115
iwantaw335
Second Lieutenant
Rep

The glare is making me go blind. My eyes are straining trying to look at the screen. Anyone find an anti-glare film that works? Before and after pics? I don't know why this isn't built into the screen to begin with.

Also can the brightness be adjusted? I went to the brightness section but no adjustment.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2018, 05:05 PM   #116
brandmaster
Rep
Drives: 2016 328i

Same as above. I'm also looking for a good screen protector.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2018, 06:40 PM   #117
Supernova66
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by losdamianos View Post
Supernova66 Can you confirm if dynamic lines are working on reverse camera ?
Thanks!
Yes they are... lines and sounds
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2018, 06:41 PM   #118
Supernova66
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantaw335 View Post
The glare is making me go blind. My eyes are straining trying to look at the screen. Anyone find an anti-glare film that works? Before and after pics? I don't know why this isn't built into the screen to begin with.

Also can the brightness be adjusted? I went to the brightness section but no adjustment.
Swipe down from the top of the screen and you can access brightness..
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2018, 08:23 PM   #119
ninors
Registered
Rep
Drives: x1 2016

Can I use idrive on the screen and listen to music before loading android?

Sorry my English
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2018, 09:12 PM   #120
iwantaw335
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Swipe down only allows me to adjust volume, which at the moment isn't working for video.

Edit. Found it. Its not a slider. You just gotta click until the value change. Could not see it until it was dark n no glare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supernova66 View Post
Swipe down from the top of the screen and you can access brightness..

Last edited by iwantaw335; 06-04-2018 at 12:52 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2018, 09:39 PM   #121
vanillahunter
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantaw335 View Post
Swipe down only allows me to adjust volume, which at the moment isn't working for video.
There are a series of options including brightness, tools, etc when you swipe down from top to bottom near the middle of the screen. I'll post a photo tomorrow
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2018, 09:41 PM   #122
vanillahunter
Rep

Supernova66 Have you experienced the audio cutting out when streaming from phone?
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2018, 09:48 PM   #123
Supernova66
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanillahunter View Post
Supernova66 Have you experienced the audio cutting out when streaming from phone?
I don't stream from my phone. I put all my audio stuff on a SD card and stream from that.
Appreciate 1
      06-03-2018, 11:01 PM   #124
Supernova66
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Wait another month I want to see if there's any bugs before I buy
Offcourse there are bugs. You just need to determine if they weigh up to the pro's.
I hope everyone posts their experience so all can help and/or learn.
Yeah I know that just want to see if there's anything major, I'd also like to see someone run through what the thing can really do on a video. All the features to see what it can do that my car already can't do
I made a quick video showing how I have mine setup. Bear with it as I am an amateur!
I did no narrations but showed how I can move between apps. I am also using a different launcher which I like better than the main one (I already have that style on the iDrive side)
Holler if any questions...
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2018, 01:40 AM   #125
florinbrv
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 320D

Quote:
I made a quick video showing how I have mine setup. Bear with it as I am an amateur!
I did no narrations but showed how I can move between apps. I am also using a different launcher which I like better than the main one (I already have that style on the iDrive side)
Great video, thanks!
I've just received an email from Louie, my unit was dispatched today. I'll post a video as well, after installing the unit, camera and DAB radio
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2018, 02:47 AM   #126
DRuw
Captain
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
Movie deleted
Nice video, love the V6 in the background
Your booting time is way longer than mine it seems but your speed in scrolling and in-app is a bit quicker than mine. Probably due to your launcher.
Launcher looks cool as well!

Small question for you guys with DAB: if you have the app in the background, behind navigation for example, does you sound start to crackle?
I heard that its app-related and I am going to try with different apps as soon as my antenna is correct but wanted to ask in advance
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2018, 03:09 AM   #127
orup
Rep
Drives: F34 (2014)

I ordered it too (a new forum user here), but I'm still wondering whether I need to code my screen resolution (I have no experience at all, is it easy?). I saw only one post about a stretched image by Thirdy and it couldn't be completely fixed (#85 in this thread). I have a 2013/12 manufactured F34 with 6-pin LVDS and 6.5" screen (non nav). Should I expect that I will have a stretched screen? I will hate it if it's stretched..

The 2nd thing I'm wondering too is the mic.. I ordered the mic too, but I'm not sure should I install it or not? Can someone explain in short (for dummies version) what are the reasons to install it / not install it?

Thanks Supernova66 for the video!
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2018, 04:16 AM   #128
DRuw
Captain
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by orup View Post
The 2nd thing I'm wondering too is the mic.. I ordered the mic too, but I'm not sure should I install it or not? Can someone explain in short (for dummies version) what are the reasons to install it / not install it?
Pro: mic is where you want it so it is better from a sound point-of-view but thats only if you use the BT for calling people.
Con: its another wire you need to hide somewhere
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2018, 04:47 AM   #129
orup
Rep
Drives: F34 (2014)

Quote:
Pro: mic is where you want it so it is better from a sound point-of-view but thats only if you use the BT for calling people.
Con: its another wire you need to hide somewhere
Thanks for the reply. But furthermore - how does it affect the android side? I read that it replaces the original mic, but I'm confused (after reading the both threads) whether it enables any functions? I'm happy with the current mic with BT calling before installing this device (hopefully next week). I might be just a bit slow..
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2018, 06:05 AM   #130
DRuw
Captain
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by orup View Post
Thanks for the reply. But furthermore - how does it affect the android side? I read that it replaces the original mic, but I'm confused (after reading the both threads) whether it enables any functions? I'm happy with the current mic with BT calling before installing this device (hopefully next week). I might be just a bit slow..
I dont think it actually replaces the mic (allthough indicated by Louie) but adds a directer and aimable mic to the system.
I have the unit installed without mic (that I also ordered) and it works fine till now.
I can have tekst to speach input with an app that works with it and perhaps it will make less mistakes with a external mic directed to my mouth but untill now I have no issues (but havent used it while driving with additional noise...
For 5 USD it was a no-brainer for me

Does anyone know it its possible to start the DAB app directly when you boot the unit?
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2018, 06:17 AM   #131
losdamianos
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 320D 2015

Quote:
Yes they are... lines and sounds
Great!
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2018, 08:41 AM   #132
vanillahunter
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanillahunter View Post
I only have the GPS connected. To be clear the unit had been running without issue for about an hour. the "skipping" is getting a little annoying as well. the loss of signal may be a heat thing, idk..
As an update, I have been doing a little troubleshooting to my shutdown issue. I stream audio from my phone, while running NAV etc. Two times my unit has displayed white lines, then no signal (I think it's a NAV issue). iDrive side works just fine, more to come.

Question to @supernova66 or anyone else, which of the RF lines are GPS antenna on the back of my head unit? I want to see if I have a GPS line from my roof antenna or not.
Appreciate 0