F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > 10.25" Android 9.0 HU discussion
GetBMWParts

01-23-2020, 08:08 AM   #2289
tmirage
Rep
Drives: BMW e61 (530i) 2009 - CIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by lehtee View Post
I have bought the full version. I could actually get self mode work at 480p resolution and 110 dpi, but it looks awful. If I try better resolution/dpi its just black screen
Hmm that is odd tho. i had the blackscreen issue in the trial version but not in the payed version.

so you do have the version with the updated graphics? instead of blue icons the greyish icons at the start of HUR where you choose the right mode to start right?

What i did with the payed version of HUR

install and start android auto
(5.0.500224-release APK January 22, 2020 arm64-v8a Android 5.0+ nodpi)

Become developer in android auto through settings (but you all did that since it works in self mode in specific resolutions.)

Then offcourse start the headunit server and exit the android auto app.
Start the payed version of HUR ( i also uninstalled the trial version of HUR)
tap self mode you get a few permission questions on first startup.
and off you go it worked with me on every resolution and every dpi setting when i also tested the screen.

Maybe try to clear the data and cache on HUR (trough android app settings) and retry the setup where you can also test the different resolutions and dpi settings again before it really starts?
All i got left is an issue with waze itself but the HUR works.
Appreciate 1
lehtee144.00
      01-23-2020, 09:46 AM   #2290
mdaxx
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F31 330dx

Quote:
Originally Posted by akirax View Post
I can't get it to work.

I configure all (as I saw in youtube videos what could be wrong) and when i connect I only have a black screen also my phone says that is connected.

Can you make a manual how to configure?

cheers.
There is a thread on XDA for headunit reloaded: https://forum.xda-developers.com/gen...droid-t3432348
Appreciate 1
akirax30.50
      01-23-2020, 10:35 AM   #2291
Mjam
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E87, i3, Taycan Cross Turismo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedErik View Post
That's a useful information. I'm not planning to do that myself, but knowing how OEM mic is built will save me a lot of time... when I eventually get to this point. I think I'll just look for a better mic to replace what comes with these units and report back here.
Looking forward to your findings. One challenge is that the internal mic is not deactivated when an external mic is plugged in, so no matter how good external mic you have, the internal mic will pick up noise and ruin the output.

Previous models of Android units were poorly designed in this regard, discussed here. I don't know if all of this is still true for our models, we need pictures or open the unit to know if proper shielding is in place now.

This app can run on the phone and record mic output from the Bluetooth connected device, so you can actually hear how your voice sounds like to people you talk to.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2020, 10:48 AM   #2292
lehtee
Private
Rep
Drives: F20

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmirage View Post
one important question first i think. have you bought the full version or are you on the trial limited 5 minutes version?
Thank you, got it working after doing a factory reset. However I get the same issue as someone said before if u try to input an address in maps it crashes HUR.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2020, 10:55 AM   #2293
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: E63 645Ci

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirjam View Post
Looking forward to your findings. One challenge is that the internal mic is not deactivated when an external mic is plugged in, so no matter how good external mic you have, the internal mic will pick up noise and ruin the output.

Previous models of Android units were poorly designed in this regard, discussed here. I don't know if all of this is still true for our models, we need pictures or open the unit to know if proper shielding is in place now.

This app can run on the phone and record mic output from the Bluetooth connected device, so you can actually hear how your voice sounds like to people you talk to.
I was actually planning to replace build in mic. It is a 4mm unit, so I got few 6mm, 9mm and 10mm options, either uni-directional or noise cancelling options. These all require pretty much same resistor/capacitor configuration so should be direct swap. So far I've recorded some sample files of stock configuration in various conditions - it's bad! Now I'm wiring a "quick release rig" for swapping out different options and testing. Results should be in soon.
Attached Images

Appreciate 6
Kri1083.50
Mjam133.50
Stainy265.00
      01-23-2020, 11:50 AM   #2294
lehtee
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbracerx1 View Post
For those on 3.8.3 does idrive still work backwards in CarPlay. I currently am on 3.8 and idrive works backwards. If it is fixed on 3.8.3 then I will go to that. I also noticed in carplay that the highs are muddled and had to turn down the aux input on the idrive side.
Not fixed in 3.8.3

There is also a bug in factory config I think. For some time people have been complaining that their sound/volume/eq settings are not being saved between restarts. I have the same issue and I also noticed that other factory settings have the same issue; for example I set the voice key to "disable", but it still opens my navi app. It looks like the headunit does not have write access to the factory_config file or something?

Could the issue be that my unit is from "LS" vendor (I can see this from the MCU version string), but I am using modified factory_config which is for GS vendor? Unfortunately I don't have a backup of my old factory_config so I cannot test it.

People who have issue with inconsistent factory settings: can you please report are you using original or modified factory_config from this forum,and which vendor is your unit? Also if someone has the OEM folder/factory_config for LS units, please share!

Last edited by lehtee; 01-23-2020 at 11:56 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2020, 01:05 PM   #2295
Jeff79
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

I have 2013 F30 and am looking for my first 10.2" touchscreen with latest Android, wireless Apple carplay, perhaps also LTE 4g sim slot etc. I got a bit overwhelmed by the selection in aliexpress and seems like very little information/reviews/comparisons about these devices.

I currently have my eyes on this: https://aliexpress.com/item/33027583700.html Seems like it is quite new (and expensive) version. Has there been progress beyond that device? Is there any other device that you would recommend me to have a look?
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2020, 02:17 PM   #2296
lehtee
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff79 View Post
I have 2013 F30 and am looking for my first 10.2" touchscreen with latest Android, wireless Apple carplay, perhaps also LTE 4g sim slot etc. I got a bit overwhelmed by the selection in aliexpress and seems like very little information/reviews/comparisons about these devices.

I currently have my eyes on this: https://aliexpress.com/item/33027583700.html Seems like it is quite new (and expensive) version. Has there been progress beyond that device? Is there any other device that you would recommend me to have a look?
Not sure about that one, SD625 with HD screen would be cool but it says PX6 in other place and Snapdragon in other, u have to ask seller which one it really is.

Also someone said there will be new generation coming with Android 10 but its just rumors
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2020, 02:46 AM   #2297
elnino72
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Bmw E92 320I

Good morning, my Chinese IDrive supplied with the Android 10.25 display does not give me the opportunity to move sideways, do you know if I can replace it with the original BMW one? I could find it used but I'm not sure it can work, has anyone tried it?
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2020, 03:50 AM   #2298
endursa
hardware modder
Rep
Drives: BMW f20

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedErik View Post
I was actually planning to replace build in mic. It is a 4mm unit, so I got few 6mm, 9mm and 10mm options, either uni-directional or noise cancelling options. These all require pretty much same resistor/capacitor configuration so should be direct swap. So far I've recorded some sample files of stock configuration in various conditions - it's bad! Now I'm wiring a "quick release rig" for swapping out different options and testing. Results should be in soon.
awesome, thanks for putting in the work for this, cause i also really am finding the audio quality not "perfect"
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2020, 05:59 AM   #2299
lehtee
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbracerx1 View Post
For those on 3.8.3 does idrive still work backwards in CarPlay. I currently am on 3.8 and idrive works backwards. If it is fixed on 3.8.3 then I will go to that. I also noticed in carplay that the highs are muddled and had to turn down the aux input on the idrive side.
This is actually a bug in the autoplay/autokit app, because carplay using the zlink app works normally. You should report the bug to the seller of your dongle
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2020, 07:38 AM   #2300
mrroger
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw 428i

Guys I need help! There is no sound from the android head unit (mp3, video, youtube etc).
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2020, 08:32 AM   #2301
daschacka
Private
Rep
Drives: M5Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrroger View Post
Guys I need help! There is no sound from the android head unit (mp3, video, youtube etc).
You got Harman Kardon? Then you need to replug the optical cable to the harness
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2020, 08:50 AM   #2302
mrroger
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw 428i

Quote:
Originally Posted by daschacka View Post
Nope, I got Hifi system.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2020, 09:33 AM   #2303
Kri
Major
Austria
Rep
Drives: E87

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnino72 View Post
Good morning, my Chinese IDrive supplied with the Android 10.25 display does not give me the opportunity to move sideways, do you know if I can replace it with the original BMW one? I could find it used but I'm not sure it can work, has anyone tried it?
Nop won`t work, the OEM Idrive Controller only does stay alive when an OEM Navigation Unit is installed.

Kri
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2020, 12:47 PM   #2304
gauchodan
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 328i F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrroger View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by daschacka View Post
Nope, I got Hifi system.
You likely need to run an AUX cable from the HU into the armrest
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2020, 06:03 PM   #2305
Jeff79
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

Quote:
Not sure about that one, SD625 with HD screen would be cool but it says PX6 in other place and Snapdragon in other, u have to ask seller which one it really is.

Also someone said there will be new generation coming with Android 10 but its just rumors
Ok, is there a big difference between snapdragon processor or PX6? I need something pretty quick so might not wait for Android 10.

This seems like the best one in AliExpress...carplay and android9 id7, hd screen with antiglow, 4g simcard slot etc...
https://aliexpress.com/item/33027583700.html

Is there similar options from USA or European manufacturers?
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2020, 11:51 PM   #2306
lehtee
Private
Rep

Quote:
Ok, is there a big difference between snapdragon processor or PX6? I need something pretty quick so might not wait for Android 10.

This seems like the best one in AliExpress...carplay and android9 id7, hd screen with antiglow, 4g simcard slot etc...

Read 1st post. SD625>px6 IMO.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2020, 02:56 AM   #2307
pcherian
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW320d

Quote:
Quote:

Read 1st post. SD625>px6 IMO.
Hi. I seem to have done some wrong connection for the +12V (red) power connection from the Android unit to power the reverse camera. I thought I had probably shorted something inside the Android 9.0 Snapdragon 4 64 unit. So to double check I connected back the Android 4.4.4 that I had installed earlier. The reverse camera was still showing "no signal" message. The after market reverse camera was working fine earlier both on the new Android 9.0 Snapdragon and the earlier unit of Android 4.4. It looks like I may have blown a fuse of the car or something else in the car. However the reverse lights are working in the car and I checked the fuses mentioned in my F30 which are for the music player but no problems there. Does anyone know from where the Android unit draws power for the +12 V power line for reverse camera?
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2020, 03:22 AM   #2308
Alves_369
Rep
Drives: BMW e90

BMW e90 with 10.25 snapdragon android

Hi, i have this rádio on my BMW e90 2006 pré lci and its os great! But i have an issue.. when i Touch on car info ONLY appear an analog clock why? How can i customizado this to other info from the car? Thanks..

My original system was rádio professional cd73..thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2020, 03:57 AM   #2309
Kri
Major
Austria
Rep
Drives: E87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alves_369 View Post
Hi, i have this rádio on my BMW e90 2006 pré lci and its os great! But i have an issue.. when i Touch on car info ONLY appear an analog clock why? How can i customizado this to other info from the car? Thanks..

My original system was rádio professional cd73..thanks
This is a normal behavior when you have no OEM navigation system, it is showing a clock instead of switching to OEM Display, as Radio Professional does have no Display connection.

Kri
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2020, 04:10 AM   #2310
Alves_369
Rep
Drives: BMW e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kri View Post
This is a normal behavior when you have no OEM navigation system, it is showing a clock instead of switching to OEM Display, as Radio Professional does have no Display connection.

Kri
Thanks Kri, so i can't customize that ? Any solution ir another APP? Another question i have carly obd2 bluetooth..i can t pair with my android.. this is why?
Appreciate 0