F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Float not working after walbro 450 swap
ARMA SPEED

04-18-2019, 05:54 AM   #1
MineralF30
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 335i

Float not working after walbro 450 swap

Swapped my low pressure fuel pump a few weekends ago and keep getting this code:

"193208: Plausibility check failed between consumed & remaining fuel quantity"

Fuel gauge doesn't really read the right amount of gas in the tank, it just stays around 3/4 most of the time. The float isn't stuck because I've taken it out multiple times since then and it works fine, so what else could it be?
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2019, 08:07 AM   #2
zole2112
Modder of everything I own
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i Xdrive

I have this as well, every tank it happens once. I thought first it was the Hydramat interfering with the float, I built my own Stage 2 with Walbro 450. I checked it twice and it was not the Hydramat so I thought it was the level sensor so I changed that but it still happens. I thought maybe it was just me. Sorry I can't help but I am subscribing hoping someone can shed some light.

Mine will go down normally until somewhere slightly around half and then suddenly go up to about 3/4 full and then after a while it will go back down when it gets below 1/4.
2013 BMW 335xi F30 N55 PWG/VRSF DP/ER CP/Injen CAI/AA FMIC/JB4 map 7/Fuel= E50 w/ E85:93oct/Stock LPFP & HPFP/CATuned coilovers/Megan Racing Rear Swaybar/Powerflex Rear Subframe Bushing Inserts/Dual aFe Power Mach Force Mufflers/Resonator Delete/MHD & BMS Race BEF
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2019, 08:29 AM   #3
MineralF30
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zole2112 View Post
I have this as well, every tank it happens once. I thought first it was the Hydramat interfering with the float, I built my own Stage 2 with Walbro 450. I checked it twice and it was not the Hydramat so I thought it was the level sensor so I changed that but it still happens. I thought maybe it was just me. Sorry I can't help but I am subscribing hoping someone can shed some light.

Mine will go down normally until somewhere slightly around half and then suddenly go up to about 3/4 full and then after a while it will go back down when it gets below 1/4.
Ok that makes sense, I built mine also and i didn't know if it was my pump or someone else's. I remember on my N54 it did the same thing too. Thanks for the reply though I'm glad I'm not the only one lol
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2019, 03:14 PM   #4
zole2112
Modder of everything I own
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MineralF30 View Post
Ok that makes sense, I built mine also and i didn't know if it was my pump or someone else's. I remember on my N54 it did the same thing too. Thanks for the reply though I'm glad I'm not the only one lol
Yeah glad to hear it's not just me. I still don't understand why it happens though. I may be adding a second Walbro for a stage 3 when I upgrade my turbo, if I do I will eliminate that large Hydramat and put 2 smaller fuel pickups on both pumps, maybe that will fix it.

What are you using for a fuel pickup? Mine is 15"x3"
2013 BMW 335xi F30 N55 PWG/VRSF DP/ER CP/Injen CAI/AA FMIC/JB4 map 7/Fuel= E50 w/ E85:93oct/Stock LPFP & HPFP/CATuned coilovers/Megan Racing Rear Swaybar/Powerflex Rear Subframe Bushing Inserts/Dual aFe Power Mach Force Mufflers/Resonator Delete/MHD & BMS Race BEF
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2019, 03:44 PM   #5
MineralF30
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zole2112 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MineralF30 View Post
Yeah glad to hear it's not just me. I still don't understand why it happens though. I may be adding a second Walbro for a stage 3 when I upgrade my turbo, if I do I will eliminate that large Hydramat and put 2 smaller fuel pickups on both pumps, maybe that will fix it.

What are you using for a fuel pickup? Mine is 15"x3"
I'm only using the filter that was included with the Walbro pump. I thought about getting a hydro mat but at the time I just decided to run the regular one and upgrade later.
Appreciate 0