F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Bluetooth iDrive Cutting Out Android
GetBMWParts

10-09-2021, 06:24 PM   #1
chewch87
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d F30

Bluetooth iDrive Cutting Out Android

Hello,

Not sure if this is the right place, and I'm sure that someone would correct me.

I have a 2014 F30 and for some reason when I'm talking on the phone using bluetooth it will unceremoniously disconnect from bluetooth leaving my phone connected to the call but not the car and then gather its thoughts and *may* reconnect. This can happen in any number of scenarios e.g. After a minute, after a few minutes. The screen sometimes sticks on the dialling screen and I could be 20 seconds in to a call before it realises "oh you're having a quick conversation". It keeps doing this at rather random intervals. I was so frustrated that I even went and bought an FM transmitter for calls which worked beautifully, however didn't have as clear of a sound to the person on the end of the call so got returned to Jeff Bezos.

I've tried the following:
  • Holding the power button for the head unit until it re-boots. - It did reboot, but didn't resolve the issue.
  • Clearing the connected devices from the car and then re-adding.
  • Wiping my phone to factory settings.
  • Making sure that the MyBMW app isn't installed (this seemed a temporary fix but the issue reared its ugly head again.)
  • Changing the bluetooth settings in developer mode so that it uses 1.5 version of AVRCP

I'm running a Google Pixel 3 with the latest public version of Android 11.

Any thoughts or tips would be appreciated. I really don't want to go replacing head units or bluetooth modules if I can at all help it.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2021, 02:57 AM   #2
Berseker
Rep
Drives: BMW 120i F20 Msport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewch87 View Post
[*]Changing the bluetooth settings in developer mode so that it uses 1.5 version of AVRCP
hi, try lower versions of AVRCP, I am on 1.3 but sometimes each phone have its best settings on other versions
Appreciate 0